China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Indoors will only be opening with some system of vaccine certs/Corona pass/"other workable solution"
A working group of Trade and Government is being set up to come up with a way out.
Scotland now has higher numbers of infections than at any time during the pandemic with 250 in Hospital.
47 in Hospital here.
Numbers up by 4 times in the North the last few weeks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2021, 06:36:33 PM
Indoors will only be opening with some system of vaccine certs/Corona pass/"other workable solution"
A working group of Trade and Government is being set up to come up with a way out.
Scotland now has higher numbers of infections than at any time during the pandemic with 250 in Hospital.
47 in Hospital here.
Numbers up by 4 times in the North the last few weeks.

How many are hospitalised due to Covid in the north and any in ICU ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

20 in hospital 2 in ICU and nearly all under age of 19
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

In the 26 counties, 44 in hospital and 14 in ICU. It was 41 and 13 last Wednesday, things remains in a very stable situation in hospital.

Sam McConkey who is normally one of the most pessimistic people during this virus reckons the hospitalisation rate with the Delta variant won't be anything like the first and third waves or anything that should compromise the basics of our health service. Of course he's giving the view knowing  near 70% adults had a Dose 1 of vaccines & near 50% fully vaccinated.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 30, 2021, 06:25:15 PM
Did that person and others pick up the virus outdoors watching a match?  If indoor dining in the south is to remain closed throughout the summer I highly doubt the NPHET lads will have the confidence to open things up in the autumn and winter which is the normal viral infection season

If everyone is vaccinated then this disease will not spread much. Although in the autumn, it might still spread through schools.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2021, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2021, 04:59:59 PM
The point I was making was if everything was allowed to go back to normal and there was a capacity crowd at the Athletic grounds on Sunday (or any game for that matter) you would have thousands of fans in the stadium (which in itself, I agree isn't a problem as it is outside) but it is what happens afterwards, the pubs would likely be packed out as would public transport. The next thing that would happen is everyone will make their way home so you will have hundreds if not thousands of fans mingling on public transport.   

Public transport will not be huge issue in the Athletic Grounds, it may be in Croke Park
If they bring in a Covid passport for restaurants then hopefully the same will apply to stadia.

But why? Fully vaccinated people can still pass it on or get the virus from matches/restaurants , and then bring it home, to work, etc. The same as unvaccinated people.

If you get the vaccine, and feel you are protected, then why worry about going to matches where there are unvaccinated people?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 02:44:15 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 10:57:05 PM
How come covid and delta is spreading so much with everyone wearing masks ?

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.
that's some magic virus.

Stupid people deem something as magic by their ignorance.

Your trying to be smart and sarcastic - and have made clear you are neither. My post already outlined the how. That was tested and verified in Australia before I made the post.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 04:11:03 PM
Australia has out smarted themselves a bit if your policy is zero covid  and the country is shut down to the outside world pretty much why would a population take a new vaccine that's for a virus that the government is promising will never come to their country .

When did the govt promise that?

They haven't rolled out the vaccine as deliveries to australia have been poor. The one vaccine they had in reasonable numbers was AZ - which the media hyperboled the problems of to the point many of the public won't take it.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: joemamas on June 30, 2021, 04:48:27 PM
How a govt can continue to shut down entire industries, how a govt will not allow fully vaccinated folks into outdoor stadiums, just beggars belief.

You know what beggars belief?

We're now 16 or so months on from when it first hit these shores....

and people are still so fukking ignorant of what exponential growth means.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on June 30, 2021, 08:41:32 PM
But why? Fully vaccinated people can still pass it on or get the virus from matches/restaurants , and then bring it home, to work, etc. The same as unvaccinated people.

Yes, they can get it and can pass it on.

But the odds on them either/both becoming ill and passing it on are reduced as their immune system won't allow the virus to replicate to the levels needed to make them ill and/or spread to others.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 09:11:40 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 02:44:15 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 10:57:05 PM
How come covid and delta is spreading so much with everyone wearing masks ?

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.
that's some magic virus.

Stupid people deem something as magic by their ignorance.

Your trying to be smart and sarcastic - and have made clear you are neither. My post already outlined the how. That was tested and verified in Australia before I made the post.
the air only goes one way into the room correct
Where does the ac unit get its air From inside or outside?
The virus came from a lab do you agree with me on that 16 months later smart guy

Milltown Row2

So it was engineered to generate world lockdown bringing down economies so that those who manufactured masks vaccines and hand cream ruled the world?

It's so clear now

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2021, 10:15:39 PM
So it was engineered to generate world lockdown bringing down economies so that those who manufactured masks vaccines and hand cream ruled the world?

It's so clear now
ah no it was an accident

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 10:00:34 PM
the air only goes one way into the room correct
Where does the ac unit get its air From inside or outside?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-13/hotel-quarantine-ventilation-air-purifiers-reduce-covid-threat/13146068

Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 10:00:34 PM
The virus came from a lab do you agree with me on that 16 months later smart guy

I don't believe it is an engineered virus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Although I'll freely admit - if the Chinese think trying to hide their incompetence in identifying the danger is more important than showing the world they didn't actually make the thing then they need their f**king heads examined.

Is it a natural virus that escaped a lab due to incompetence? Possibly. Which may feed into why they seem to be covering up.
i usse an speelchekor

bennydorano

"It was so depressing at home. It's like a new life in Belfast" : Drogheda woman.

The Irish Sun reporting that "many NI hotels are 90% occupied by fed up customers from the Republic."

#TomorrowsPapersToday https://t.co/vfx2Tk2Evy