1 (0.5%)
Dublin
3 (1.5%)
Mayo
15 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Down Gael on September 23, 2008, 12:07:16 AM
[Fear ón Srath Bán, its good to see that a fairweather supporter like yourself managed to get a ticket for yesterdays game. I notice you are a bit touchy about the defeat in Newry. Maybe its because you werent there  ;) Still you can always ay you didnt see Tyrone lose this year.

'Fairweather supporter'  :D Now I know that you're pulling the piss.  ;D Sorry for taking you seriously earlier.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Down Gael

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 14, 2008, 11:53:23 PM
Couldn't make the game tonight, well done Down, and good luck for the rest of it. Believe Mc Enaney was horrific, he's excelling himself these days.

Good Night  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Down Gael on September 23, 2008, 12:16:36 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 14, 2008, 11:53:23 PM
Couldn't make the game tonight, well done Down, and good luck for the rest of it. Believe Mc Enaney was horrific, he's excelling himself these days.

Good Night  ;)

Aye, a crap team can really throw your plans out. Ah well, I think I'll just stand here and admire my reflection in SAM.

Down Gael

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 23, 2008, 12:21:40 AM
Aye, a crap team can really throw your plans out.

Wasnt Darragh O`Se saying the same thing earlier  :D

DUBSFORSAM1

Kerry with 4 All-Irelands to Tyrone's 3
Kerry with 1 backdoor win to Tyrone's 2  - which negates the idea that Kerry have it easier.
Kerry with 6 provincial titles to Tyrones 3
Kerry with 2 National Leagues to Tyrone's 2
Kerry with 7 final appearances to Tyrones 3 (including 5 in a row)
Kerry team of the decade so far....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Goodnight Down Gael, and I'm not really admiring my reflection  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 23, 2008, 12:29:41 AM
Kerry with 1 backdoor win to Tyrone's 2  - which negates the idea that Kerry have it easier.

I would actually tilt towards Kerry for the team of the Decade. But... they can't beat Tyrone! (despite your statistics, lies, damned lies, and statistics!)  :P

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 23, 2008, 12:32:06 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on September 23, 2008, 12:29:41 AM

I would actually tilt towards Kerry for the team of the Decade. But... they can't beat Tyrone! (despite your statistics, lies, damned lies, and statistics!)  :P

True - but then Kerry don't lose to teams like Meath, Down, Laois and Tyrone don't have the consistency required...

Fear ón Srath Bán

But, Tyrone haven't lost a final (or semi-final)!

Getting to to the final is, to me, fairly meaningless. True, we were beaten by Laois, Meath & Mayo, but, we were not capable of winning the All-Ireland in those years. We hammered Laois in '03, scraped past Mayo in '08,  but so what?

INDIANA

dsfm , you just don't like tyrone. i have a grudging respect borne out of the fact that i know when dublin produce a team like them we might win the big one. all of tyrone's all-irelands were infinitely harder than any kerry won and to win them they had to beat kerry to do it -not once but 3 times. We haven't beaten kerry since 1978 in championship football, yet one county does it 3 times in 5 years and they are inferior to kerry? ??? ??? ??? ??? You have to be having a laugh.
All kerry have to do is beat clare and they will be playing championship football in august,similar to dublin in many respects which makes our record a shocking endigtment when you thunk about it.(lets not dwell on that for too long!!!)
Of those statistics- the provincial titles is very weak in comparison to ulster as thye are guaranteed a provincial final appearance every year in munster. National league wins are the same.
The reality is kerry can't be called the team of the decade because they haven't beaten tyrone,and every Kerry person knows it

moysider

Tyrone have beaten Kerry in the matches that counted. I ll be the first to admit that Mayo did nt even ask a question of Kerry 04/06, [ I m not going to talk about Cork, not my business]  The teams that did ask the tactical questions in finals, Armagh and Tyrone, beat them. The Mayo finals dont count imo because we did nt put out a serious effort but all Kerry/Tyrone/Armagh games were the real deal and Kerry did nt do it. Add in the fact that Munster is between Cork/Kerry and comparisons with Tyrone are are completely distorted. Tyrone took the scenic route this year and were fresher and reached a peak and improved as the year progressed. Kerry have the  luxury to do that every year. Even more so as they don t hump their tent until late in the summer if they lose the Munster Final. Tyrone can go in he first round.

Who ever wins 09 wont change the fact that Tyrone are the kings of the noughties unless Kerry beat Tyrone in 09 final. Then its up in the air but now its game, set and match to Tyrone. A Kerry - Tyrone final not likely next year as Tyrone will have a tough path to the final but Kerry already in reality are only 2/3 games away from next years final anyway. If this Tyrone team and manager were in the Munster situation there is a case for them doing better than Kerry have done.

Gnevin

Why does it have to be team , Kerry and Tyrone are too close to call and no matter who win next year they will still be too close.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Ball Hopper

Kerry have 4, Tyrone have 3.

If Tyrone win in 2009, the take the tiebreaker on head-to-head comparison.

Who was the team of the 60's....Down (3), or Galway (3).  That's a much more difficult question.

Bacon

Has to be Tyrone IMO. That was a great performance on Sunday.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

The GAA

Quote from: Bacon on September 23, 2008, 11:46:43 AM
Has to be Tyrone IMO. That was a great performance on Sunday.

You can't be team of the decade on one outing. If tyrone can tie Kerry's sam record next year they will move into the team of the decade slot. until then, its kerry