You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Because in heavy traffic the cyclist will always come out ahead. What's the point of putting a rider's life at risk to squeeze past him only to be passed by him again two seconds later at the next red light? I would really like to know.

Franko

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 03, 2019, 10:27:04 PM
Because in heavy traffic the cyclist will always come out ahead. What's the point of putting a rider's life at risk to squeeze past him only to be passed by him again two seconds later at the next red light? I would really like to know.

You're throwing in conditions now.  Granted, in heavy traffic, where there are small gaps between sets of lights, there's no need for a car to overtake the cyclist.  But only in this specific instance.

Eamonnca1

"Yes and no." The lad at the next desk just said it. Grrr!

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 11, 2019, 11:24:25 PM
"Yes and no." The lad at the next desk just said it. Grrr!

Is that a California thing Eamonn?

Never bothered me just usually means there can be two perspectives something

Eamonnca1

I believe it is. They usually say it when they mean "Well this part is true but this other part is not." Just gets on my wick because it throws me off and I'm too busy thinking about the contradiction to listen to what they're saying.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 12, 2019, 12:09:53 AM
I believe it is. They usually say it when they mean "Well this part is true but this other part is not." Just gets on my wick because it throws me off and I'm too busy thinking about the contradiction to listen to what they're saying.

For me its the lack of T's. Workmate keeps going on about this "planner"(planter) that he build over the "winner" (winter)
probably going to have niney (90) flowers in it.

tyroneman

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 12, 2019, 12:36:37 AM

For me its the lack of T's. Workmate keeps going on about this "planner"(planter) that he build over the "winner" (winter)

Plenty of times in Belfast when 'R's tend to get a bypass as well.....as in....ma thoats dry, gimma thee pints a geen

Then there are those that would say language is constantly evolving and sucessful communciation is all that matters.......

omaghjoe

Quote from: tyroneman on June 12, 2019, 12:09:18 PM

Plenty of times in Belfast when 'R's tend to get a bypass as well.....as in....ma thoats dry, gimma thee pints a geen

Then there are those that would say language is constantly evolving and sucessful communciation is all that matters.......

Which is true and I agree with mostly but in belfast that's frequently a struggle.

Eamonnca1

Ha! Inneresting.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 12, 2019, 04:18:35 PM

Ha! Inneresting.
;D ;D Yeah that's another one  ;D

gawa316

Trying to watch a game in a pub in peace, and someone who will literally not shut the f**k up about every little thing that happens

Gmac

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2019, 03:04:55 AM
Trying to watch a game in a pub in peace, and someone who will literally not shut the f**k up about every little thing that happens
ha and probably wouldn't know if the ball was blown up or stuffed

Eamonnca1

Not to be awkward or anything, but why would you want to watch a game "in peace" by going to the pub? Is it not part of the experience to have other people shouting and roaring with you at the screen?

Tony Baloney

Must be from Belfast. Is MR2 on his halidays?

trueblue1234

Slugs.

Hungry cannibalistic c**ts.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit