tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: tram on August 17, 2008, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 17, 2008, 10:57:09 AM
Too late. No amount of backpedaling will disguise the fact that ye think Wexford are a pushover....just like Armagh did.
Where did I say Wexford would be a pushover?
Don't mind him.
The permanently embittered Mike Sheehy can read  between the posts if it not there in B&W to suit his agenda.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Must admit I just didnt expect Tyrone to be in the last four this year but very pleasantly surprised :). Id imagine its a pretty similar situation for the Wexford fans and theyre probably delighted to be facing Tyrone rather than Dublin, gives them a great chance of reaching an All-Ireland final.

Really hard to make a call on this match after the summer Tyrone have had. Was yesterday the sign that Tyrone can still be AI contenders or was it one last big performance from a great team? We saw a similarly brilliant performance out of nowhere against Donegal in Ulster last summer but the team failed to reach the same heights when it mattered later in the championship. The challenge now must be to try and ensure the same doesnt happen here. It will be a lot closer than yesterdays match for sure.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The two best football managers in the game head-to-head; makes for something of an intriguing tie, with the only certainty being that Tyrone need to exert to the same degree (as yesterday) to be anything like assured of progress.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

No excuses for Tyrone now, no more crying about the old guard, no more getting your excuses in by the dozen before the game.
No place to hide as we now know you can play class football for 70 minutes instead of 5 minutes here and there.

under the bar

QuoteTyrone supporters are already talking about the Tyrone v Kerry AI final and paying no respect to Wexford.

I've not met a real fan yet who thinks this.  Armagh were cought sleeping and talking of an AI final but you won't find many around Tyrone making the same mistake.

under the bar

QuoteTyrone won an all ireland in 2005 by playing 8 or 9 games

10 actually. ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

Focus will be the big thing before this game. Time and time again teams who have won the way Tyrone did yesterday go out and get beat in their next match. It happened the Dubs this year, Meath in 2001 and Armagh in 2004. There are many other examples. Tyrone will be expected to win and that will put more pressure on the players than they have experienced in recent times. It will be great though to be heading to Dublin with both the minors and seniors playing in All Ireland semi finals.

AN other

All I can think about is the hammering Meath gave Kerry in the AI semi to get hammered by Galway in the final. I don't think Tyrone will produce the performance they produced against Dublin again.
Tyrone haven't become a bad team in the last two years as some seemed to be suggesting leading up to the Dublin game, but I still don't think they're as good as they were in 2003/2005. I don't think they'll be lifting Sam this year.

blanketattack

Down beat Tyrone by 1 point, Wexford beat Down by 7 points -> Wexford to beat Tyrone by 8 points
or
Dublin beat Wexford by 23 points, Tyrone beat Dublin by 12 points -> Tyrone to beat Wexford by 35 points.

I'm going be quite controversial and predict that it'll be somewhere in between.

tyssam5

Quote from: blanketattack on August 18, 2008, 01:37:21 AM
Down beat Tyrone by 1 point, Wexford beat Down by 7 points -> Wexford to beat Tyrone by 8 points
or
Dublin beat Wexford by 23 points, Tyrone beat Dublin by 12 points -> Tyrone to beat Wexford by 35 points.

I'm going be quite controversial and predict that it'll be somewhere in between.

Nice.

ziggysego

Who'll be the next Tyrone player to sport a beard for this game?
Testing Accessibility

Lazer

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 17, 2008, 09:34:54 AM
Yesterday, 30 counties were supporting Tyrone and willing them on to win as the underdogs and because the opposition was Dublin.  Against Wexford the situation reverses, Tyrone supporters are already talking about the Tyrone v Kerry AI final and paying no respect to Wexford.

Why only 30? Who is the other county not supporting Tyrone?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

ziggysego

Quote from: Lazer on August 18, 2008, 09:56:09 AM
Yesterday, 30 counties were supporting Tyrone and willing them on to win as the underdogs and because the opposition was Dublin.  Against Wexford the situation reverses, Tyrone supporters are already talking about the Tyrone v Kerry AI final and paying no respect to Wexford.

I'm sure TYP was excluding Tyrone themselves as they would be slightly biased ;)
Testing Accessibility

upthehoops

Quote from: Lazer on August 18, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

Armagh!!

EC Unique

Im going to say what alot of Tyrone fans are thinking (and you are - if you are honest!!). I think Tyrone are going to have no problem with Wexford and will beat them by quite a large amount. This has nothing to do with 'respect' or 'complacency' but just down to the fact that I think Tyrone have alot more talent in their ranks and the'big day' will not effect them where as I think it will all be a bit much for the Wexford players. I am really hoping for an All-Ireland Final Day with both our Minors and Seniors involved but the Minors have a bigger task to get there. Remember this is just my opinion and I am being Honest..  ;)