tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

it gives me great pleasure to open this thread and i hope the boys from reservoir dubs enjoy it as well  ;) :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mannix

glenullinabu

mattie ford - ryan mcmenamin is behind you, now hes beside you, now hes on top of you ;D ;D

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

gerry

tread should have started a week ago.

as usual the dubs over hyped.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

ps. Tyrone nothing to lose, bring on kerry
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Jinxy

Quote from: gerry on August 16, 2008, 09:50:04 PM
ps. Tyrone nothing to lose, bring on kerry

Is this not the same thing the Dubs are getting abuse over?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donagh

Any information on tickets yet? The wifes family are normally hurling people but it seems the football bug has taken the county (Wexford) by storm. Not much chance of coming by any in the Armagh clubs so if anyone has some to spare drop me a line.   

orangeman

I'd say every person in Wexford will be in Croke Park on 31st August -

Will there be a full house ???

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIs this not the same thing the Dubs are getting abuse over?

sssshhh..just let them at it.

Mike Sheehy

Too late. No amount of backpedaling will disguise the fact that ye think Wexford are a pushover....just like Armagh did.

ziggysego

I for one don't think Wexford will be a push over. It'll be a much tighter game than yesterday's and Tyrone will need the same sort of performance to get over them. Wexford have now seen what we can do and you can beat they've already sat down to work out how to counteract that. Can we win? Yes. Will we win? I'll answer that nearer the time...
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Wexferd in the final would be great unless they were to 'do a Mayo' or 'a cork' ( see  finals passim).
So it is tough call.

Ideally Cork would beat Kerry and then i couldn't care less who wins the other semi final.
A Throne-Kerry final would be as close to timber  as Gaelic football gets.

A Kerry 3 in a row made up of three soft all-Irelands would be a tragedy.  At least the cats are peerless but Kerry seem to have the flakiness that doesn't deserve a three in a row. I mean it's hardly their fault and it doesn't say much about them that the last 2 all-Irelands involved 'playing' teams that had severe confidence issues. Tyrone are unlikely to present the same sort of issues.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

this game is far from a foregone conlusion. it will be tight but i'm hoping tyrone's greater experience will see us through.  of the teams left i would prefer to play cork as i dont really rate them at all.

comethekingdom

A Kerry 3 in a row made up of three soft all-Irelands would be a tragedy.  At least the cats are peerless but Kerry seem to have the flakiness that doesn't deserve a three in a row. I mean it's hardly their fault and it doesn't say much about them that the last 2 all-Irelands involved 'playing' teams that had severe confidence issues. Tyrone are unlikely to present the same sort of issues.
[/quote]

How the f**k can you say that a team that could/would win a 3 in a row as all soft all Irelands??
The simple fact is that Kerry have been the most consistent team in Ireland since the turn of the decade - look at the stats.
Tyrone won an all ireland in 2005 by playing 8 or 9 games - what a fantastic achievement lots of people said but some people seemed to forget that some of these game were replays as Tyrone just couldn't put teams away the first day!!
Kerry will certainly relish a cut at Tyrone IF and I stress IF they put away Cork and sort out the FB issues.
Sufficient credit is not being given to this Kerry team IMO probably because of jealousy and a reluctance to recognise a fantastic team that are not finished just yet!!