China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 05:09:54 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 30, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
I'm trying to run a business here and while I'm glad they've moved to 7 days, there is absolutely no communication apart from individuals on Twitter, no statement on gov website, webpages on isolation have not been updated and officials are on holiday and haven't even an out of office contact.  Bunch of amateurs.

But the welfare of your staff would be the first priority?
Exactly, so need clear information. 

Rossfan

Over 16,000 here yesterday and expected to be up to or over 20k today  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Sportacus

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 05:37:35 PM
omicron provides the kind of protection against delta the vax couldn't and it is no more than a bad cold.  The vast majority would be grand and could continue to work but government playing safe understandably.
Two in our household have had covid in the past week. One had mild sore head and a runny nose for two days, isolated for ten. Totally mental. The other a bit heavier with the headache and one day of a temp. Could go to work the very best. Mental in my view.
How do you know?

PadraicHenryPearse

I prefer to ask a family member who is an immunologist than random strangers ( quick Google has him as a convicted felon too) on twitter....

it's doesn't take vast knowledge to read what's in the MSM and understand what you said about MSM is not true... it doesn't take medical knowledge to dispel your false narratives

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 05:37:35 PM
omicron provides the kind of protection against delta the vax couldn't and it is no more than a bad cold.  The vast majority would be grand and could continue to work but government playing safe understandably.
Two in our household have had covid in the past week. One had mild sore head and a runny nose for two days, isolated for ten. Totally mental. The other a bit heavier with the headache and one day of a temp. Could go to work the very best. Mental in my view.

yeah says an expert in virology posting on the gah board

ffs  ::)

imtommygunn

He's joined a few sessions from experts don't you know.

J70

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 06:37:18 PM
Outstanding video. The best documentation yet of nearly every top official in the States in charge of the response to COVID insisting the vaccine prevents infection and transmission—not just symptoms.

https://twitter.com/michaelpsenger/status/1476249496736522246?s=21

Some dopes 😂😂

U wonder about those expert immunologist and virologists 😂😂 Has their credibility been questioned

Since when is Rachel Maddow a "top official" in the US?

Were those statements accurate at the time they were made, before the Delta and Omicron variants? If so, have those people continued to make those claims as the circumstances and evidence has changed?

Are you advocating that people DON'T take the vaccine?

Are you advocating that the vaccines are NOT effective?

Are you saying that the responsible road to take is to NOT get vaccinated as it makes no difference, whether to one's own health or the risk of transmitting it to others?

CDC data, prior to the Omicron surge, shows that unvaccinated people in the US had a ten-fold greater risk of becoming infected in the month of October, 20X chance of dying from Covid.

Were they lying?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

currychip

Quote from: Sportacus on December 30, 2021, 05:04:14 PM
I'm trying to run a business here and while I'm glad they've moved to 7 days, there is absolutely no communication apart from individuals on Twitter, no statement on gov website, webpages on isolation have not been updated and officials are on holiday and haven't even an out of office contact.  Bunch of amateurs.

It's headlines in the BBC NI website as a government statement, with a tweet by the First Minister, hardly "an individual on Twitter".  What do you need to know?

imtommygunn

Seemed a common criticism from social media. Their press release seemed delayed for whatever reason but is out now.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I think the message from Stormont has been very disjointed and slow over Christmas period, almost no figures or strategy for few days there,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 30, 2021, 09:07:00 PM
I think the message from Stormont has been very disjointed and slow over Christmas period, almost no figures or strategy for few days there,

What is it you're looking for?

No change in restrictions from their last meeting.

I'd say if they were going to change the restrictions they'll let us know, no?

Isn't there to be a meeting tomorrow?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 30, 2021, 07:55:36 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 06:37:18 PM
Outstanding video. The best documentation yet of nearly every top official in the States in charge of the response to COVID insisting the vaccine prevents infection and transmission—not just symptoms.

https://twitter.com/michaelpsenger/status/1476249496736522246?s=21

Some dopes 😂😂

U wonder about those expert immunologist and virologists 😂😂 Has their credibility been questioned

Since when is Rachel Maddow a "top official" in the US?

Were those statements accurate at the time they were made, before the Delta and Omicron variants? If so, have those people continued to make those claims as the circumstances and evidence has changed?

Are you advocating that people DON'T take the vaccine?

Are you advocating that the vaccines are NOT effective?

Are you saying that the responsible road to take is to NOT get vaccinated as it makes no difference, whether to one's own health or the risk of transmitting it to others?

CDC data, prior to the Omicron surge, shows that unvaccinated people in the US had a ten-fold greater risk of becoming infected in the month of October, 20X chance of dying from Covid.

Were they lying?

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

What I'm saying is, we were told what the vaccine were going to do. Who advised those senior officials? Experts? Who subsequently have been proven to be wrong. As more data became available it was clear we all were fed wrong information. Deliberately.... No, but nonetheless the video demonstrates clear misinformation.
Yet when other experts present ( and i am referring to credible experts) who present a different view or question some of the strategy there has been a very deliberate attempt to discredit them.

And yet we are quite happy to wholesomely accept the view of these experts who have a track  record as the video demonstrates of sometimes being inaccurate.
332 deaths recorded tonight in the UK.  I think you should retract your 'bad cold' comment before you go any further.

quit yo jibbajabba

Is this 6 days worth of death going by what im reading?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 30, 2021, 09:53:49 PM
The elderly, the obese and those with underlying health conditions have and will remain at risk. That I never disputed . As for the rest of the population omicron is a bad cold. Delta worst.. The strategy is my issue

Should just lock them up and put a lock on the fridge
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 30, 2021, 09:52:31 PM
Is this 6 days worth of death going by what im reading?

Yes covering the period 24th⁠–⁠29th December.