Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

seanmc123

Great intense game to the end. Dromore will be kicking themselves how they threw that away. I will say this, Cathal McCarron didn't deserve to be on the losing team today. Best individual defensive performance I have seen in a long time. Clonoe will be hard to stop now

In hiding

Quote from: seanmc123 on September 10, 2017, 08:26:39 PM
Great intense game to the end. Dromore will be kicking themselves how they threw that away. I will say this, Cathal McCarron didn't deserve to be on the losing team today. Best individual defensive performance I have seen in a long time. Clonoe will be hard to stop now
🤔

GetOverTheBar

Just home from the games in Carrickmore today.

Firstly I have to say, as a complete neutral (my own team is a D1 team) the referee for the Augher/Moy game was a complete joke. Absolutely the worst display I've ever seen at any level. Baffling decisions which at times had people laughing - the only positive thing about his performace I could say was probably, the best team ended up winning anyway in the Moy.

Clonoe/Dromore was great game I thought with an ending to fit, some fine displays from McCarron, Sean O'Neill to name a few, think Dromore will be kicking themselves though - they let this one slip. Fair play to Clonoe they dug in well and got over the line with the type of win that can start something special.

Mikhailov

Who was the referee in the Moy game tonight?

southtyronegael

cant mind his name but he was from aghayaran. worst i ever seen. ruined the game with his overfussy style. pitch very wet tonight which left the football very difficult. mc carron very good for dromore and mc clure i thought finished strongly for clonoe.

inroundthesquare

Norf Tyrone

I know he is living down south but is Cathal McCarron leaving Dromore.

See something regarding on twitter.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

skeog

Norf he is long gone from Dromore since 2013.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 10, 2017, 09:05:40 PM
Just home from the games in Carrickmore today.

Firstly I have to say, as a complete neutral (my own team is a D1 team) the referee for the Augher/Moy game was a complete joke. Absolutely the worst display I've ever seen at any level. Baffling decisions which at times had people laughing - the only positive thing about his performace I could say was probably, the best team ended up winning anyway in the Moy.

Clonoe/Dromore was great game I thought with an ending to fit, some fine displays from McCarron, Sean O'Neill to name a few, think Dromore will be kicking themselves though - they let this one slip. Fair play to Clonoe they dug in well and got over the line with the type of win that can start something special.
I can't say I'm neutral, but 100% agree on the referees performance in the first game. An absolute disgrace. For lads from both side to train all year and have a clown like that in charge is pathetic. I don't think there was much between the teams, but the referee and the conditions made the result a complete lottery.
I will say I don't think  he as in anyway bias, just completely inept. Watching the second game was like watching sport with completely different rules. From chatting to our players the way he spoke to players from both side was a disgrace as well.
Just not good enough. And I hope. No other club is subjected to that this year.
Well done the Moy in shading a close encounter, it's a pity the performance of the man in the middle has left a bitter taste tonight
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Aaron Boone

Dromore folk would take a championship back-door now. Train all year only to be beat by a late sucker-punch on a wet September night.

omagh_gael

Came across Connolly a number of times playing Fermanagh and Western soccer, was an eejit then and clearly hasn't changed much now.

square_ball

Connolly is an awful referee as bad as I have come across. As said he's not biased just absolutely inept.