China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

I dont think anyone was called a Facebook loon over questioning NPHET over their opinions on antigen tests... however they have answered this multiple times too..

Captain Obvious

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 24, 2021, 09:34:57 AM
who are the posters that appear like they live in a Bunkers?

I do know some family/friends etc. who even before covid would be germaphobes so covid hasn't helped that situation and others who are older who have pre existing conditions who in my opinion are righly being overly cautious..

I dont get the selling fear thing, covid in itself is scary to many people... while I think I'd be fine if I got it (although the experience of a board member and seeing the 38 Yr old S&C in Rocommon ending up in hospital makes you think) but biggest fear is passing it to others who then get seriously ill. I would struggle with that

And long before covid arrived this was an island of hypochondriacs. The majority of news stations and tabloid newspapers run with the lead story of bad news and again that's the way its been before covid arrived.

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 24, 2021, 03:33:43 PM
I dont think anyone was called a Facebook loon over questioning NPHET over their opinions on antigen tests... however they have answered this multiple times too..

Tony made my point though. A mild questioning of nphet and thats the type of response you get. Basically you are too stupid to even be allowed ask a question.

ONeill

Old Moore predicts another unrelated pandemic this year. And Old Moore has never been wrong.

He also says the unvaccinated will form their own towns. Hopefully Caledon or Lurgan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 03:48:54 PM

Tony made my point though. A mild questioning of nphet and thats the type of response you get. Basically you are too stupid to even be allowed ask a question.
A reasonable line of questioning does no harm but when crackpot conspiracy theories are the reason for questioning decisions then you need to go in the bin. For example the Tories have been useless and made many decisions made out of greed and incompetence - everyone should question those cnuts but when some online loony questions those decisions based on them being controlled by Big Pharma/NWO/World Bank etc. the argument is lost straightaway.

My personal opinion is that vaccines are part of the way forward. They currently aren't perfect but I believe perfection is the enemy of good enough in this instance. Software, buildings etc. are never perfect first time and various iterations generally improve things.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on December 24, 2021, 03:53:16 PM
Old Moore predicts another unrelated pandemic this year. And Old Moore has never been wrong.

He also says the unvaccinated will form their own towns. Hopefully Caledon or Lurgan.
Predicted Mayo to win the 2021 All-Ireland. Tyrone cheated!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 02:23:10 PM
Politicians are getting their advise from Nephet. Nephet do not get a pass on being questioned just because they are experts. Antigen tests not forming part of our response in the last 12 months - that was nephet. The problem is if you ask a question you get labelled as a Facebook loon.

They were absolutely right to ignore them.

The quality of the research that justifies their use is quite frankly sh!t.

If your dying of covid, they are quite good (but still not 100%) at telling you that your dying from covid. If your not, taking a cross section of symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers, they aren't much better than 50:50 on telling you whether you have it or not. So really, what kind of check is that?

If you are going to visit an elderly or sick friend or relative, don't rely on a lateral flow for covid protection.
i usse an speelchekor

Itchy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2021, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 03:48:54 PM

A reasonable line of questioning does no harm but when crackpot conspiracy theories are the reason for questioning decisions then you need to go in the bin. For example the Tories have been useless and made many decisions made out of greed and incompetence - everyone should question those cnuts but when some online loony questions those decisions based on them being controlled by Big Pharma/NWO/World Bank etc. the argument is lost straightaway.

My personal opinion is that vaccines are part of the way forward. They currently aren't perfect but I believe perfection is the enemy of good enough in this instance. Software, buildings etc. are never perfect first time and various iterations generally improve things.

What was unreasonable about what I asked? I'm triple vaccinated, I believe covid is real, I work in medical device manufacturing and have spent the last 2 years keeping covid out of a factory of 1000 people. Am I allowed ask a question? Should vickey phelan be allowed ask questions about the smear scandal, she was just a mere mortal too after all. The fascist right and the conspiracy nuts have hijacked one side of the debate but there seems to me to be people on the other side too not prepared to have any questions asked either.

Itchy

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 24, 2021, 04:51:16 PM
Politicians are getting their advise from Nephet. Nephet do not get a pass on being questioned just because they are experts. Antigen tests not forming part of our response in the last 12 months - that was nephet. The problem is if you ask a question you get labelled as a Facebook loon.

If your dying of covid, they are quite good (but still not 100%) at telling you that your dying from covid. If your not, taking a cross section of symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers, they aren't much better than 50:50 on telling you whether you have it or not. So really, what kind of check is that?

If you are going to visit an elderly or sick friend or relative, don't rely on a lateral flow for covid protection.

They were never meant to be a replacement for a pcr test but they had their place in the battle and were being used widely in other countries for that purpose. Tony said No and now he says Yes.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2021, 04:53:42 PM
They were never meant to be a replacement for a pcr test but they had their place in the battle and were being used widely in other countries for that purpose. Tony said No and now he says Yes.

I'm not convinced they did.

A negative result on a lateral flow would only lead someone to behave in a manner they wouldn't if they had no test result.
i usse an speelchekor

PadraicHenryPearse

and a quick Google will give the rationales for him doing so.... I have no idea but the antigen test usage I imagine was guided by behavioural science also given the NPHET opinions on them.

armaghniac

I don't agree with NPHET about the Antigen tests Nevertheless there is a class of c**t that would not stick the yoke in their nose at all and would then claim that their clear test allowed them do what the liked.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 24, 2021, 05:09:07 PM

and a quick Google will give the rationales for him doing so.... I have no idea but the antigen test usage I imagine was guided by behavioural science also given the NPHET opinions on them.

So what changed and did Tony have different info than all the other countries of Europe. He seldom gets a genuinely tough interview from our media so we'll probably only know in a few years.

imtommygunn

The word on the street is Jim Corr has been eating in restaurants that require the vaccine passport. If he got the vaccine that is hilarious  ;

Last Man

What about "Don't look up" on Netflix lads. Anybody watched it yet??