Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2014, 03:40:09 PM
Whatever they paid for Billy Sheehan, it was too much.
Winding up the Nordies like he did he was worth every penny.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2014, 03:40:09 PM
Whatever they paid for Billy Sheehan, it was too much.
Winding up the Nordies like he did he was worth every penny.

= success in Laois

PaddyP73

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 19, 2014, 10:33:16 AM
Quote from: PaddyP73 on June 18, 2014, 10:49:30 PM
Would you divide Mayo into 2 to give the rest of Connacht a chance as ye will win your 4th title in a row next month?

Have Mayo been givin millions upon millions of euro from government and GAA funds?

Quote from: PaddyP73 on June 18, 2014, 10:54:18 PM
What about the 200k a year ye were paying Micko?
plus he bought Billy Sheehan €€€ tried to poach Declan Quill,Declan Browne €€€
Laois beat Dublin for years at minor/u21 pity all the players turned into pissheads/junkies/money grabbers
most of Laois decent players transfers to Dublin clubs for money than play for their county €€€

Your anger is making you irrational, calm yourself down. Go to the clinic and they'll give you your treatment. You're repeated use of €€€ seems to be sending a message, you're asking for some money. Look, I don't have a euro for ya, if you want to stay in a hostel pay for it yourself.

haha your great craic. I think your giving yourself too many hand shandies thinking about Dublin.il give you €€€ to take your anger out on a sheep.You could even paint it in the Dublin colours  :) 8)

ps I was already in the clinic from the dose I caught from your missus so wont be going near her again :-*

PaddyP73

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2014, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 19, 2014, 10:33:16 AM
Quote from: PaddyP73 on June 18, 2014, 10:49:30 PM
Would you divide Mayo into 2 to give the rest of Connacht a chance as ye will win your 4th title in a row next month?

Have Mayo been givin millions upon millions of euro from government and GAA funds?

Quote from: PaddyP73 on June 18, 2014, 10:54:18 PM
What about the 200k a year ye were paying Micko?
plus he bought Billy Sheehan €€€ tried to poach Declan Quill,Declan Browne €€€
Laois beat Dublin for years at minor/u21 pity all the players turned into pissheads/junkies/money grabbers
most of Laois decent players transfers to Dublin clubs for money than play for their county €€€

Your anger is making you irrational, calm yourself down. Go to the clinic and they'll give you your treatment. You're repeated use of €€€ seems to be sending a message, you're asking for some money. Look, I don't have a euro for ya, if you want to stay in a hostel pay for it yourself.
Paddy sounds like an angry man alright   ;D
The type of fella who might break someones jaw in an unprovoked attack even...
But sure who would do such a thing...

wouldn't be hardy as the Laois boys
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/laois-probe-broken-jaw-and-assault-on-linesman-26385235.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/1109/56534-parkinsonc/
http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/garda-investigated-over-alleged-assault-at-match-26692220.html

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=136313

thejuice

I think rather than trying to split Dublin I think we need to standardise as much as possible the off field conditions for all county teams. We are lucky in the sense that we have a closed competition of roughly 32 teams.

To start with, expenditure on county teams should be capped. Teams in the lower leagues should be allowed a greater expenditure to try and address the balance. It's not a silver bullet but it's a start. The cap will need to be reviewed annually depending on funding available. A portion of all funding from sponsorship from all but the weakest counties should be pooled to help fund this.

All teams should have access to a defined minimum standard of training facilities. A more joined up approach to development of centres of excellence should in the short term should allow for shared facilities till such time as all counties have a COE each.

The size of back room teams need to be limited for all teams. The make up of said back room teams is at the discretion of the management.

I think this is the best way forward in creating more competitive competitions.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Quote from: thejuice on June 20, 2014, 03:12:56 PM

To start with, expenditure on county teams should be capped. Teams in the lower leagues should be allowed a greater expenditure to try and address the balance. It's not a silver bullet but it's a start. The cap will need to be reviewed annually depending on funding available.
I hope it would be better policed than the " no payments to Managers" situation  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

You can only try.

I think the punishment should be that if you go over the cap, the extra money is given to your main rival. So if ye Rossies would end up finding Mayo if ye tried anything untoward.

Anyway if Roscommon ever win anything we'll know straight away ye're cheating.  ;)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Quote from: thejuice on June 20, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
I think the punishment should be that if you go over the cap, the extra money is given to your main rival. So if ye Rossies would end up finding Mayo if ye tried anything untoward.

We're already funding effin Mayowestros - The Centre of Excellence outside Smellyhaunis and Prentypark in Castlebar. >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2014, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 20, 2014, 03:12:56 PM

To start with, expenditure on county teams should be capped. Teams in the lower leagues should be allowed a greater expenditure to try and address the balance. It's not a silver bullet but it's a start. The cap will need to be reviewed annually depending on funding available.
I hope it would be better policed than the " no payments to Managers" situation  :-\

Or the no training during the training ban which was well respected by Banty & McGeeney

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 19, 2014, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 18, 2014, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 18, 2014, 01:53:49 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 17, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
So if the same money was 'pumped ' into Laois
Would they be at the same level in football and hurling as where Dublin are now?

At senior level in football no
Why not?

Don't understand your comment about strongish base - plenty of Laois senior clubs ( Arles, portlaoise) have been v competitive in Leinster this past decade

I meant Dubl$n were already getting to plenty of quarter and semi finals, they weren't good enough to win one though until the millions of euro started taking effect and along came the long list of underage talent.
So you are saying that given millions
Dublins same players went on to win the all Ireland

So my question again- if Laois ( same squad of lads) had same millions would they do the same as Dublin ?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 18, 2014, 10:59:10 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 18, 2014, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on June 18, 2014, 01:53:49 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 17, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
So if the same money was 'pumped ' into Laois
Would they be at the same level in football and hurling as where Dublin are now?

At senior level in football no
Why not?

Don't understand your comment about strongish base - plenty of Laois senior clubs ( Arles, portlaoise) have been v competitive in Leinster this past decade

Portlaoise have had it ridiculously easy in the Laois championship recently. They have won 7 in a row and their best players like McCormack, Cahillane, Healy, Lillis and Rogers don't line out for the county team. I would have seen quite a few of the other Laois clubs in the last few years in challenge matches and their standard is generally poor enough. It's no surprise that there's a number of their county players plying their trade with Dublin superclubs despite Laois being within a commutable distance.
I don't know which came first - the exodus to Dublin clubs looking for money
Or
Portlaoise dominance

I played plenty of challenge games against various senior club teams in Laois and they were far from poor