China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2021, 07:09:23 PM
So what's the solution?

Given that at secondary school level, different groups of students are mixing as they move through the different subjects during the day?

One solution is seating. If you have people from 3 classes coming together for German, then make sure one-third of the classroom seats each lot rather than having them all around the place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2021, 08:31:18 PM
So what's the solution?

Given that at secondary school level, different groups of students are mixing as they move through the different subjects during the day?

One solution is seating. If you have people from 3 classes coming together for German, then make sure one-third of the classroom seats each lot rather than having them all around the place.

That could help limit close contacts all right, but is it practical if you have a large school with classes drawing from dozens or even hundreds of students in a given year?

And if you have a group of students in a class for 45 minutes and someone is shedding virus, in reality they're probably all going to be exposed to some extent, especially if there's no masking.

TMAC

So what's the solution?

Let them at it, positive stay home rest keep attending.

TMAC

Quote from: delgany on September 06, 2021, 07:04:43 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 06, 2021, 06:18:51 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 06, 2021, 03:17:18 PM
It seems that schools are going to operate under a "to the nth degree" policy this time around. Entire year groups already sent home in newry.

Which is great for the schools, but is an absolute mess for everyone else.

I've got a feeling there's an underlying driver behind this. I'm expecting schools/teachers to respond to the soon to be mounting pressure of parents and politicians to be less vigilant, with a full scale strike. Which of course payrise would fix.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 together and getting red. But they're definitely playing it differently this time around.

Bless them they sure do deserve a payrise.

Sure thats the thing. School Principals are responsible for pupils come to school with Covid ! Schools are responsible for close contacts in a class of 25 . Schools are responsible for the lack of PCR testing slots. I dont know how they can cope with all that level of responsibility !

They certainly didn't cope with online learning bless.

bennydorano

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2021, 08:57:15 PM
So what's the solution?

That could help limit close contacts all right, but is it practical if you have a large school with classes drawing from dozens or even hundreds of students in a given year?

And if you have a group of students in a class for 45 minutes and someone is shedding virus, in reality they're probably all going to be exposed to some extent, especially if there's no masking.

They're all still wearing masks in the North in secondaries, in class, walking the halls, wherever. The over reaction of the Larne principal is farcical.

The procrastination with vaccinating the youth in NI/UK is going to cause some shocking disruption this year.

delgany

So what's the solution?

Most secondary schools have seating plans already for each class, so the teachers know who they are teaching !

TMAC

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2021, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2021, 08:57:15 PM
So what's the solution?

They're all still wearing masks in the North in secondaries, in class, walking the halls, wherever. The over reaction of the Larne principal is farcical.

The procrastination with vaccinating the youth in NI/UK is going to cause some shocking disruption this year.

Agree and you can still get it when vaccinated so whom are they protecting.

Saffrongael

Some teachers agitating for a "circuit breaker" already !! What would that achieve? The whole idea of lockdowns is to keep pressure off the NHS, these age groups don't get ill from it in the main. Schools ignoring PHA advice and sending children to isolate when there is no need to. Some of them on a massive power trip
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

TMAC

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 06, 2021, 09:43:11 PM
Some teachers agitating for a "circuit breaker" already !! What would that achieve? The whole idea of lockdowns is to keep pressure off the NHS, these age groups don't get ill from it in the main. Schools ignoring PHA advice and sending children to isolate when there is no need to. Some of them on a massive power trip

Ffs they are back 4 days they need a break, you have no idea the pressure they are under.

armaghniac

I think I would like the school for my children to have concern for the health of students beyond the legal minimum.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TMAC

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2021, 10:16:55 PM

I think I would like the school for my children to have concern for the health of students beyond the legal minimum.

That include their mental wellbeing now and beyond?

TMAC

My daughter has been sent home today as she is a close contact, told to isolate for 10 days as Northern Ireland schools are taking the piss, she is in year 12, so her and her classmates will be in and out of school all year and expected to sit exams in summer in which the last two years have all been given A's.  This shithole we live in is not fit for purpose the Northern Ireland Executive is a f**king joke but not as big a joke as the teachers and the unions.

TMAC

She can come back with a negative PCR - not one appointment can I get - in fact you have to lie on the online booking as she doesn't fall into their categories - over 80 girls sent home - shit show doesn't come close.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The executive is not fit for purpose.
Causing us all big issues

TMAC

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 08, 2021, 11:56:30 AM
The executive is not fit for purpose.
Causing us all big issues

But everyone will still vote the same useless hoors in next time.