Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: maggie on July 27, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
I find her accent wile annoying.

I find all Nordie accents annoying
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 27, 2011, 04:42:41 PM
Quote from: maggie on July 27, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
I find her accent wile annoying.
Are you not talking about the doll on BBC?

Ziggy who is the blade on UTV?

Sarah McCaffrey. Filling in for Frank, whilst he is on holidays.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on July 27, 2011, 04:56:43 PM
www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/136838/112124

Yeah I would probably hit that!

TG4 weather girls are far better.

Kerry Mike

QuoteWas reading on the metro there that hits on twitter had gone through the roof over the last two days. Who's in the doodoo this time?

T'was me and Diarmuid The Rock O'Sullivan having words !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Bingo

Joey Barton seems to looking to make something of a cult figure of himself on Twitter.

Taking on all the journo's today and giving them plenty of stick. David Pleat is also getting it.

AhJaysusRef

QuoteI find all Nordie accents annoying

Describing someone from the North of Ireland as a Nordie is an immature and simplistic attempt at an insult/humour.

Bingo

Quote from: AhJaysusRef on August 08, 2011, 05:05:20 PM

Describing someone from the North of Ireland as a Nordie is an immature and simplistic attempt at an insult/humour.

You Nordie's are easily offended.  ;)

Tubberman

I thought it was the north of Ireland?
Jeez, ye make it awful complicated to know how to address the people and the country/state/province/colony/dominion
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AQMP

Quote from: Bingo on August 08, 2011, 05:09:47 PM

You Nordie's are easily offended.  ;)

I really hate that...

an apostrophe where one is not required...

AhJaysusRef

When someone calls a person from the north a Nordie, they are implying the term 'them ones up there', with the suggestion that Southerners are superior beings and in fact a different breed entirely.

However very few people find the term Nordie offensive.

Most northerners actually find it humorous that 'Southerners' think it is a victory for them to call a person from the north a Nordie.

Let them have their little win, I say, for if that is what a person classes' a success then moments of a triumphant nature may are likely to be few and far between for this individual.

laoislad

Quote from: AhJaysusRef on August 08, 2011, 05:30:31 PM
When someone calls a person from the north a Nordie, they are implying the term 'them ones up there', with the suggestion that Southerners are superior beings and in fact a different breed entirely.

Most northerners actually find it humorous that 'Southerners' think it is a victory for them to call a person from the north a Nordie.

Let them have their little win, I say, for if that is what a person classes' a success then moments of a triumphant nature may are likely to be few and far between for this individual.

:D

ross4life

I don't get this "Southerners" business what about people from Inishowen what do you Northerners call them?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

screenexile

Quote from: ross4life on August 08, 2011, 08:05:47 PM

I don't get this "Southerners" business what about people from Inishowen what do you Northerners call them?

I don't bother with the "Southerners" thing I prefer to call ye all 'Free Staters'

Mike Sheehy

You are not a fan of certain Nordies yourself it appears !

Quote from: AhJaysusRef on August 04, 2011, 01:37:33 PM
While the landscape of County Tyrone is pleasant; the neanderthal people, their way of life and especially their accent are nothing short of vile.

(totally agree with you btw)