China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

You have to respect people's reasons for not getting it. It might be personal.

For me, it's doing your bit for humanity on the back of scientific expertise. If it doesn't work, well at least you did your bit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 06, 2021, 11:08:18 PM
What do people think of the term "anti vaxer". Personally don't like it, it always seems to be used in a very negative almost abusive manner

There are loads out there who aren't anti vaccination but just choose that it's not for them.

14 in my office. Only 6 got vaccinated. Some of the office exchanges getting a bit tense

This is the problem, you don't take the vaccine just for yourself Fear, you take it for everyone. The world would be a very different place without the vast majority of people taking vaccines.

Wildweasel74

What's the Situation down south, are B&B operating?

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2021, 11:17:18 PM

Fair enough, but they also have to respect you by not coming into work.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on July 06, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
There are loads out there who aren't anti vaccination but just choose that it's not for them.

Just like there are loads out there are not anti thread on your tyres but it is not for them? The point is that the rest of us are on the road too.

Once vaccines are available to everyone they need to create a health and safety requirement on employers to ensure that their staff are not unnecessarily exposed to Covid. This wouldn't absolutely prohibit them employing anti vaxxers but it would require them to put them in a different room with separate ventilation and not mix in canteens etc.

Sounds bit mad

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on July 06, 2021, 11:50:47 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 06, 2021, 11:17:18 PM

Fair enough, but they also have to respect you by not coming into work.

Even if you are double jabbed

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on July 06, 2021, 11:19:56 PM
What do people think of the term "anti vaxer". Personally don't like it, it always seems to be used in a very negative almost abusive manner

14 in my office. Only 6 got vaccinated. Some of the office exchanges getting a bit tense

This is the problem, you don't take the vaccine just for yourself Fear, you take it for everyone. The world would be a very different place without the vast majority of people taking vaccines.

Yes I get that and i got it. The prevailing.argument amongst those that didn't get it is that " all my vulnerable relatives did"

Milltown Row2

So all my vulnerable adults did so I don't have to? So I'm all right jack?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2021, 12:07:54 AM
So all my vulnerable adults did so I don't have to? So I'm all right jack?

That's the argument. I think it's more " they are alright Jack" they being the vulnerable

imtommygunn

Out of interest do many of you know many people who wouldn't take it?

I know a boy who worked with me, left last week, would be very against it. He is a boy who struggles a lot with mental health and who reads a lot of stuff on the internet which isn't very helpful conspiracy theory wise etc. He won't get one. Any time I see him in public I tell him to wear a bell and then he tells me that I'll be a zombie in 6 months so keep good food in the fridge so he can come down and get it. In all seriousness though it's a society thing now that misinformation etc leads people to be like this and I don't begrudge him for it - I honestly feel a bit for him.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 08:40:21 AM

I know a boy who worked with me, left last week, would be very against it. He is a boy who struggles a lot with mental health and who reads a lot of stuff on the internet which isn't very helpful conspiracy theory wise etc. He won't get one. Any time I see him in public I tell him to wear a bell and then he tells me that I'll be a zombie in 6 months so keep good food in the fridge so he can come down and get it. In all seriousness though it's a society thing now that misinformation etc leads people to be like this and I don't begrudge him for it - I honestly feel a bit for him.

Loads in office here

All normal guys and dolls.

One lad very private, mad into fitness, thinks his immune system will do the work(mid 30s)
Other guy, normal lad, gives no reason and just cuts conversation dead when mentioned(40s)
Young lad, uni intern, seems very tuned in and well educated, says doesnt trust it and he is too young to be comcerned(21)
2 girls, keep mentioning having babies(20s)
1 lad, says ah keep meaning to bookit(40s)
1 guy says its poison

imtommygunn

I don't know too many - that guy would be the main one. While most here would take it others are jumped on who say they wouldn't. It's really brought out a split in people. I don't think everyone who doesn't want the vaccine suffers from mental health issues btw but I do think in some people's cases there's too much conspiracy stuff on the internet that they believe.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 09:06:39 AM
I don't know too many - that guy would be the main one. While most here would take it others are jumped on who say they wouldn't. It's really brought out a split in people. I don't think everyone who doesn't want the vaccine suffers from mental health issues btw but I do think in some people's cases there's too much conspiracy stuff on the internet that they believe.

Really I havent heard anyone mention conspiracy theory at all, just normal people, nice people too btw

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 08:56:50 AM

Loads in office here

One lad very private, mad into fitness, thinks his immune system will do the work(mid 30s)
Other guy, normal lad, gives no reason and just cuts conversation dead when mentioned(40s)
Young lad, uni intern, seems very tuned in and well educated, says doesnt trust it and he is too young to be comcerned(21)
1 guy says its poison

No surprise then that Derry & Donegal have the highest infection rates on the Island. You can't teach stupid.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trailer on July 07, 2021, 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 08:56:50 AM

Loads in office here

1 guy says its poison

No surprise then that Derry & Donegal have the highest infection rates on the Island. You can't teach stupid.

Yeaj and if the chronology of this wave mirrors the last, its coming your way, the young ones love to party, btw none of these people would be in any way stupid, quite the opposite with a few actually