Adrian Sweeney: AWOL?

Started by taung, July 10, 2007, 11:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taung

What happened to Ardrian Sweeney last Saturday? ???

http://www.hoganstand.com/Donegal/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=80218

Anyone got the inside story on this one?

aodhruadh

BBC claim  "Adrian Sweeney has returned to the Donegal squad after missing last weekend's qualifier win over Leitrim.""

orangeman

Apparently he was pissed off at not making the team for the Leitrim match - if he had been on the piss, Brian Mc Ivor would not have taken him back - simple !

taung

The only match Adrain started this championship was the Tyrone match and he was subbed off (Kevin McMenamin) early in the second half.......how could he expect to be starting for the Leitrim match?

Boozehell

As a Northern Football Fan I don't think that Adrian Sweeney woud be fit enough to start a match and last the whole 70 minutes.  In my opinion he is more of an effective sub to bring on in the last 15-20 minutes if things aren't going well.
Down GAA to the last.

MrC

Quote from: taung on July 10, 2007, 11:10:21 PM
What happened to Ardrian Sweeney last Saturday? ???

http://www.hoganstand.com/Donegal/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=80218

Anyone got the inside story on this one?

Was p'd off at not making the team and didn't travel. I saw Donegal train in Letterkenny last night and Sweeney was there so it looks as if he's kissed and made up
'Sam's For The Hills' - Anthony Molloy, 20th September 1992

Boozehell

Have just got news from my source in Donegal that Sweeney wasn't available for the match due to the fact that he had to go and pick turf from the bogs.
Down GAA to the last.

dodo

Quote from: Boozehell on July 11, 2007, 11:06:30 AM
Have just got news from my source in Donegal that Sweeney wasn't available for the match due to the fact that he had to go and pick turf from the bogs.

Said like a man that wouldn't know the difference between footin' and rolling turf !

the Deel Rover

Quote from: dodo on July 13, 2007, 11:05:44 AM
Quote from: Boozehell on July 11, 2007, 11:06:30 AM

Said like a man that wouldn't know the difference between footin' and rolling turf !

aye dodo i'd say he never reckled turf either ,or tasted a lovely cup of bog tae and the hang sadwich can't be bate ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001