I am pro-Ireland

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 07, 2010, 09:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Sorry, I'm really tired of this fawning to the status quo. I was over in London there last week and despite the fact I have some very good, decent friends there, in Britain, I am still Irish, I am different, in accent, attitude and outlook on life. I am proud to be Irish, to be separate from England etc, not because I am a bigot, or sectarian in anyway, but because I live on a small island and know I am different, and I also believe that Ireland should, and will, be united some day, one day, and not because of Sinn Féin, or some pseudo-republican dream, but because it deserves, as do we do, to be united, as Irishmen and women, in one island, perhaps against the world, but as a free-standing island in the world.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

gallsman

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 07, 2010, 09:49:35 PM
Sorry, I'm really tired of this fawning to the status quo. I was over in London there last week and despite the fact I have some very good, decent friends there, in Britain, I am still Irish, I am different, in accent, attitude and outlook on life. I am proud to be Irish, to be separate from England etc, not because I am a bigot, or sectarian in anyway, but because I live on a small island and know I am different, and I also believe that Ireland should, and will, be united some day, one day, and not because of Sinn Féin, or some pseudo-republican dream, but because it deserves, as do we do, to be united, as Irishmen and women, in one island, perhaps against the world, but as a free-standing island in the world.

Would you like a medal?

Nally Stand

GAA BOARD MEMBER IN "I'M NOT APOLOGETIC ABOUT BEING IRISH" SHOCKER!

I was thinking of starting this thread myself because it really is a bit sad to see the lack of respect and loyalty so many posters here have to their country. I was just looking through the GAA and General Discussion sections today and among the things being ridiculed by posters were the GAA itself, Irish language, Irish dance, Amhrán na bhFiann, Irish culture as an entity, references to the "mainland" UK and repeated partitionist statements typified by that complete b*****ks Mike Sheehy.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 07, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
GAA BOARD MEMBER IN "I'M NOT APOLOGETIC ABOUT BEING IRISH" SHOCKER!

I was thinking of starting this thread myself because it really is a bit sad to see the lack of respect and loyalty so many posters here have to their country. I was just looking through the GAA and General Discussion sections today and among the things being ridiculed by posters were the GAA itself, Irish language, Irish dance, Amhrán na bhFiann, Irish culture as an entity, references to the "mainland" UK and repeated partitionist statements typified by that complete b*****ks Mike Sheehy.
you do realise this board has unionist members and wind up merchants?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Cannonball

Having lived away for nearly ten years in England, France and the States, and visited 20 odd countries around the world, I reckon there are two types of people - those who are Irish and those who want to be. Stand up and be proud!
Do you believe in God?......I don't understand the question.

Nally Stand

I do indeed however I don't think that each of the statements was made by unionists and even if they were, there is no rush by anyone to engage in debate with them to speak positively about these issues. More people seem interested in throwing personal abuse or in joining the culture bashing bandwagon
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 07, 2010, 10:20:33 PM
I do indeed however I don't think that each of the statements was made by unionists and even if they were, there is no rush by anyone to engage in debate with them to speak positively about these issues. More people seem interested in throwing personal abuse or in joining the culture bashing bandwagon
welcome to the gaaboard.

muppet

Quote from: Cannonball on June 07, 2010, 10:17:51 PM
Having lived away for nearly ten years in England, France and the States, and visited 20 odd countries around the world, I reckon there are two types of people - those who are Irish and those who want to be. Stand up and be proud!

This man wore that t-shirt if I recall:

MWWSI 2017

Cannonball

If that was meant for me Pints, Cheers.
Do you believe in God?......I don't understand the question.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Cannonball on June 07, 2010, 10:25:16 PM
If that was meant for me Pints, Cheers.
Well it wasn't but sure I'll say it to you too, welcome to the gaaboard - even if you are from tyrone

Orior

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 07, 2010, 09:49:35 PM

Good for you man. Thats the same reason I started the "we're not as british as Finchley thread"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Down South

Would I be correct in saying that the vast majority of the above posters were born and reared in the UK?

muppet

Quote from: Down South on June 07, 2010, 10:42:39 PM
Would I be correct in saying that the vast majority of the above posters were born and reared in the UK?

Me and Denis Bergkamp weren't.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on June 07, 2010, 10:44:09 PM
Quote from: Down South on June 07, 2010, 10:42:39 PM

Me and Denis Bergkamp weren't.
neither was I