Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 07, 2021, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:59:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 06:51:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2021, 06:38:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 06:35:47 PM
Can you prove this? Can you give me the figures and put up a reputable link please...

Can I prove they are recorded in an arbitrary fashion?

Yes.

Note on NISRA recorded deaths.

1 Covid-19 deaths include any death where Coronavirus or Covid-19 (suspected or confirmed) was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate.

https://www.nisra.gov.uk/sites/nisra.gov.uk/files/publications/Covid-19%20deaths%20%E2%80%93%20March-August%202020%20%E2%80%93%20Tables.xlsx

Have you actually read this?

In Northern Ireland alone death toll due to the virus now stands at 1,931 according to DoH figures.

You asked me about the arbitrary nature of recording deaths and I've given you your proof.

Ok... so from March to August 875 died as a result of Covid?  That's what table one said

These stats are based on the cause of death as per the death certificates. If you can't trust them then you're questioning the competency of the medical professionals who complete and sign off on the certificates. A doctor/coroner is not got going to sign one of these certs if he thinks it's not completed right.

Also if you're questioning the stats for Covid then by that logic you have to question how accurate the figures are for flu deaths as well as they same principle applies

If someone with an underlying condition gets the flu and dies was it the flu or underlying condition as the cause of death?

A COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE

The note on the figures clearly states this is not the case. You are factually incorrect and pedaling misinformation.

1 Covid-19 deaths include any death where Coronavirus or Covid-19 (suspected or confirmed) was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate.

Your agenda for pedalling these lies is an altogether different matter.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Just cause you highlight it and put it in capitals doesn't improve your post.

The figures are the figures. Covid is a factor in these deaths. The figures given by the DOH is simple.

Without Covid these deaths won't (in the vast majority) have happened. Unless the images and news reports from the actual hospitals are completely made up.

Do you think that the ICU were filled with actors or real patients?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

An elimination strategy in tandem with mass vaccinations is the only way to go with this disease

We've had a year of it now and the evidence is comprehensive

Letting it spread produces new variants and there is a risk a supervariant could emerge which has us back to square one

That risk exists because it has been let spread

It is frankly shocking and abominable that people are still proposing half measures, the exact same things which have failed over and over again

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2021, 11:39:42 PM
Just cause you highlight it and put it in capitals doesn't improve your post.

The figures are the figures. Covid is a factor in these deaths. The figures given by the DOH is simple.

Without Covid these deaths won't (in the vast majority) have happened. Unless the images and news reports from the actual hospitals are completely made up.

Do you think that the ICU were filled with actors or real patients?

I'm just stating what the note states.

You're just choosing to ignore facts.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

lenny

Most scientists and sensible people agree on the fact that COVID deaths are vastly underestimated. Only COVID deniers and the government disagree with this. The government figures only include people who've died within 28 days of getting COVID. 1 out of every 5 people who leave hospital after recovering from COVID-19 have to go back into hospital within a month. Close to 50% of this group go on to die mainly because of Covid but none of them are included in the figures. I read that when the figures reached 100k dead in Britain the true figure was at least 120k. There are lots of people who are dying 2 or 3 months after getting COVID because their bodies just aren't able to recover, none of them are included in the figures.

Redhand Santa

People like Angelo who try to prove Covid isn't that serious always throw out these lines that most of the covid deaths aren't really covid and they're overstated etc. But the easiest way to show the argument is nonsense is to look at excess deaths (the number of deaths above the previous 5 year average). And from that you can see there were over 1800 excess deaths in 2020 alone, the largest percentage increase caused since the Spanish flu. In the first 3 weeks of January 2021 alone 25% more people died than the average of the 5 years before this one (and as stated before those 5 years included the Aussie Flu which Angelo is so obsessed with). And it has to be remembered for large parts of the last year restrictions have been in place which have undoubtedly slowed the spread of covid. 

And this proves that unlike Aussie Flu which caused a one month spike this is a much larger prolonged problem which will overwhelm the health service and cause many many deaths if left to run wild as Angelo seems to want.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 08, 2021, 08:04:38 AM
People like Angelo who try to prove Covid isn't that serious always throw out these lines that most of the covid deaths aren't really covid and they're overstated etc. But the easiest way to show the argument is nonsense is to look at excess deaths (the number of deaths above the previous 5 year average). And from that you can see there were over 1800 excess deaths in 2020 alone, the largest percentage increase caused since the Spanish flu. In the first 3 weeks of January 2021 alone 25% more people died than the average of the 5 years before this one (and as stated before those 5 years included the Aussie Flu which Angelo is so obsessed with). And it has to be remembered for large parts of the last year restrictions have been in place which have undoubtedly slowed the spread of covid. 

And this proves that unlike Aussie Flu which caused a one month spike this is a much larger prolonged problem which will overwhelm the health service and cause many many deaths if left to run wild as Angelo seems to want.

No Angelo is very clear on what he wants

Let old the old stay in nursing homes, as on average he states that they will die within a year anyways
It only effects people over the age of 65, so they just stay in and don't visit them
Its seasonal so we should only lockdown between the months of winter.
Don't be supporting the big Pharma as the vaccines will only cause more harm than good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on February 07, 2021, 11:42:45 PM
An elimination strategy in tandem with mass vaccinations is the only way to go with this disease

Letting it spread produces new variants and there is a risk a supervariant could emerge which has us back to square one

It is frankly shocking and abominable that people are still proposing half measures, the exact same things which have failed over and over again

The failure of track and trace by any country in the West really, has been absolutely unforgiveable. Obviously no government will admit it's failure but I do not accept the blame for the spread of this disease like we get weekly from Stormont when they have completely and utterly failed on this.  It's high time they were held to account.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 08, 2021, 09:36:43 AM

The failure of track and trace by any country in the West really, has been absolutely unforgiveable. Obviously no government will admit it's failure but I do not accept the blame for the spread of this disease like we get weekly from Stormont when they have completely and utterly failed on this.  It's high time they were held to account.

On track and trace, will track and trace only work if you have the app?

And on that, who has the app? I don't have it, think the kids have it.

imtommygunn

I have it. Loads I know have it and a few have been forced to isolate because of it.

lenny

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 08, 2021, 09:36:43 AM

Especially the UK who gave their 12 billion track and trace contract to dido harding, wife of a tory minister, and who had a string of failed businesses behind her. Many of their covid contracts have gone to tory donors and most have been a waste of money hence why they're trying to stop any public enquires. It's corruption at an unbelievable scale. The only reason the vaccine rollout is successful is because the NHS have been looking after it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2021, 09:42:17 AM
I have it. Loads I know have it and a few have been forced to isolate because of it.

But is it solely app based?

imtommygunn

The track and trace you mean.... As far as I am aware yeah and whoever tests positive needs to register on the app as having tested positive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 08, 2021, 09:49:44 AM
The track and trace you mean.... As far as I am aware yeah and whoever tests positive needs to register on the app as having tested positive.

Yes, so the problem is if you have no app, and are not forced to have it, or if you a no smart phone it wont work

GetOverTheBar

No your workplace can be contacted by track and trace, it's happened to someone I know.....(yes I know.....)