Hefty Bans....

Started by 5 Sams, October 09, 2008, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Doire abú on October 09, 2008, 05:34:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2008, 05:26:46 PM
Well its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.

Would you expect to get away without a ban if you did so?

Trevor Brennan, 5 year ban, but them rugby hoors deserve it?

Pangurban

Dont get too exercised about this lads, its just the usual pantomine, heavy fines and suspensions which will be greatly reduced on appeal, leaving the association as a whole looking weak and ridiculous. You could all write the script, watch this space

Doire abú

Quote from: AFS on October 09, 2008, 06:59:13 PM
Bit of a clip of some of this on the BBC news there. Looked ugly with players fighting among the crowd and several men having to be held back from each other at the final whistle. Not the type of scenes that paint our game in a positive light to say the least.  :(

At first glance on that clip, I can't see any player that did anything wrong (apart from the S'neil players in the crowd at the start).

treborstemme

Just have a wee look at hardman Darren Conway and his big feet at the end of the game ;)

johnpower

Quote from: under the bar on October 09, 2008, 05:03:33 PM
QuoteFrancis McEldowney - 1 year (Left field)
Fergal McEldowney - 1 year (Left field)

Should these read "Left Field..to fight with spectators"?

Good stuff I was having trouble figuring out why leaving the field was worthy of a ban

Gabriel_Hurl

Everything will get reduced - see what happened Ardboe in 1988

Kerry Mike

I was sent off in a junior game many moons ago for verbals, which got me a month's holiday for my troubles, went to appeal it and was chatting to the local district Chariman who just happened to be from the same club as the referee and I knew them both well.

So says himself to me "yerra Mike what did you say to the referee", and I says "yerra he is only an auld bollix for sending me off and you are turning into one too".

I got another month for my sins, but it was in November and always worth a good laugh.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Over the Bar

I'd expect at a Derry championship match there'd be more than enuff muck-savage red-necks in the crowd to handle the fighting themselves without players needing to get involved.

Doire abú

I don't think a Tyrone man has any right to be talking like that, sure there hasn't been a club match finished for two years in Tyrone!!  :D :D

the green man

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 09, 2008, 11:16:07 PM
I'd expect at a Derry championship match there'd be more than enuff muck-savage red-necks in the crowd to handle the fighting themselves without players needing to get involved.

As SS2 would point out, your grammer is shocking, punctuation needs looked at also.

I'd expect  that a Derry......more than enough missed loads of commas also.

c**k.

Billy Magoo

QuoteWell its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.

As i stated on the Derry thread, the two lads who left the field are brothers, they were standing on the sideline, seen their father getting punched in the crowd and thats why they went out.  I also said there wouldn't be a son in derry, maybe ireland who wouldn't have done the same thing.  I'm not condoning it, just stating this so people understand why they went out.

corn02

Anyone got a link to the BBC footage?

orangeman

Quote from: corn02 on October 10, 2008, 09:11:17 AM
Anyone got a link to the BBC footage?

Go to the Derry club thread - it's on it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: the green man on October 10, 2008, 12:35:58 AM
As SS2 would point out, your grammer is shocking, punctuation needs looked at also.

What is this "grammer" you speak of?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Billy Magoo on October 10, 2008, 08:52:52 AM
QuoteWell its just that someone mentioned their father was involved somehow and if for example (not saying this happened cos I don't know) someone was attacking my father in the crowd I'd be over the fench swinging clips in no time.

As i stated on the Derry thread, the two lads who left the field are brothers, they were standing on the sideline, seen their father getting punched in the crowd and thats why they went out.  I also said there wouldn't be a son in derry, maybe ireland who wouldn't have done the same thing.  I'm not condoning it, just stating this so people understand why they went out.

contradictions....

Quotetonesfirstandlast

Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #14319 on: October 09, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I have said before, I have every sympathy with the Slaughtneil situation, they did not deserve this punishment, another case of the CB over reacting and then pulling in their wings after they have been made to look stupid.
However, THE TWINS DID NOT GO TO HELP THEIR FATHER, THIS IS LIES. THEY CAME OVER THE FENCE TO ATTACK A BALLINDERRY SUPPORTER WHO WAS GIVING THE ONE WHO WAS SENT OFF GRIEF. THERE WAS NOTHING HAPPENING UNTIL THEY JUMPED THE FENCING.