China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 25, 2021, 12:16:16 PM
My wife is a nurse and got the vaccination two weeks ago. She started displaying symptoms 8 days after getting her vaccination, and she subsequently tested positive!

Lots of questions out of that obviously, but what is encouraging is that (so far) she has only had mild symptoms of a high temperature one just one day, was low in energy and had no appetite for a couple of days.  As of now you wouldn't know that she has any illness at all, so hopefully it stays like that
So while the vaccine didn't prevent her from catching it she seems to have gotten a really mild dose of it. And despite us sleeping together for 3 nights since her symptoms started I tested negative yesterday.

3 times in 2 weeks?!  8)

dublin7

Greece & Austria pushing the EU to introduce a Covid passport for travel. Seems like a no brainer for opening up national borders on some level. It would also see less people refuse to take the vaccine if they couldn't leave the country

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56202645

Ty4Sam

Quote from: dublin7 on February 25, 2021, 10:29:18 PM
Greece & Austria pushing the EU to introduce a Covid passport for travel. Seems like a no brainer for opening up national borders on some level. It would also see less people refuse to take the vaccine if they couldn't leave the country

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56202645

One problem with the vaccine passport is the length of time that it would be valid for. It is still unknown how long immunity lasts from the vaccine and won't be know for a few months. I agree it's a no brainier but it may take some time to roll out.

Rossfan

Has Angelo been closed down again?
Only 8 posts on this subject in 24 hours ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2021, 11:36:30 PM
Bedad but you are some tulip. 
You've announced to the world umpteen times that Angelo is on your ignore list and here you are counting his posts down to number, time and topic. Yer some boyo but then again, you are a Rossie so logic doesn't come into it.;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

You've lost the plot Lareen  ::).
There were 8 posts on the subject none by Angela.
When you've someone on Ignore their post  still appears BUT doesn't show what they say.
Says "You are ignoring this poster"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

The Govt is on a bit of a shaky scraw. Polls indicate voters want an end to lockdown but vaccines at the moment are no silver bullet. Ending lockdown at the wrong time might lead to another one. 

Smurfy123

Never a right time to end lockdown
Without a vaccine we would have to end it sometime with no security of the vaccine and I would say people woukd have to get on with life
If furlough was to end tomorrow lockdown would also end

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 26, 2021, 06:52:33 AM
Never a right time to end lockdown
Without a vaccine we would have to end it sometime with no security of the vaccine and I would say people woukd have to get on with life
If furlough was to end tomorrow lockdown would also end

That's easy to say now when numbers are a bit lower and you probably aren't hearing of many people you know with it. I know in my local area a few gatherings over Christmas lead to numerous people getting sick including a few in ICU (who were perfectly healthy). You open up at the wrong time and stay open there will be mass outbreaks and people will be in living in fear and afraid to do anything anyway. People who are saying it isn't that bad etc are all basing on living on it when restrictions have been in place at least slowing the spread.

thewobbler

Quote from: seafoid on February 26, 2021, 06:47:24 AM
The Govt is on a bit of a shaky scraw. Polls indicate voters want an end to lockdown but vaccines at the moment are no silver bullet. Ending lockdown at the wrong time might lead to another one.

We could just spend the next few years chasing the rainbow instead.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-19-ireland-could-be-close-to-normal-by-end-of-year-says-dr-ronan-glynn-1.4495398

Ireland could return to "close to" normal by the end of the year if "everything goes well" with Covid-19 vaccine supply and uptake and the control of new variants, according to deputy chief medical officer Dr Ronan Glynn.

Though there was no certainty, people have "good reason to be hopeful" and we could be "in a good place" by the end of the summer, he told the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) briefing on Thursday night.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-strong-support-for-reopening-society-as-soon-as-possible-1.4495298
There is strong support for reopening society and the economy as soon as possible, according to the latest Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI opinion poll, with only a minority favouring a long lockdown until the virus has been eliminated.

The poll also shows that the zero-Covid approach is not endorsed by a large majority of respondents, who say they want things to get back to normal once the elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated.

bennydorano

Zero covid is a pipe dream on this island, public compliance will increasingly fall - in line with the seasons / weather, if they persist.

Taylor

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 25, 2021, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 25, 2021, 12:16:16 PM
My wife is a nurse and got the vaccination two weeks ago. She started displaying symptoms 8 days after getting her vaccination, and she subsequently tested positive!

Lots of questions out of that obviously, but what is encouraging is that (so far) she has only had mild symptoms of a high temperature one just one day, was low in energy and had no appetite for a couple of days.  As of now you wouldn't know that she has any illness at all, so hopefully it stays like that
So while the vaccine didn't prevent her from catching it she seems to have gotten a really mild dose of it. And despite us sleeping together for 3 nights since her symptoms started I tested negative yesterday.

3 times in 2 weeks?!  8)

You lucky lucky barsteward

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bennydorano on February 26, 2021, 08:14:20 AM
Zero covid is a pipe dream on this island, public compliance will increasingly fall - in line with the seasons / weather, if they persist.

You can't have zero covid with zero fear.

The younger generations (rightly or wrongly) have no fear of Covid.

Angelo

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 25, 2021, 11:44:30 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 25, 2021, 11:36:30 PM
Bedad but you are some tulip. 
You've announced to the world umpteen times that Angelo is on your ignore list and here you are counting his posts down to number, time and topic. Yer some boyo but then again, you are a Rossie so logic doesn't come into it.;D

He's obsessed.

Pitiful really that he only felt the courage to have a few snipes at me when he thought I was gone.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL