Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Kerry mike that was powerful shtuff.

scud

Twitter:To Quote Mark Corrigan (Peep Show) - 'Is this what my grandfather died for?'

I see it as another example of modern society's obsession with celebrity at the expense of any sort of social or political awareness. To see the beeb and broadsheet newspapers print celebrity 'tweets' makes my blood boil.

Oh look, Ashton Kutcher just took a pic of his womans arse. Lets see what insights Andy Murray has on the current war in Afghanistan, or perhaps even some insight into his pre-wimbeldon preparations..... oh, hes splicing up tennis player names with food. He make a joke!

The world is doomed  ;)

ziggysego

Funny stuff KerryMike  :D
Testing Accessibility

balladmaker

So I see you can register your mobile, and each time the person you are following 'tweets', you get their message in text format to your phone.

Now for the likes of Mariah Carey, if each of her 1 million followers has registered a mobile, do each of them receive a text each time she tweets?  If so, who the feck pays for that?!

Lecale2

I know feck all about this twiter thing but I enjoyed the Kerry meets Carey posts.

ziggysego

Maybe we should all follow Carey and why her why she is ignoring KerryMike!  :D
Testing Accessibility

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: balladmaker on July 17, 2009, 02:17:22 PM
So I see you can register your mobile, and each time the person you are following 'tweets', you get their message in text format to your phone.

Now for the likes of Mariah Carey, if each of her 1 million followers has registered a mobile, do each of them receive a text each time she tweets?  If so, who the feck pays for that?!

Not sure never get phone updates.

But possibly: each message/twit/tweet can only be 140 characters and a text message can hold 160 characters so that would leave up to 20 characters for advertising.

irunthev

Quote from: scud on July 17, 2009, 11:21:48 AM

Twitter:To Quote Mark Corrigan (Peep Show) - 'Is this what my grandfather died for?'

I see it as another example of modern society's obsession with celebrity at the expense of any sort of social or political awareness. To see the beeb and broadsheet newspapers print celebrity 'tweets' makes my blood boil.

Oh look, Ashton Kutcher just took a pic of his womans arse. Lets see what insights Andy Murray has on the current war in Afghanistan, or perhaps even some insight into his pre-wimbeldon preparations..... oh, hes splicing up tennis player names with food. He make a joke!

The world is doomed  ;)

My sentiments exactly..... and I feel there is far more to this than meets the eye.

Maybe when Mariah Carey becomes Vice President to Sarah Palin and they make Kerry Mike Secretary of State for Communication, Kerry Mike will be able to let us know exactly what the whole tweeting business is about.

muppet

KerryMike is she one of the famous Patrickswell Careys or is she from beyond in Gowran?
MWWSI 2017

passedit

Was reading on the metro there that hits on twitter had gone through the roof over the last two days. Who's in the doodoo this time?
Don't Panic

Orior

I've been trying to follow Pope Benedict. But there are two candidates.

How do I know which is the right One?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

I happened to tweet on Monday evening that new UTV weather girl is very nice ;)

Turns out she has been following me for a year on Twitter. Awkward...  :D
Testing Accessibility

maggie

I find her accent wile annoying.

ziggysego

Quote from: maggie on July 27, 2011, 09:27:53 AM

The weather last week had an annoying accent, not this week's.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maggie on July 27, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
Are you not talking about the doll on BBC?

Ziggy who is the blade on UTV?