Successful Fundraising Events/Ideas

Started by TheClutch, October 20, 2015, 09:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClutch

Was hoping posters could share their experiences from their own clubs regarding fundraising events.

We all know about the norm of strictly and club plays etc.

My club is a junior club and is fairly small membership wise. We do however have a large catchment area, can be hard to attract members because of high interests in soccer.

Any one know of any real innovative and different ideas for fundraising that worked really well for their club?

Many thanks in advance!
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

5 Sams

http://www.thousandaire.ie/

Used these lads a couple of times. Brave bit of work involved but they make you do it. They set deadlines and drive you on and the night itself is great crack.
The Aristocrat Years

TheClutch

Thanks 5 Sams, something I definitely haven't seen before, looks like good craic also! Are they easy enough work with considering they are based in Tipp and we are up north?

5 Sams

Quote from: TheClutch on October 20, 2015, 10:35:08 AM
Thanks 5 Sams, something I definitely haven't seen before, looks like good craic also! Are they easy enough work with considering they are based in Tipp and we are up north?

No problem whatsoever. They'll set up a schedule of meetings with your committee and will make sure you hit your targets. Very well run outfit. If they see you aren't putting the effort in they will pull the plug.
The Aristocrat Years

ashman

Four good ones

The cow dung square

Dancing

White collar boxing

Dog night :

All with ad filled programmes and raffle on night .

MoChara

Something I've found brought a lot of ones together from my home club is the Biggest Loser, it got a lot of people that weren't too involved with the GAA together, used the senior team as group leaders and exercise coaches, charge a couple of quid for circuit classes etc fantastic for community relations and did good work int he community.

MoChara

Quote from: ashman on October 20, 2015, 10:42:57 AM
Four good ones

The cow dung square

Dancing

White collar boxing

Dog night :

I read that as a dog fight at first I was wondering if its really the best way to fund raise lol

TheClutch

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 20, 2015, 10:37:23 AM
Quote from: TheClutch on October 20, 2015, 10:35:08 AM

No problem whatsoever. They'll set up a schedule of meetings with your committee and will make sure you hit your targets. Very well run outfit. If they see you aren't putting the effort in they will pull the plug.

Sounds like the kind of push we would need to get it going. Pity they are fully booked until March 2016. Will definitely suggest to committee for 2017. Thanks.

TheClutch

Quote from: MoChara on October 20, 2015, 10:43:26 AM
Something I've found brought a lot of ones together from my home club is the Biggest Loser, it got a lot of people that weren't too involved with the GAA together, used the senior team as group leaders and exercise coaches, charge a couple of quid for circuit classes etc fantastic for community relations and did good work int he community.

Great idea, could even pull a few boys out of retirement  ;) How long did you run it for? Was it a post Christmas kind of thing? Seems like something that could fizzle out after a month or so?

TheClutch

Quote from: ashman on October 20, 2015, 10:42:57 AM
Four good ones

The cow dung square

Dancing

White collar boxing

Dog night :

Thanks ashman. Did your club run any of these and you have an idea of initial costs or have you just attended such events?

balladmaker

There are clubs around the country making serious money on Strictly dance nights, is a real money spinner between tickets, brochure, advertising revenue etc.  I know a fella who runs this across the country, they will meet with the committee and provide a full costing and expected intake should the club be on board with the effort in pulling it all together.  They also provide dance tutors etc. to prepare the budding club members who are partaking.  PM me if you want the contact details for a chat with them. 

They also do The Cube, as well as the latest one I've heard of, Lip-Sync Battles.

Bingo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhV-ylowyc

Similar to one of the posts above.

Its a community based Health and Well Being programme that we launched 5 years back. Its a 12 week programme with weekly circuits and a Couch to 5 k for beginner runners with other runs for more experienced runners.

We have 250 signed up for this years and mid way through it. Could have hit 300 easy enough but had to cap numbers. Finishes with the 5km at end of November and we'd over 700 doing it last year.

Been such a success that the GAA sent out people to see how it operated and recorded that video for the Health and Wellbeing programme. Several clubs are doing it locally and nationwide, I helped one club in Mayo get a similar programme up and running recently.

Raises funds, get a range of people involved in club and is good craic.

take_yer_points

We did a lottery syndicate a good while back - maybe 15 years ago. Just over 300 people signed up to it.

£20 entry a month, and you pick your line of 6 numbers on the lottery. Your line gets entered every Wednesday and Saturday for a year as part of the  syndicate. That cost about £8 or £9 a month back then - the remaining £12 or so went to the club. After the year the winnings from the syndicate was split evenly between the people who paid into it. I don't think the winnings were an awful lot in the end and a good few people ended up telling the club to keep that too

johnneycool

Quote from: TheClutch on October 20, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: MoChara on October 20, 2015, 10:43:26 AM

Great idea, could even pull a few boys out of retirement  ;) How long did you run it for? Was it a post Christmas kind of thing? Seems like something that could fizzle out after a month or so?

Our club did the biggest loser last winter and its very good for building the club within the local community where people who'd no involvement in the GAA side of things started to come into the premises and ended up bringing their kids to camogie and hurling later in the year, not to mention some people lost some serious weight, but I wouldn't consider it a huge money spinner although they did run events in the club and we got the bar takings.

I'd highly recommend it, but don't be expecting big financial gain.

cornerback

Shameless plug...

http://ballinascreengaa.com/

Derry legend and four time All-Star Tony Scullion will pick his football Dream Team based on the inter-county championship between 2000 and 2015.
Pick your Dream Team to be in with a chance of winning £1000!!!

Tony Scullion played for Derry from 1983 to 1996 winning 4 All-Stars and was full back on the first Derry team to win Sam Maguire in 1993.

He captained Derry to the National League title in 1995 and won a record 6 successive Railway Cup Medals. He represented Ireland in the Compromise Rules series in 1987 and 1990 and his senior football and hurling career for Ballinascreen spanned 3 decades.

Entry Fee £10