Wicklow v Down. Aughrim 3pm Saturday. Live on RTE

Started by Trevor Hill, July 12, 2009, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

A few weeks ago Down were in big trouble ... Wicklow are a tough team and tough for anyone to play down there.
I'd be a bit cautious ... it could be an upset if Wicklow get a decent start and drag Down into a dog fight

Dinny Breen

I'd fancy Wicklow in Aughrim against most sides and the mountain men will be out in force for this one.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dubh driocht

Wobbler, any word on Paul Murphy ?

Trevor Hill

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2009, 08:16:20 PM
It wouldn't be an upset if Wicklow won. They are a handy enough outfit. This will be evens apiece.

Spot on and lets be honest it isn't an upset if Down get beat anymore, but we are still in the competition and are in with a shout of making it to the next round. The draw could have be a lot worse.

5 Sams

Quote from: Dubh driocht on July 12, 2009, 08:23:42 PM
Wobbler, any word on Paul Murphy ?

Dead leg...he'll be grand.
The Aristocrat Years

Dubh driocht

Good news.Must be the same starting 15 then ?Or would Aidan Carr come in to half-forward line ?

Denn Forever

So Carr can stay now?

Should be a good game but I'd say Mick O will be feeling quietly confident.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

balladmaker

Wicklow will be favourites, would be an upset if Down were to win this one.

5 Sams

Quote from: Dubh driocht on July 12, 2009, 08:36:47 PM

Good news.Must be the same starting 15 then ?Or would Aidan Carr come in to half-forward line ?

I would leave well enough alone...who would Aidan come in for Maginn?

I would worry about this game....cute oul hoor Micko....I'd say he'd be happy enough with the draw.
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

Would expect Wicklow to take another scalp. I've played club matches against Wicklow teams in Aughrim and it really is a tough place to go to. They won't fear Down one bit.

You've got to take your hat off to O'Dwyer. The guy is a living legend. I know lads who were under him with Kildare and they'd have ran through brick walls for him.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Carbery

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 12, 2009, 08:08:51 PM
Nothing arrogant about pangurbans post, he is just saying what he thinks. I am sure the bookies may see it differently, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.
Anyway, you go and enjoy the cricket, at least you have something to keep you occupied during the summer.

Is Armagh not playing Down in the Ulster Minor Final next Sunday?

orangeman

Ross could be around next year yet !   ;)

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2009, 09:47:25 PM
If Down win this, I think it would be harsh to get rid of Ross Carr to be honest.
[/quote
Definitely.

BallyhaiseMan

I Fancy Down to take this
Dont kid yourself that Wicklow are anything other than a very average team who beat a Fermanagh team in disarray and one of the worst team in the country,Cavan.
It might be a step too far more Micko, Down have alot more class than what Wicklow have come up against in their last 2 games.

Mourne Rover

If we had found ourselves away to Cavan next Saturday, they would be favourites. Wicklow beat Cavan by eight yesterday, so it's a serious test for us. For those of us who are out of the country, there is presumably very little chance of live tv.