China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

600k vaccinated in the North by tomorrow.

Surely we have to have something opened up in April.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 09, 2021, 03:59:04 PM
600k vaccinated in the North by tomorrow.

Surely we have to have something opened up in April.

600k with the first jab?  I hope we can jump from stage 2 to 3 very quickly.

Hopefully we can double that number in the next couple of months, I'll be getting my second jab on the 1st April so I'd say the most at risk will have had their second jab by then.

I think they mentioned all adults by the summer to have had at least one jab?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

It's becoming a casedamic! 240 cases in the north today a rise but only 5 people needed hospital treatment that includes someone that went in for something else and caught it
1.5 million tests done in the UK today with 5700 positives. 1.5 million!!!
When is the time right to move completely away from cases
As was mentioned 600000 first vaccinations by tomorrow and it's about to ramp up tenfold from Friday

GetOverTheBar

First vaccine, not sure how the 2nd one is going but they seem happy enough to get the first one in then "boost" after. Not sure that's entirely the way it was meant to go but if it works it works.

This mass vaccination centre seems to be what will get the rest of the job done at the Odyssey in next few months.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 09, 2021, 04:45:35 PM
First vaccine, not sure how the 2nd one is going but they seem happy enough to get the first one in then "boost" after. Not sure that's entirely the way it was meant to go but if it works it works.

This mass vaccination centre seems to be what will get the rest of the job done at the Odyssey in next few months.

Its strange, as they give out the dates there and then for the ones getting the vaccine at the hospitals, but not for those in the GP's (for second dose)

The Odyssey will certainly ramp it up, but we need everyone, well a good percentage to take the vaccine otherwise its pointless.

The second jab was meant to be after 3 weeks, but in the rush to get everyone vaccinated at least with one jab, that part was brushed under the carpet.

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 09, 2021, 04:45:12 PM
It's becoming a casedamic! 240 cases in the north today a rise but only 5 people needed hospital treatment that includes someone that went in for something else and caught it
As was mentioned 600000 first vaccinations by tomorrow and it's about to ramp up tenfold from Friday

I'm unclear in what you mean here, is that 1.5 million people with the first jab and there is still 5700 positive tests or 5700 people have tested positive after getting the vaccine?  You know there are 65 million people living in Britain, covid is still being passed on to people who haven't been vaccinated and who are not social distancing or following the health and safety line
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Redhand Santa

They said from the start that there would be a 2 week lag or so between someone testing positive and needing hospital treatment. I remember people talking about a casedemic last September when cases were rising but admissions weren't. Within a few weeks the hospital numbers had jumped. Hopefully the vaccine has an impact this time. But no point comparing numbers today to admissions.

Smurfy123

Red hand the big difference between now and then is 600000 vaccinated
90% of the top 9 priority groups
Genuine question for all.
Has anyone let there guard down lately?
Meeting up with 2 or more friends?
I know I have

JoG2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 09, 2021, 05:59:23 PM
I know I have

Geniunely no. What are you talking, indoor lads drinking session? I can't wait to have a few beers with some men. Get the next few weeks by us and see how the numbers are fixed. #sheeple

imtommygunn

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 09, 2021, 05:13:11 PM

They said from the start that there would be a 2 week lag or so between someone testing positive and needing hospital treatment. I remember people talking about a casedemic last September when cases were rising but admissions weren't. Within a few weeks the hospital numbers had jumped. Hopefully the vaccine has an impact this time. But no point comparing numbers today to admissions.

Yeah cases are really just a barometer for what is coming down the line.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 09, 2021, 05:59:23 PM
I know I have

So you're meeting up with 2 or more friends and wondering why we have high cases of people getting Covid? Can we put this in the Darwin thread?

armaghniac

The vaccines have changed the ratio between cases and severe illness. The main danger is that people will lose the run of themselves and prematurely start acting like Glasgow Rangers supporters.

Good to see feck all Covid now in South Armagh, that's a big change in 6 weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

No I haven't had friends around for drinks in my house
I have met up with 2 or more friends from a different household to walk mountains
And looking around it seems a lot have
Cases have gone up and that's a clear sign people are no longer sticking to the rules
People will go round to friends and drink at weekends now for a catch up
Now if the government were smart about this they maybe should open up cafes with strict rules around them
Imagine the difference if for example you could sit and meet a friend outside a household
You would take that instead of inviting around to ones house
As someone said here before opening outdoor sports
Instead of every Tom Dick and Harry going to the beauty spots every Saturday and Sunday if outdoor sports was allowed I would imagine a lot of us mountain climbers wouldn't be near them if we had other outlets

So with cases now on the rise what does Milly and the lads think now?
Keep locking us up??

In hiding

Where can you find the age breakdown of the 230 people who tested positive yesterday.
Were there many over 70s ?
Is the vaccine working ?

Milltown Row2

Smackhead, you are the reason numbers are rising, meeting up with friends is not allowed for a reason, essential travel, you were waffling on about being caged up and actually, you are walking mountains! Do you honestly read your own posts?

And you finish up by saying, should we still be locked up! Amazing.

They will open up cafes, they said they will, but when we have clowns meeting up and spreading the virus then these selfish cnuts are ruining it for everyone else, they said they are going with data, if numbers are rising then that's negative data.

imtommygunn

Quote from: In hiding on March 10, 2021, 07:44:58 AM
Where can you find the age breakdown of the 230 people who tested positive yesterday.
Were there many over 70s ?
Is the vaccine working ?

for the north there is the dashboard they have publicly available...

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

I dunno which page this comes through too as it's one of those power BI apps so difficult to link.  In the last 7 days 26 of the positives have been in over 80s, 157 in the 60-79 category. These are the two lowest with 0-19 the next lowest. (That is from the covid 19 testing in the last 7 days page - you can get a lot of detail on these pages which is why it amazes me that numbers seem to get continually made up here when there are objective numbers here lol)