Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2023, 01:04:28 AMA very subjective taste. They have an audience they cater to and do well... a bit like Mrs Browns boys very successful but not my particular cup of tea!

I like their radio show, good craic. You don't know what's coming next. Light entertainment. Only this is I think they add in a bit of fake laughter, sort of go overboard and exaggerate their laughter a bit which is a bit annoying.

Never listened to their podcasts or never been to their live shows.

Mario

The football pod back today. 1 free show and 1 behind the paywall every week. I enjoy listening to the lads but it's a bit Dublin/Kerry centric. Shown today by the fact they spent more time talking about Dean rocks retirement than they did talking about the all Ireland club final.

Deerstalker

Quote from: Mario on January 23, 2024, 08:03:04 AMThe football pod back today. 1 free show and 1 behind the paywall every week. I enjoy listening to the lads but it's a bit Dublin/Kerry centric. Shown today by the fact they spent more time talking about Dean rocks retirement than they did talking about the all Ireland club final.

I see The Irish Examiner hurling podcast with Anthony Daly is behind a paywall now, was free last year until the championship. It can be decent, mind you they go out of their way at times to show how much "craic" they are having 

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Deerstalker on January 23, 2024, 09:47:49 AM
Quote from: Mario on January 23, 2024, 08:03:04 AMThe football pod back today. 1 free show and 1 behind the paywall every week. I enjoy listening to the lads but it's a bit Dublin/Kerry centric. Shown today by the fact they spent more time talking about Dean rocks retirement than they did talking about the all Ireland club final.

I see The Irish Examiner hurling podcast with Anthony Daly is behind a paywall now, was free last year until the championship. It can be decent, mind you they go out of their way at times to show how much "craic" they are having 

I use to listen to this but paying Spotify should be enough. Once the tenner a month came- bye bye
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Brendan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/68247897?fbclid=IwAR15bZwBY8L0jP26aZBYyyCwDrEqPIX7WbrjQdRiOW9c_mfU2my3enkSpks

Was wondering why there wasn't a mention of the Wicklow game on Mondays podcast since they usually have a dedicated half hour

fearsiuil

Quote from: Brendan on February 09, 2024, 09:25:40 AMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/68247897?fbclid=IwAR15bZwBY8L0jP26aZBYyyCwDrEqPIX7WbrjQdRiOW9c_mfU2my3enkSpks

Was wondering why there wasn't a mention of the Wicklow game on Mondays podcast since they usually have a dedicated half hour
Reminds me of time Tullamore lad pushed ref after Leinster club game last year when Tullamore native Paul Rouse said would not talk about it on the Examiner podcast that week but would definitely deal with on another episode. Think he never brought up again.

That said think it's a very good podcast.

J70

Becoming more and more impressed with Niblock and Oisin's podcast, especially the midweek one. Listening to the one with Donal McAnallen and Kevin McCloy at the moment, following closely on from the Frank McGuigan one a week or two ago and some of the ones last year. He's a superb interviewer, Niblock, and gets all these prominent GAA personalities to really open up about their opinions and real lives.

Can't-miss listening for me.

SaffronSports

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2024, 05:26:50 PMBecoming more and more impressed with Niblock and Oisin's podcast, especially the midweek one. Listening to the one with Donal McAnallen and Kevin McCloy at the moment, following closely on from the Frank McGuigan one a week or two ago and some of the ones last year. He's a superb interviewer, Niblock, and gets all these prominent GAA personalities to really open up about their opinions and real lives.

In the midweek one, I sometimes wonder what the point of Oisin is?

lurganblue

Quote from: SaffronSports on March 05, 2024, 05:31:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2024, 05:26:50 PMBecoming more and more impressed with Niblock and Oisin's podcast, especially the midweek one. Listening to the one with Donal McAnallen and Kevin McCloy at the moment, following closely on from the Frank McGuigan one a week or two ago and some of the ones last year. He's a superb interviewer, Niblock, and gets all these prominent GAA personalities to really open up about their opinions and real lives.

In the midweek one, I sometimes wonder what the point of Oisin is?

A foot in the door?

imtommygunn

It's a fantastic listen. The McCloy and Donal mcanallen one was for me one of the best and there are some good ones.

I didn't enjoy the mcguigan one as much as some of the rest. Tbh niblock, who I do really like, seemed like he was pushing him to say he's an alcoholic and he wouldn't. Thought it strayed into uncomfortable.

Mcconville quite sometimes but I imagine it's possibly difficult for someone who's not really a media person to ask questions on very sensitive topics. You'd be very afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Started listening to the linker shearer Richards podcast the rest is football. It's not bad.

SaffronSports

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2024, 09:25:11 PMIt's a fantastic listen. The McCloy and Donal mcanallen one was for me one of the best and there are some good ones.

I didn't enjoy the mcguigan one as much as some of the rest. Tbh niblock, who I do really like, seemed like he was pushing him to say he's an alcoholic and he wouldn't. Thought it strayed into uncomfortable.

Mcconville quite sometimes but I imagine it's possibly difficult for someone who's not really a media person to ask questions on very sensitive topics. You'd be very afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Started listening to the linker shearer Richards podcast the rest is football. It's not bad.

I like their Wednesday podcast. It's a q and a one. Get some good insight

imtommygunn

Yeah I am definitely warming to it.

Ethan Tremblay

The Overlap is quite good to be fair and the guests are generally top of the pile also.  Although lighthearted, Gary and Jamie aren't afraid to ask the hard questions also to be fair.   

Ole on this week talking about his tenure at United and what he perceives to have went wrong etc. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...