trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 04, 2021, 12:25:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 12:10:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2021, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 04, 2021, 11:59:28 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 04, 2021, 11:50:43 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56277669

Swanny growing on me

Will it be a case of wait and see what happens % wise (vaccine uptake) when we start getting down into the Twitter / Facebook age profiles? Vaccine passports for travel will definitely happen imo, so overall % adults wise should be high

Much as I suspected. It'll be difficult to enforce on the service industry but he hinted strongly at Vaccine travel passports.

Got mine yesterday due to Asthma (Was really surprised to get the call as it's only mild). Was delighted as I honestly think it will be required for travel this year.

Do you think you'll be going anywhere the year though? I wouldn't have thought it was on the table really? Unless you've a right few quid about you 👀

We've one booked from last year, Lose £100 if cancelled so wasn't much of a risk as we knew the prices would go through the roof if things started to re-open. I still think it might be too early (July) but hoping that it's possible. Last July there was international travel and you'd hope we would have a better year this year due to the vaccine program. But not end of the world if not. Bundoran get a rattle instead.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Swanny growing on me

Will it be a case of wait and see what happens % wise (vaccine uptake) when we start getting down into the Twitter / Facebook age profiles? Vaccine passports for travel will definitely happen imo, so overall % adults wise should be high

Yes I agree it will be required for travel and it will have big impact on %

I think 25% of pop are under 18, they cant get this vaccine
42% are 18-50 about 30% of those will choose not to get it I think just listening to people-this will change once air travel gets thumbs up

Id say about 35% will either not be eligible or wont want it. Would this be enough?

GetOverTheBar

Sky News headline here over 80s with both doses of the vaccine are breaking the Covid rules.

Let them get on and enjoy what is left, they've been through enough.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 04, 2021, 12:25:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 12:10:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2021, 12:05:40 PM

Swanny growing on me

Much as I suspected. It'll be difficult to enforce on the service industry but he hinted strongly at Vaccine travel passports.

Got mine yesterday due to Asthma (Was really surprised to get the call as it's only mild). Was delighted as I honestly think it will be required for travel this year.

Do you think you'll be going anywhere the year though? I wouldn't have thought it was on the table really? Unless you've a right few quid about you 👀

I've a lads holiday booked this October and I intend on going. A load of us have hit a big birthday.. so ye know.

themac_23

Got my first jab there, got it in the health centre. Was well run, like clockwork was in and out in 2 mins then wait in the car for 15 and away. Really good to see so many people getting done

trailer

Quote from: themac_23 on March 04, 2021, 04:55:25 PM
Got my first jab there, got it in the health centre. Was well run, like clockwork was in and out in 2 mins then wait in the car for 15 and away. Really good to see so many people getting done

Glad to hear.

Hound

People talk about the possibility of vaccine certificates/passports, not just re travel but that some businesses when they open may require something like that for entry.

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of all that, did you actually get a certificate / piece of paper or similar saying you received the vaccine?

JoG2

Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2021, 05:11:39 PM
People talk about the possibility of vaccine certificates/passports, not just re travel but that some businesses when they open may require something like that for entry.

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of all that, did you actually get a certificate / piece of paper or similar saying you received the vaccine?

We got cards (similar to a business card) with name, vaccine name, batch number and vaccine given date. And a date for 2nd appointment. Wouldn't call it a vaccine passport as such Hound

themac_23

Yeah, when I went in they took my details and had all the cards laid out on a table with peoples names on them, kind of like when you go to cast your vote. The card has your name, date of vaccine what vaccine you got and the batch number. There's then a blank bit below for them to fill in when ya get the 2nd dose. Handy job

Baile Brigín 2

Yes

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 04, 2021, 05:37:18 PM

Wife got vaccine, got paper cer second jab on 18th march, first jab 9 weeks ago

Smurfy123

So we have to get through 5 levels to get completely out of lockdown
We move through the levels when the data allows
We are currently in level 1 and not yet allowed to progress onto level 2
So we can't even get to level 2 with this
1-5 people per day being admitted to hospital none have moved to icu
Cases in mid 150s per day
Hospital occupancy 250 from 2000 and currently dropping at a rate of 15 per day overall
80% of the top 9 priority groups vaccinated with at least 1 jab

If that's not level 2 stuff it beggars belief

imtommygunn

There were never 2000 in hospital smurfy. Or close.

Redhand Santa

There was just over a 1,000 in hospital. The problem with opening up with 150 cases a day is that that can very quickly turn into 8/900 cases a day or more as was shown around Christmas. And there is no point opening up to close a month later. I'd be happy if they took a slow approach for next few months and let the cases continue to drop and by that stage a large chunk of the population will be vaccinated. And at that stage try to get everything opened up and staying open. If anything this lockdown has proven to be very successful - you only need to look at all the numbers compared to 6/8 weeks ago.

Smurfy123

Apologies that was the south
1000 on January the 9th
So Michelle O Neill has went on record as saying in the chamber on Monday the Northern Ireland covid rates are much higher than the rest of the UK
Not one person questioned her on this
Which was not correct off course
She has since backtracked and is now saying that we have had a great week in terms of numbers
The mask is slipping