Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: square_ball on September 10, 2017, 10:58:39 PM
Connolly is an awful referee as bad as I have come across. As said he's not biased just absolutely inept.
He should never referee another game again imo he obviously has no grasp of the game or rules whatsoever.
We may be short on referees in the county but it would be as fair of teams just tossed a coin rather than letting that clown decide the outcome.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

driveherin

In fairness to the Tyrone County Board....it as a great decision to play 5 games in 2 days on a pitch that was flooded just a couple of weeks ago!!!! Complete Clowns!!!
Also, Is Sean Hurson not supposed to be one of the best Refs in the country!!?? Yes he let the 2nd game go a bit more, and I'm not saying I like the black Card,. but Cathal McCarron put in a tackle which is the definition of a black card and then Patrick Doris put in a slide tackle with a couple of minutes to go on McCarron and went unpunished!!! Very dangerous tackle in the conditions, could have broke the mans leg!!! He just another Referee who likes to be the centre of attention.Its All About Him!!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 10, 2017, 10:46:57 PM
Dromore folk would take a championship back-door now. Train all year only to be beat by a late sucker-punch on a wet September night.

No they wouldn't, knockout championship is the only championship worth talking about.  There should be no back doors in club football.  Down have a back door system for championship and its rubbish.

Redhand Santa

Great come back win for Clonoe who looked to be heading out with ten or 15 minutes to go. They seem to have made a habit of getting goals at crucial times in championship games. Dromore will again be kicking themselves for not finishing the job in a big game.

Have to agree with the comments on the ref in the Moy Augher game. As bad as you will see anywhere. Never stops blowing the whistle - sometimes for minimal contact, sometimes for no contact and then once in a while doesn't blow for a blatant free or penalty. It wasn't a one off performance though and you'd wonder how he was appointed for a championship game. Not good enough for the players or people paying in to watch.

I do appreciate being a ref is a thankless task and not many are putting there hands up to do it but surely there has to be 7 or 8 refs with common sense that can do the championship games. I actually thought Hurson did rightly in the second game despite what was said above. He let the game go a bit which was needed in the conditions.

imtommygunn

Christmas Lights

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: driveherin on September 11, 2017, 08:13:52 AM
In fairness to the Tyrone County Board....it as a great decision to play 5 games in 2 days on a pitch that was flooded just a couple of weeks ago!!!! Complete Clowns!!!
Also, Is Sean Hurson not supposed to be one of the best Refs in the country!!?? Yes he let the 2nd game go a bit more, and I'm not saying I like the black Card,. but Cathal McCarron put in a tackle which is the definition of a black card and then Patrick Doris put in a slide tackle with a couple of minutes to go on McCarron and went unpunished!!! Very dangerous tackle in the conditions, could have broke the mans leg!!! He just another Referee who likes to be the centre of attention.Its All About Him!!

I agree with you about the two black card decisions,(McCarrons a stone wall black card and Dorris could almost have been a red)

To be fair, i actually thought Hurson refereed the game well otherwise.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GJL

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2017, 09:10:56 AM

I agree with you about the two black card decisions,(McCarrons a stone wall black card and Dorris could almost have been a red)

Did Dorris not get a yellow?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GJL on September 11, 2017, 09:21:14 AM

He did, but it was a deliberate trip to bring a man down. It should def been a black and was that dangerous it could have been red

GJL

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

he did, but it was a deliberate trip to bringa man down. sould def been a black and was that dangerous it could have been red

Fair enough but if the rules were properly applied Mc Carron would not have been on the pitch to get tripped..

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GJL on September 11, 2017, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2017, 09:25:22 AM

he did, but it was a deliberate trip to bringa man down. sould def been a black and was that dangerous it could have been red

Fair enough but if the rules were properly applied Mc Carron would not have been on the pitch to get tripped..
Well that's true.
McCarron was fantastic on the night I must say.
The best i have seen him playing in a long time.
Looks like his last game for Dromore though.

Gonzalo15

Was at the killyclogher pomeroy game on Saturday as a neutral and the referee there was just as bad. Some man from Stewartstown i think, hadn't a clue and very poor for both sides

tothetop03

Delighted we won, but how in under god was the game let go ahead in the interest of player safety??

That boy refereed the Moy V Augher game never is good how does he get games?? The biggest problem in the Gaa as a hole is the lack of referees being recruited....

Legoman5

Dont think McCarron has retired, He's just leavin Dromore by the looks of it, heard all year this was goin to happen - Dublin Club I heard he'll be joining but also hearin this morning rumours maybe a kildare club!!
Strange that he's not staying around for the League Semi Final, I think this sums up his love for the club alrite like he was posting on Facebook..
He was the best player on the field, him and McClure, was a great game considering the conditions!! Shane O'Hagan make the difference coming on, Clonoe dominated around the middle then!
Massive changes going to be needed in Dromore if more players are to pull the pin due to retirements etc, but who's too say this will weaken them? alot of talent to come in aswel! McNabbs and Sluddens are all great players