lenny

Quote from: Last Man on November 03, 2021, 12:40:33 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 03, 2021, 10:34:36 AM
Quote from: Last Man on November 03, 2021, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 03, 2021, 12:19:08 AM
Quote from: Last Man on November 02, 2021, 05:24:34 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on November 02, 2021, 02:55:52 PM
Quote from: Last Man on November 02, 2021, 02:47:40 PM
Strikes me that too many people in this discussion believe there is a pill for every ill. If you are that focused on your good health and that of your loved ones as you undoubtedly are, isn't there an argument to broaden your horizon. For the simple reason there's plenty of other things that will put us in the ground prematurely beyond Covid. There's a worrying level of neuroticism creeping in here.
Chill out to this for half an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-QO33hfadY

You do understand what a pandemic is?

Think so yes, something along these lines as far as I can tell.
"Pandemic, outbreak of infectious disease that occurs over a wide geographical area and that is of high prevalence, generally affecting a significant proportion of the world's population over the course of several months"
Not terror inducing however for those who are metabolically healthy, hence the video presentation I shared. You should watch it.
Just trying to help.

What does the YouTube recommend for the infections diseases?

It recommends that you stop eating takeaways and porter, adopt a healthy lifestyle and diet. Take personal responsibility for your health, shouldn't be anyones problem but yours.
Go forward with your best possible inate immune system plus judicious medical intervention and go swing the world by the tail.

Wonderful but again how does all that help with controlling the spread and impact of an infectious disease?
That's the thing, there's a false impression that this thing can be controlled in some way. The measures to date haven't done much. There's vaccines that help prevent hospitalisation no doubt but if your are not in good physical shape even it may not save you. So what can you do? Plan A: get yourself in the best possible shape so you can put up a good immune response if/when you catch it and take a vaccine if you want. Plan B: sit in the house, eat and drink rubbish, watch box sets. There's no magic bullet here.

The way to get your immune system in the best shape to take on coronavirus is to give it a harmless copy of the spike protein in the form of a vaccine. That way your body can recognise the real virus when it enters your system and has the tools to fight it immediately. Anyone who thinks that taking supplements or getting fit will help if Covid takes hold is not following the science.

Baile Brigín 2

In one of those ironicals Ewan McKenna caught Covid.

armaghniac

Quote from: lenny on November 03, 2021, 02:08:51 PM
The way to get your immune system in the best shape to take on coronavirus is to give it a harmless copy of the spike protein in the form of a vaccine. That way your body can recognise the real virus when it enters your system and has the tools to fight it immediately. Anyone who thinks that taking supplements or getting fit will help if Covid takes hold is not following the science.

The GAA analogy being that you need to train with the ball and not just rely on physical fitness to ensure that you win the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2021, 12:18:34 AM
Quote from: lenny on November 03, 2021, 02:08:51 PM

The GAA analogy being that you need to train with the ball and not just rely on physical fitness to ensure that you win the game.

But it's a false analogy. That's the point.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 04, 2021, 12:10:22 AM

I don't generally pay attention to EM.  Is he another anti-vaccer/it's all a conspiracy on this ?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 04, 2021, 01:25:09 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 04, 2021, 12:10:22 AM

I don't generally pay attention to EM.  Is he another anti-vaccer/it's all a conspiracy on this ?

Yep. Gone full nut and now palling around with the far right

Jell 0 Biafra

Jaysis, the Dubs have a lot to answer for.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 04, 2021, 01:41:14 AM
Jaysis, the Dubs have a lot to answer for.

Long story short, the Indo let him go, he was stuck in his one bed in Portugal during lockdown and lurched very far into a dark place, went full anti everything and made some very nasty chums

johnnycool

Strikes me that too many people in this discussion believe there is a pill for every ill. If you are that focused on your good health and that of your loved ones as you undoubtedly are, isn't there an argument to broaden your horizon. For the simple reason there's plenty of other things that will put us in the ground prematurely beyond Covid. There's a worrying level of neuroticism creeping in here.

"Pandemic, outbreak of infectious disease that occurs over a wide geographical area and that is of high prevalence, generally affecting a significant proportion of the world's population over the course of several months"
Not terror inducing however for those who are metabolically healthy, hence the video presentation I shared. You should watch it.
Just trying to help.

It recommends that you stop eating takeaways and porter, adopt a healthy lifestyle and diet. Take personal responsibility for your health, shouldn't be anyones problem but yours.
Go forward with your best possible inate immune system plus judicious medical intervention and go swing the world by the tail.

Wonderful but again how does all that help with controlling the spread and impact of an infectious disease?
That's the thing, there's a false impression that this thing can be controlled in some way. The measures to date haven't done much. There's vaccines that help prevent hospitalisation no doubt but if your are not in good physical shape even it may not save you. So what can you do? Plan A: get yourself in the best possible shape so you can put up a good immune response if/when you catch it and take a vaccine if you want. Plan B: sit in the house, eat and drink rubbish, watch box sets. There's no magic bullet here.

I've known several people now in good physical shape hit hard by Covid and most have been double jabbed. One girl was up to 20miles in her prep for the London Marathon and she now struggles to run a mile without breathing issues.

Does it help to be fit, probably but broad, sweeping statements like that are incorrect.

Eire90

waterford highest vaccinated county but almost has double the cases  could it be a case that the vaccinated let their guard down

NotedObserver

Quote from: johnnycool on November 04, 2021, 09:00:21 AM

Just trying to help.

I've known several people now in good physical shape hit hard by Covid and most have been double jabbed. One girl was up to 20miles in her prep for the London Marathon and she now struggles to run a mile without breathing issues.

Does it help to be fit, probably but broad, sweeping statements like that are incorrect.

In cases like this I find it difficult to believe that the vacinne provided any protection or benefit

thebigfella

Quote from: NotedObserver on November 05, 2021, 07:04:02 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 04, 2021, 09:00:21 AM

In cases like this I find it difficult to believe that the vacinne provided any protection or benefit

Sweet Jesus  ;D ::)

Capt Pat

Good news on the covid front. Pfizer now have a pill that will reduce hospitalisation and death by 90%. That is a pill for when you have caught covid not a vaccine.

Gmac

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2021, 08:04:00 PM
Good news on the covid front. Pfizer now have a pill that will reduce hospitalisation and death by 90%. That is a pill for when you have caught covid not a vaccine.
when is this pill available? and is the pandemic over in places where pill is available.

BennyCake

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 05, 2021, 08:04:00 PM

I've heard of at least three drugs that apparently do similar . But it's obviously the druglord with the fattest brown envelope that gets the approval.