NFL Div 2 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Anybody have a list of our provisional fixtures for the upcoming Div 2 after Xmas ?

les Antiques

Just heard Roscommon away in the first match .

Heshs Umpire

Proposed League schedule:

26 Jan v Roscommon (A);
1 Feb v Armagh (H);
9 Feb v Cavan (H);
23 Feb v Clare (A);
29 Feb v Kildare (H);
15 Mar v Westmeath (A);
22 Mar v Fermanagh (A).
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

maddog

Anyone have the Armagh or Roscommon fixtures. Going to this game whatever the venue :o

Jd

Just looking at the teams in it we haven't a whole lot to be afraid of. Most of them teams would be of a similar standard to ourselves and we have beaten most of them in different competitions over the past 3or 4 years. Can't see us being relegated anyway

The PRO

Quote from: Jd on October 18, 2019, 03:04:03 PM
Just looking at the teams in it we haven't a whole lot to be afraid of. Most of them teams would be of a similar standard to ourselves and we have beaten most of them in different competitions over the past 3or 4 years. Can't see us being relegated anyway
I dunno. I think what might have been the more "winnable" games are away. Can't see us getting anything in The Hyde so a home win v Armagh will be vital.

Chrimtain

I think  based on the new rule changes, I am right in saying that we need to find a big target man.

The PRO

Quote from: Chrimtain on October 19, 2019, 09:54:07 PM
I think  based on the new rule changes, I am right in saying that we need to find a big target man.
Big Dan is the man...

Laoiseabu

D Kingston and OCarroll are our main target men if that's what this new rule is all about so .

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

a simply disastrous set of fixtures, cannot see a home win coming....and if we end up bottom two, does this drop us to tier 2 of the championship?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on October 19, 2019, 11:28:00 PM
a simply disastrous set of fixtures, cannot see a home win coming....and if we end up bottom two, does this drop us to tier 2 of the championship?
Yes it will drop us to tier 2 , unless we get to a Leinster final which would allow us to compete in tier 1

Joeythelips

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 19, 2019, 11:39:01 PM
Yes it will drop us to tier 2 , unless we get to a Leinster final which would allow us to compete in tier 1

Hardly a disastrous set of fixtures, all the teams are of a similar standard imo. Surely if we are good enough we could beat the likes of Westmeath, Fermanagh or Cavan.

Im no fan of the tier 2 stuff but if Laois cannot stay in that division or get to a Leinster final then they do not deserve to compete at that level.

The new ruling will mean this will be the most competitive league season of all time.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Joeythelips on October 21, 2019, 09:31:20 AM

Hardly a disastrous set of fixtures, all the teams are of a similar standard imo. Surely if we are good enough we could beat the likes of Westmeath, Fermanagh or Cavan.

Im no fan of the tier 2 stuff but if Laois cannot stay in that division or get to a Leinster final then they do not deserve to compete at that level.

The new ruling will mean this will be the most competitive league season of all time.
Not an easy set of fixtures at the same time . Cavan just down from division 1 and last time we played Fermanagh up there 3 years ago we were beaten by 10 or 12 points I think . Westmeath and ourselves are up from division 3 this year and I'd say would be a similar level to ourselves judging by previous results and what I've seen of them . Really looking foward to it all kicking off .

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Joeythelips on October 21, 2019, 09:31:20 AM

- Any team could beat another but it will be ferocious. It will be ultra competitive, maybe more important than the championship. It forces players to have to train at full tilt in the miseries of an Irish winter and play well in February-April. Shows how broken it is. The sooner we have one 4-5 month inter-county season that runs through the summer months the better. Some dose to be facing a winter in the muck-and-shite and maybe getting relegated to division 3 all the same.

Laois fan

Also means well have to put alot stronger teams out in o byrne cup to get players match ready,and hopefully if donie is committing we will need him back earlier this year