the arrival of ennio

Started by lawnseed, March 31, 2013, 11:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

the greatest living composer is coming to Dublin in July. ennio morricone the man responsible for the themes of over 200 films and TV programmes including the good the bad and the ugly and the mission will enthrall an Irish audience for the first time. tickets are 80euro. its sounds pricey but he comes with 197 other performers.
my favourite is 'Ecstasy of gold' from the good the bad and the ugly but there are literally hundreds to choose from.
the concert clashes with my holidays which is typical.

if you get the chance dont miss this
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

theticklemister

I like his version of sacco and vanzetti. Song about two left wing italian radicals who were accused of murder in america.  They were innocent and this was a cause a celebre in america. Woody guthrie , david rovics and christy moore did other songs about the aforementioned duo.

Dinny Breen

Any dates Lawnseed? Would love to bring my old man.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 31, 2013, 11:51:30 AM
the greatest living composer is coming to Dublin in July. ennio morricone the man responsible for the themes of over 200 films and TV programmes including the good the bad and the ugly and the mission will enthrall an Irish audience for the first time. tickets are 80euro. its sounds pricey but he comes with 197 other performers.
my favourite is 'Ecstasy of gold' from the good the bad and the ugly but there are literally hundreds to choose from.

Typical partitionist attitude. He played Belfast in 2008.

Zulu

Unbelievable composer, would love to go and see him if I could. €80 is excellent value IMO.

Ecstasy of Gold - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGe7iK1O-4

Gabriel's Oboe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oag1Dfa1e_E

Wonderful stuff.

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 31, 2013, 02:43:21 PM

if you get the chance don't miss this
a quote from rte.. perhaps you should contact them.

where you at the Belfast show? i watched him in Venice on sky arts. the tears ran down my face fantastic stuff

Ulick

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8892

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on April 01, 2013, 07:57:54 AM

if you get the chance don't miss this
a quote from rte.. perhaps you should contact them.

where you at the Belfast show? i watched him in Venice on sky arts. the tears ran down my face fantastic stuff
It seems the promoter is billing this as his Irish debut. RTÉ and most of the other news outlets just churn out press releases.

Wasn't at the belfast show, just remember hearing about it as part of Queen's Festival.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Tickets on sale since 9 this morning - just bought myself a couple :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2013, 09:44:58 AM

jammy b.... ;D

Tubberman

Quote from: lawnseed on April 03, 2013, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2013, 09:44:58 AM

jammy b.... ;D

If you're buying , watch out for some 'missed event insurance' that I seem to have inadverently bought >:(
I definitely didn't tick a box for it, so it must be pre-selected and you have to unselect it if you don't want it - looks like Ticketmaster are following Ryanair's tactics!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mouview

Got meself one also on the ol' laptoperooney and managed not to buy the event insurance thing as well. Majestic!

Jill's theme from Once Upon a time in the west one of the most perfect pieces of music ever composed. Look out also for soundtracks to Cinema Paradiso and Once Upon a time in America.

Milltown Row2

Some wonderful music, I've it on playing now, the wife thinks I'm nuts or going through a midlife crisis lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea