Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I enjoy Naomi, Carruthers trying to tie her up but not succeeding.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2019, 11:01:37 PM
I enjoy Naomi, Carruthers trying to tie her up but not succeeding.

Dont know what you are talking about. He is asking her reasonable questions and she is giving deluded answers. Eg Alliance will Not win NB and will get 4000 votes max. She is getting herself in knots. On one hand we dont know the results as the electorate will decide sp Alliance may win anywhere but on the other hand DUP defo wont get 10 seats because of the political analysis. How the feck did Mark let her away with that contrast all in one sentence.

JPGJOHNNYG

She is also just lying about the south belfast votes. Alliance are clinging onto the rather dodgy last lucid talk poll. For example if they get 32% of the vote in South Antrim ill eat my hat

gallsman

Quote from: Square Ball on November 07, 2019, 09:22:28 PM
Corbyn is up against a pathetic, hateful government, but the public don't seem to trust him and see Boris as best of them.

That's because Corbyn and his goons are about as useful as a fart in spacesuit.

Screaming "tax the rich!" or "nationalise everything!" endlessly with zero substance behind it only gets you so far.

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 09:04:42 AM
Corbyn is up against a pathetic, hateful government, but the public don't seem to trust him and see Boris as best of them.

Screaming "tax the rich!" or "nationalise everything!" endlessly with zero substance behind it only gets you so far.

Robert Shrimsley in the FT 

"Beyond Brexit, Labour has a coherent narrative. The last three years have been no advert for Tory efficiency and the last nine have not left most people feeling better off. Labour has a raft of policies with appeal to core groups. It has baubles for young and old, tenants and workers. It will not be outbid on public services. And while Mr Johnson's spending promises play well, voters' current experiences are of austerity and cuts. Labour can, for example, note that Mr Johnson's promised 20,000 extra police will only restore numbers to their 2010 level. Its message of a rigged society plays strongly, not least with many of those who voted Leave. This taps into a key point. Many of those who backed Brexit did so not out of a Faragist obsession with the EU, but out of a sense that the country had stopped working for them. "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2019, 09:16:45 AM

Robert Shrimsley in the FT 

"Beyond Brexit, Labour has a coherent narrative. The last three years have been no advert for Tory efficiency and the last nine have not left most people feeling better off. Labour has a raft of policies with appeal to core groups. It has baubles for young and old, tenants and workers. It will not be outbid on public services. And while Mr Johnson's spending promises play well, voters' current experiences are of austerity and cuts. Labour can, for example, note that Mr Johnson's promised 20,000 extra police will only restore numbers to their 2010 level. Its message of a rigged society plays strongly, not least with many of those who voted Leave. This taps into a key point. Many of those who backed Brexit did so not out of a Faragist obsession with the EU, but out of a sense that the country had stopped working for them. "

Thanks for that Jeremy
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

In 2016, when SF held a commemoration in Westminster for the 100th Anniversary of 1916, up steps Corbyn to read the Proclamation.  Total respect 😊

gallsman

Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2019, 09:32:29 AM
In 2016, when SF held a commemoration in Westminster for the 100th Anniversary of 1916, up steps Corbyn to read the Proclamation.  Total respect 😊

Sweet, give him the keys to the NHS and the education system because of it.

trailer

Could be a tough response on the doors for SF with Nurses now due to go on strike in NI. MON was the last health minister before SF collapsed Stormont and obviously didn't increase pay levels when they had the chance. Their "solidarity with Nurses" line rings a bit hollow.

tbrick18

What about "protect workers rights", "protect the nhs", protect the poor in society rather than demonise them....I think that gets you a bit further too.
For your quote above, I genuinely don't know where this opinion comes from. I hear similar things in the press or the panel shows from some people, but I have yet to hear what exact policy/policies this is based on. I'm not having a go, it's a genuine question....why do you have this opinion.
On the face of it I think Corbyn speaks a lot of sense and if I'm missing something about what he has/hasn't done I'd like to be educated!
Question Time last night, one of the panellists said that this Labour opposition have defeated the government more than any other opposition in history. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is, surely that demonstrates that they are capable?

marty34

Quote from: trailer on November 08, 2019, 10:10:02 AM
Could be a tough response on the doors for SF with Nurses now due to go on strike in NI. MON was the last health minister before SF collapsed Stormont and obviously didn't increase pay levels when they had the chance. Their "solidarity with Nurses" line rings a bit hollow.

NHS is a mess - whoever has it.  Slugger was on radio this morning.  In south he said, they call the Health brief Angola, as there's mindfields everywhere you turn.

Rossfan

I presume 8 DUPUDA shoe ins, hopefully they lose both North and South Belfast but will possibly gain North Down.
Presumably 5 SF shoe ins plus hopefully North Belfast and Fermanagh/Tyrone.
SDLP hopefully South Belfast and possibly "Foyle".
Have Alliance or the cowardly UUP any chance of a seat?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

The problem is that Corbyn's gang don't actually have any solutions to anything. They can just criticise. I think we can all agree "Protect the NHS" is a great idea. The most important question is "how?". You only have to look at examples of Abbott and Corbyn himself bumbling around the place unable to work their calculators to demonstrate how much spoofing they actually do.

Defeats the UK government have suffered have been down to the bungling incompetence of the Tories and the fact the UK has absolutely no idea what it wants out of Brexit, not because of some political mastery from Corbyn. Look at the way he and Labour have flip flopped all over the place with regards to the election as an example. Look at his absolute inability to stop the party fracturing. "Hey lads, let's all agree to zero tolerance on racism and sectarianism" shouldn't be a difficult concept for a Labour leader to pull together.

And don't ever forget that he's a Brexiteer himself.

The UK is absolutely fucked. If it's a choice between Johnson or Corbyn, the best option would be to pack the bags and move abroad.

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
The problem is that Corbyn's gang don't actually have any solutions to anything. They can just criticise. I think we can all agree "Protect the NHS" is a great idea. The most important question is "how?". You only have to look at examples of Abbott and Corbyn himself bumbling around the place unable to work their calculators to demonstrate how much spoofing they actually do.

Defeats the UK government have suffered have been down to the bungling incompetence of the Tories and the fact the UK has absolutely no idea what it wants out of Brexit, not because of some political mastery from Corbyn. Look at the way he and Labour have flip flopped all over the place with regards to the election as an example. Look at his absolute inability to stop the party fracturing. "Hey lads, let's all agree to zero tolerance on racism and sectarianism" shouldn't be a difficult concept for a Labour leader to pull together.

And don't ever forget that he's a Brexiteer himself.

The UK is absolutely fucked. If it's a choice between Johnson or Corbyn, the best option would be to pack the bags and move abroad.
They are going to invest in the UK and get growth going again.
No more austerity. those are solutions
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

They're not solutions. They're aspirations.