Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

This will defo make things interesting in NB there every possibility Finucane could unseat Dodds. There will be a fierce scrap to get the voters out there. As a gesture to remain voters he could say he will take his seat for Brexit votes and debates tho prob unlikely the cult would allow that. 
Also not sure if they will reciprocate in SB, they may well which should make it wee buns for Hannah.
EB is a different kettle of fish tho. I think Naomi only got in cos the DUP couldn't get the vote out but they have consistently now for a few elections so think its unlikely she'd make it

Orior

For additional pantomime, JF should dress up as Daniel O'Connell and enter the Houses of Parliament. That's after he wins obvs
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2019, 01:07:36 AM
Anti-DUP sounds a bit like themmuns. Pro GFA would be a stronger suit.
Absolutely not. A build-up of anti DUP sentiment doesn't just cover GFA or Brexit, but also their attempts to deny equal rights, plus their involvement in numerous scandals. Having read the book on RHI, the workings of that party have utterly disgusted me further.
If Sylvia Hermon was Dodds's closest competitor in NB, she'd get my vote.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2019, 01:07:36 AM
Anti-DUP sounds a bit like themmuns. Pro GFA would be a stronger suit.
The themmuns modes means failure is tolerated . The DUP made a horse's arse of Brexit and the customs border will increase costs for both sens of muns. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

6th sam

Cue the SF/IRA , pan nationalist front rhetoric from DUP and throwing Alliance in the mix as SDLP stepped aside for them and SF (cf the vitriol and violence against Alliance when they had the cheek to remain neutral re flags.)
Decent people on all sides need to stand up to the self-interested DUP .
I genuinely feel sorry for the Protestant working class who have been shafted by the DUP for years, massive job losses, educational underachievement , poor health outcomes, whilst DUP politicians going back to Paisley and Robinson are coining it. A unionist friend of mine enlightened me on the fact that the DUP have been viewed as corrupt for years but Were  lucky in being positioned as the leaders of unionism and therefore secure many voters , who don't like them but feel they are in the best position to maintain the union. If nationalists can reassure those decent unionists that any new arrangements will be economically sound and respect their Britishness , they'll turn on the DUP dinosaurs as well

marty34

Fair play to Nicola Mallon - that's leadership.  They've made this decision unilaterally i.e. no contact with other parties.

Be interesting to see how the numbers stack up.

I take it no 'dissidents' will be voting!

johnnycool

Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 09:17:06 AM
Fair play to Nicola Mallon - that's leadership.  They've made this decision unilaterally i.e. no contact with other parties.

Ahem, Nicola said on the radio this morning that Michelle was on the phone a week or so ago but nothing was agreed formally and no "pacts" were in place.

I think its sensible politics from the SDLP and if Eastwood does take a seat in Foyle then no harm done IMO.
Shinners need to reciprocate.

Getting shot of Pengelly, Dodds and even Robinson would be some going.

trailer

The defeat of the pontificating Dodds and consigning him to the dustbin of history would be some achievement.
If SF don't reciprocate I think it'll will do them some harm in NB as those SDLP voters that they should pick up, might just stay at home.

sensethetone

Quote from: johnnycool on November 04, 2019, 10:10:51 AM

Ahem, Nicola said on the radio this morning that Michelle was on the phone a week or so ago but nothing was agreed formally and no "pacts" were in place.

I think its sensible politics from the SDLP and if Eastwood does take a seat in Foyle then no harm done IMO.

Imagine Nolan/Talk-Back dropping Nelson McCausland as "commentator" because they can have Nigel Dodds.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 04, 2019, 01:12:11 AM
Quote from: Rois on November 04, 2019, 12:53:48 AM
SDLP not standing in N Belfast, not in East or North Down. Smart decision, SF likely to reciprocate in South Belfast. SF need to play a smart campaign in NB now and go full on anti-DUP.

Are they?

Yes.

screenexile

It's getting nasty in North Belfast it's going to be a crazy few weeks there I imagine!

imtommygunn

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2019, 10:21:26 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 04, 2019, 01:12:11 AM
Quote from: Rois on November 04, 2019, 12:53:48 AM
SDLP not standing in N Belfast, not in East or North Down. Smart decision, SF likely to reciprocate in South Belfast. SF need to play a smart campaign in NB now and go full on anti-DUP.

Are they?

Yes.

It would be great to see the back of that witch Pengelly. An out and out bigot who should have never been near a seat.

johnnycool

Farage not having the balls to stand in a constituency himself speaks volumes that the Brexit Party may have run it's race.

But we'll have to wait and see where they can do damage to someone else as they're not likely to get one MP in a FPTP election it seems.

WT4E

I believe this will happen! Be great

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2019, 11:24:13 AM

I believe this will happen! Be great

Sinn Fein are stepping down in all 3 seats!!