Kevin Cassidy is in bother with the boss.

Started by orangeman, November 08, 2011, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

If Jim thinks he has a better half back in Donegal then his decision can be vindicated. If he hasn't then he needs to go and look at the egocentric manner in which he protrays himself.
Kevin Cassidy is one of the finest players in Ireland, a fellow I have met on a few occasions, he wears his hearts and his mouth so to speak on his sleeve. I think this will have a poor effect on the Donegal squad rather than galvanise them

seafoid

Quote from: spuds on November 08, 2011, 10:14:53 PM
T'is november, Cassidy will be back with Donegal before he can say cad é mar atá tú

Seo nuacht on Tuaisceart. Ta gach rud trina cheile i dTri Chonaill.   

seafoid

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 09, 2011, 07:57:38 AM
If Jim thinks he has a better half back in Donegal then his decision can be vindicated. If he hasn't then he needs to go and look at the egocentric manner in which he protrays himself.
Kevin Cassidy is one of the finest players in Ireland, a fellow I have met on a few occasions, he wears his hearts and his mouth so to speak on his sleeve. I think this will have a poor effect on the Donegal squad rather than galvanise them

I wouldn't be made about seeing  Donegal Paul Galvinised

ck

McGuinness goes ultra defensive again on this one. Cassidy will be back by the end of the McKenna cup, wait and see.
Cassidy has heart, work rate and passion.. qualities that were sadly lacking in McGuinness when he was a player.

heffo

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2011, 08:36:53 PM
When's the last time a newly crowned All Star got the road from the county panel. Some mess in Tír Chonáill :-\

Paul Clarke - 1996

Man Marker

Quote from: ck on November 09, 2011, 08:50:06 AM
McGuinness goes ultra defensive again on this one. Cassidy will be back by the end of the McKenna cup, wait and see.
Cassidy has heart, work rate and passion.. qualities that were sadly lacking in McGuinness when he was a player.

What a complete dungbag of a post, what has his abilities as a player got to do with his ability to being a manager. It very clear that there were team rules. Cassidy choose to ignore them for his own personal gain at the expense of the team. He sound smore like a derry player the more I read.  :D

Moving on into a more expansive theory, is it possible they have agreed to make a big deal out of this to promote the book, kevins pocket will swell as a result. Its not beyond the realms.

Bingo

If all Cassidy has done is disclose that Donegal decided to get more mean and mouthy, then I don't see what he has said that wasn't that obvious to the outsider. It was clear that Donegal had changed their whole approach under McGuinness and he had applied methods to do so.

Bensars

Quote from: Man Marker on November 09, 2011, 09:50:21 AM

What a complete dungbag of a post, what has his abilities as a player got to do with his ability to being a manager. It very clear that there were team rules. Cassidy choose to ignore them for his own personal gain at the expense of the team. He sound smore like a derry player the more I read.  :D

Moving on into a more expansive theory, is it possible they have agreed to make a big deal out of this to promote the book, kevins pocket will swell as a result. Its not beyond the realms.

I wonder if there were any team rules in place when half the Donegal team stayed in Dublin after their draw in the championship a few years ago ?

Joxer

I'd say Cassidy may be happy enough to walk away from the County scence.

Man Marker

Quote from: Bensars on November 09, 2011, 10:18:57 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on November 09, 2011, 09:50:21 AM

I wonder if there were any team rules in place when half the Donegal team stayed in Dublin after their draw in the championship a few years ago ?

Mc Guinness was not manager then, ya dope!!! You would need to ask Moran that question or probably Cassidy, he seems happy to mouth off to the press about the internal going on's of a team.

J70

Very harsh assessment of him as a player. He was excellent for us in the mid to late 90s, arguably the best player in Ulster in '98. Lost his way for a while after that, but who wouldn't given the tragedy he was involved in right after the Ulster final that year. However, he got back to close to his best after a few years. Himself and John Gildea gave us a very decent midfield pairing, something we've lacked ever since.

On a wider note, if there is an aspect of Donegal's play I find distasteful, its the introduction of the deliberate McMenamin-style mouthing off that Cassidy refers to. I certainly didn't like it when the likes of McMenamin would be screaming at Devenney or whoever to try and put them off. However, its seems to be an accepted part of the game now.

yellowcard

Donegal used to everyones second favourite team, but they almost managed to become the most popular team in the country in the space of 12 months. The spoiling tactics, ultra defensive approach and communist regime have decimated the goodwill of the neutral fan. 

mannix

Big story about nothing, it's no big secret really, they talk trash to the opponent? Who doesn't?
I have heard from a few lads that the abuse at county level can be savage, from fans and opponents.
Either way it's Going to be interesting to see what type of game donegal will play next year, now that there defense game is not a surprise.
Beating your opponent while saying nothing to them is the best policy, and a healthy shoulder is no harm either, just to leave them speechless.

J70

In today's excerpt, Cassidy admits to trying to get Connolly sent off in the semi, even though he didn't know if he had struck Boyle. Apparently you have to use every advantage possible.

Cannot support that and I would hate it had that played a role in getting us to the final. And if he is dumb enough to admit to it, then the GAA should punish him. I don't care how widespread it is. That type of cheating cannot be condoned or tolerated.

Main Street

Very naive by Cassidy to admit to that.
He would be an easy touch in the interrogation room.