Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2021, 02:48:45 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 01:58:34 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2021, 12:14:26 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 11:02:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 08:10:52 AM
Sf basically some people will say anything against it no matter what. Is it disappointing we are still when we are? Yes. However it is still a huge improvement.

Lines come out like "it'll never be over". Ridiculous.

Well, since 90+% have been vaccinated,  rates still sky high, and they're drip feeding you info that there'll be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 50th jab... it doesn't sound like this will go away to me. And it won't be. It could, but it won't.

Absolute nonsense.

Well as stated earlier, Israel are preparing for a 4th dose. Doesn't sound like it's going away does it? Maybe you just don't want to tell yourself that.

You didn't answer earlier, how could it be over? What could have been done to ensure it could be over?

There's ever chance it's not going away. But there's no point whinging about that. You have to play the hand your dealt and try and do what we can.

Do you not think there's a cure out there? Or at the very least, something better than these vaccines,  a drug that will eradicate covid so that it virtually prevents hospitalisation and death?  People  would live their life, go back to what they did before, safe in the knowledge that a drug would be on hand to sort it out. What do we have now? A vaccine dwindling in efficacy, people in fear (even those vaccinated!)cases sky high, imminent lockdowns, vaccine passports, continuous jabbing, big pharma cashing in etc. I mean, pharmaceuticals are making billions. Why would they find a cure? They have a market of 8 billion people to be jabbed 2 or maybe 3 times annually. You have to question all that . This is bigger than just a pandemic.  I'll leave it at that,  make up your own mind
Really. You think J&J will hid a drug that could end the pandemic and run the risk of letting a competitor get there first with the worldwide sales that could be involved? Not a chance. This is the reason I struggle to take your points seriously. You really are at the far end of the scale with your conspiracy ideas. There's no arguing with that, as it's not based on any evidence. You've just had a thought and decided in your head that it sounds feasible and just decided to accept it. Based on nothing. Surely you understand why people would look at that and wonder wtf.

You don't have to read my posts or take anything seriously. You might call it conspiracy, I call it realism. As for accepting things, maybe you should try not hanging on every word spouted by politicians, mainstream media  and pharmaceuticals and question things. Lord knows there's plenty to question

it is conspiracy.. it not realism... what expertise do you have to question regulators, scientists etc. there are peer reviews different regulators across different regions etc.   Do you have opposing views backed up with scientific evidence or is it just you don't trust anything. i don't have the expertise but have family in the medical profession I would question/query stuff with at least better informed than I.  if anything MSM sanitised how bad it was in hospitals during the worst periods of Covid by the way.

Media and politicians can be bias, absolutly no doubt about that. MSM are in my opinion less bias than those sites etc. that tell you not to trust MSM. That doesn't  mean when they report on science etc. because they are MSM it is wrong.

to.be honest reading some of your posts over the last year or so I have wondered do your friends and family worry about you as it cannot be healthy to have such a mindset with your level of scepatism. I honestly do not mean that in any negative way and take mental health very seriously..

There's one example of MSM reporting bullshit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7c_FHiEac

But hey, it's probably a conspiracy  ::)

Fair play to that lad, he's making a fortune from his YouTube channel exploiting morons educating critical thinkers such as yourself.

Rudi

Eire90

a rise in cases inline with gaa club championships lots of gallivanting within counties

PadraicHenryPearse

that critical thinking video would be pulled apart by that lad I spend 27 mins watching last night.. firstly he starts with a fault premise that "everyone knows..." and then he only cites one example... he does not state if 6 mths or 1 year has passed since those extra deaths have occurred or what medical conditions they had but he loves the dictionary definitions so they might have had being pedantic on irrelevant details in common.

if there are peer reviews and qualified medical people getting different results etc. or regulatory concerns that is where the debate should be had not on social media/MSM etc.

as for poor auld Martin Luther Feeely the article is over 12 months old now... not sure what relevance it has now.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/jennifer-o-connell-we-ve-had-enough-of-being-micro-managed-by-nphet-1.4726962

The unvaccinated or partially vaccinated 11 per cent of the population account for more than one in three of those in hospital (some are unknown) and more than half of those in ICU

It's not much data but the trends are obvious

33/11 = 3
66/89 = 0.74

3/0.74= 4.04

So unvaccinated approx 4 times more likely to end up in hospital

ICU :

50/11 = 4.55
50/89 = 0.56

4.55/0.56 = 8.125 so over 8 times more likely to end up in ICU

Plus more likely to be seriously ill.
If that difference is 4 times you get 32 times more likely to die

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-death-risk-32-times-higher-for-the-unvaccinated-figures-suggest-12457074

themac_23

For the sanity of the country they should stop publishing positive cases. People get so caught up in the positive cases and automatically assume its a problem. I would say if we tested every person who had flu symptoms at this time of year to the extent we do for Covid then people would say we have a flu pandemic. we vaccinate for flu we now vaccinate for Covid, the case numbers really shouldn't be relevant if we are doing the vaccine roll out properly, if people get their boosters then really there's not a massive issue. if you're double jabbed within 6 months then the likelihood is covid will not have a big effect on you, there will always be exceptions to the rule unfortunately. it really is as simple as get jabbed and stop reading about case numbers, your life will be much much better.

Eire90

im sure rolling out vaxx passports too barber shops will be a great success and stop covid in its track  since it was a great success for pubs.

bennydorano

Quote from: themac_23 on November 13, 2021, 10:08:01 AM
For the sanity of the country they should stop publishing positive cases. People get so caught up in the positive cases and automatically assume its a problem. I would say if we tested every person who had flu symptoms at this time of year to the extent we do for Covid then people would say we have a flu pandemic. we vaccinate for flu we now vaccinate for Covid, the case numbers really shouldn't be relevant if we are doing the vaccine roll out properly, if people get their boosters then really there's not a massive issue. if you're double jabbed within 6 months then the likelihood is covid will not have a big effect on you, there will always be exceptions to the rule unfortunately. it really is as simple as get jabbed and stop reading about case numbers, your life will be much much better.
I reckon not reporting deaths is a huge mistake in the ROI though, (74 in past week according to covid tracker app), if that's not the best advert for  getting vaxxed & just having a bit of cop on I dunno what could be.

Milltown Row2

Getting the booster next week, surgery are running a walkin type session like they did for the flu jab a few weeks previously. I really don't see the issue in not getting it, if not to protect yourself from getting it bad should you catch it but reducing the strain of the virus if passing it on to someone else.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Ireland could record more than 12,000 Covid-19 cases a day by Christmas, according to a forecast by US academics.

Cases would peak at 12,300 a day in late December before falling again, while a further 2,000 deaths would occur by the start of March, according to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), which is based at the University of Washington.

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2021, 10:23:25 AM

Getting the booster next week, surgery are running a walkin type session like they did for the flu jab a few weeks previously. I really don't see the issue in not getting it, if not to protect yourself from getting it bad should you catch it but reducing the strain of the virus if passing it on to someone else.

thats it like, my opinion is get the jab and try get on with life I really dont see the issue with that at all, soon as im able to get the booster il get it. again not just for myself but for my parents and other elderly people I come into contact with, people need to accept Covid is here and we just need to do our best to live with it.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 09:12:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:27:08 PM
"Its not a vaccine"??? :o  ;D

Tell us more Gmac.
the definition changed recently I wonder why , semantics I'm sure

Well, you appear to know, so why don't you explain it all to us?
from immunity to (protection)

Took a minute to figure out you were on about, and, surprise, looks like more right wing bullshit, this time emanating from Thomas Massie of Kansas. I would call him the village idiot of The House, but there's too much competition to just single him out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/09/vaccine-skeptics-claim-new-cdc-gotcha-moment-they-havent-got-much/

Anyway, I don't ever remember immunity meaning anything other than protection against a disease. Which is what a vaccine offers. And there is simply no one who has been paying attention, for example, to flu vaccines over the past 20 years who didn't know that getting one absolutely doesn't mean you will be 100% certain not to get the flu. Similarly, I had to get a tetanus booster back in the summer when I cut myself on a rusty screw while working on my deck. Probably would have been ok, but it had been a while since my last one so I couldn't be sure I'd be protected i.e. immune.
again with the right wing bs the cdc changed their definition.
Tetanus shot one every 10/15
You will be leaking soon the amount of injections your getting.

So what if they changed the words of the definition? Maybe they felt it needed to be updated on account of all the bullshit from the anti-vaxxers.

The real world meaning, the real application, hasn't changed a bit.

Immune still means protected. The covid vaccine is still a vaccine.

What trivial piece of nonsense will you seize upon next?

Its hard to keep up with you on your normal political fails, but if I remember correctly you were previously bullshitting about the CDC supposedly claiming PCR tests couldn't distinguish between covid and flu, as well as claiming that the inventor of the PCR test saying that they couldn't detect covid or any other virus.
an Irish rugby player tested positive for covid  this morning this afternoon he's negative , twice
What the guy who developed them said was you could make a pcr test pick up the most minuscule amount of the virus and make the test positive , be like having a beer yesterday and having a tiny amount of alcohol in your system today but you are not positive for drunk driving because it's a tiny amount and there's a threshold to be over,  in pcr tests there isn't.

So now you've changed the story from "he said it couldn't pick up ANY virus, including Covid" (he was dead before covid as it happens) to "it can pick up such minuscule amounts of virus that it's worthless"? Eventually some of that shit might stick to the wall for you.

BTW there are thresholds with PCR tests, based on the number of cycles they go through to amplify the genetic material. It's a matter of where you want to set them, depending on what the lab is trying to determine.

Farrandeelin

Very good post. It's going to be with us for a long, long time. I'm neither a covid denier nor anti-vax, but people have to get on with their lives at some point without restrictions coming and going.

Yes, isolate if you get the damn thing, but let others get on with life is my viewpoint at this time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JoG2

Are the anti vax, Covid denying lunatic fringe protesting outside secondary schools in other parts of the country or is it just Derry City ?