China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2021, 10:52:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 04, 2021, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2021, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 03, 2021, 06:56:45 PM
Chris Whitty in the N10 debrief today pretty much said we can expect seasonal winter covid outbreaks.

People spending more time indoors and all the traveling and mixing at Christmas is perfect conditions for Covid to spread.

Not trying to pick a fight here....but that kind of flies in the face of the "Stay at Home" message too.

So homes are a breeding ground for it, fair enough. But are people never supposed to leave or what? Do we weld people indoors like the Chinese did?

I'd a client in the other day, works in an office during the day and taxi's at night, office is full and no proper social distancing like before...

He was telling me that he picked up a fare the other night, up the West and heading back over North Belfast, around midnight, the lad was coming back from his mates 'bar' that he has had erected in his garden, fully functional bar, with all the optics, pumps fridges and even a portaloo type thingy...

He charges his 'friends' £20 and its 'free' drink pool table big tv for the footie also!

The taxi driver says there are loads of these type places around Belfast and beyond, to the point that he has ordered a £6,000 'shed' for his own garden to do the same thing... His point was why go to the pub and pay a fiver for a pint when I can have my mates around for a session, they bring their own kegs and can carry on..

God knows how many of these type places are carrying on!

It's not surprising to hear that.

One things for sure, habits will change when 'normality' returns. People will stay at home drinking more (I think many people did that anyway) and pubs, if they survive through covid, will really struggle as 2m/masks etc will be enforced for a long time. People will say 'f**k that' and get a carry out or do this sort of set up in the shed/garden.

Shopping will and has changed. A lot of people were reliant on big supermarkets delivering their food, and deliveroo their takeaways before covid, but that has grow exponentially during this and will continue afterwards because people see how handy it is and will just continue with it.

Ive been supporting small businesses when I can and will continue as much as possible. But I just don't know how they will cope as this goes on as big businesses takes over.

dublin7

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 04, 2021, 11:08:56 AM
More people were allowed to meet inside than outside lol.

"Allowed to meet" are the key word here. Shops/pubs in dublin were packed over December and alot of them took a somewhat relaxed approach to social distancing and managing crowd numbers. Why do you think numbers increased in Dec?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2021, 10:52:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 04, 2021, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 03, 2021, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 03, 2021, 06:56:45 PM
Chris Whitty in the N10 debrief today pretty much said we can expect seasonal winter covid outbreaks.

People spending more time indoors and all the traveling and mixing at Christmas is perfect conditions for Covid to spread.

Not trying to pick a fight here....but that kind of flies in the face of the "Stay at Home" message too.

So homes are a breeding ground for it, fair enough. But are people never supposed to leave or what? Do we weld people indoors like the Chinese did?

I'd a client in the other day, works in an office during the day and taxi's at night, office is full and no proper social distancing like before...

He was telling me that he picked up a fare the other night, up the West and heading back over North Belfast, around midnight, the lad was coming back from his mates 'bar' that he has had erected in his garden, fully functional bar, with all the optics, pumps fridges and even a portaloo type thingy...

He charges his 'friends' £20 and its 'free' drink pool table big tv for the footie also!

The taxi driver says there are loads of these type places around Belfast and beyond, to the point that he has ordered a £6,000 'shed' for his own garden to do the same thing... His point was why go to the pub and pay a fiver for a pint when I can have my mates around for a session, they bring their own kegs and can carry on..

God knows how many of these type places are carrying on!

It's not surprising to hear that.

One things for sure, habits will change when 'normality' returns. People will stay at home drinking more (I think many people did that anyway) and pubs, if they survive through covid, will really struggle as 2m/masks etc will be enforced for a long time. People will say 'f**k that' and get a carry out or do this sort of set up in the shed/garden.

Shopping will and has changed. A lot of people were reliant on big supermarkets delivering their food, and deliveroo their takeaways before covid, but that has grow exponentially during this and will continue afterwards because people see how handy it is and will just continue with it.

Ive been supporting small businesses when I can and will continue as much as possible. But I just don't know how they will cope as this goes on as big businesses takes over.

Walked through city center today, my god , ghost town, crazy and the sooner the vaccines start to drop the numbers the better...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

On the subject of shopping amazon's profits are through the roof and it wasn't like they were shabby before.

GetOverTheBar

Sad that local places can't operate a click and collect or a phone and collect.

So wrong.

trueblue1234

Quote from: five points on February 04, 2021, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 03, 2021, 07:24:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 03, 2021, 04:15:41 PM

I didn't expect you to.

You're saying people were wary of Covid in June/July/Aug/Sep but not wary of it Oct/Nov/Dec.

Less wary yes.

I'm not sure this is true. For starters, very few people were wearing masks until well into August.  Cavan had 2 serious outbreaks caused by post-county final pissups in September and early October but none after we won the Ulster final in late November.

In my eyes it absolutely is. People distanced much more at the start. They were more wary when meeting people. This has eroded over the summer and people started to think it was beat.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

five points

Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 04, 2021, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: five points on February 04, 2021, 10:33:12 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 03, 2021, 07:24:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 03, 2021, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 03, 2021, 04:15:41 PM

I didn't expect you to.

You're saying people were wary of Covid in June/July/Aug/Sep but not wary of it Oct/Nov/Dec.

Less wary yes.

I'm not sure this is true. For starters, very few people were wearing masks until well into August.  Cavan had 2 serious outbreaks caused by post-county final pissups in September and early October but none after we won the Ulster final in late November.

In my eyes it absolutely is. People distanced much more at the start. They were more wary when meeting people. This has eroded over the summer and people started to think it was beat.

When you put it that way, it is indeed true. People were literally jumping out of each other's way in the early months. That in fairness was OTT and was always going to erode fairly quickly.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 04, 2021, 12:17:13 PM

So wrong.

It is. But that is the plan, to crush small businesses. They're making the rules to benefit their big business chums.

Louther

Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 01:42:34 PM

So wrong.

It is. But that is the plan, to crush small businesses. They're making the rules to benefit their big business chums.

I shouldn't ask but please enlighten me on this tale. The reasoning behind these conspiracy theories are fascinating in themselves.

Are you saying that Amazon/Google/ASOS/Nike etc (to name a few random online retailers) have got together with heads of state all over the world, in countries that operate under different regimes and social standards from communists to capitalists to royal families to liberals and they have followed rules and imposed restrictions so Doris the Hairdresser, Joe the florist, Barry the Bookie and Maggie's nail bar is closed down and put out of business. Ignoring that the heads of state have borrowed Billions to give to these people so that they open up again. Yet these has all remained under wraps.

The business chums included in this plan must have ignored anyone from the hospitality sector or suppliers to the smaller retailers.

In fairness it's a serious operation that Business Chums Inc have pulled off. Credit due to them, must have serious and loyal employees who have held it all together.

five points

Quote from: Louther on February 04, 2021, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 04, 2021, 01:42:34 PM

So wrong.

I shouldn't ask but please enlighten me on this tale. The reasoning behind these conspiracy theories are fascinating in themselves.

Are you saying that Amazon/Google/ASOS/Nike etc (to name a few random online retailers) have got together with heads of state all over the world, in countries that operate under different regimes and social standards from communists to capitalists to royal families to liberals and they have followed rules and imposed restrictions so Doris the Hairdresser, Joe the florist, Barry the Bookie and Maggie's nail bar is closed down and put out of business. Ignoring that the heads of state have borrowed Billions to give to these people so that they open up again. Yet these has all remained under wraps.

The business chums included in this plan must have ignored anyone from the hospitality sector or suppliers to the smaller retailers.

In fairness it's a serious operation that Business Chums Inc have pulled off. Credit due to them, must have serious and loyal employees who have held it all together.

Not so much a conspiracy as reflecting the reality that Amazon/Google/ASOS/Nike have the money and means to lobby politicians and civil servants, and the likes of Doris the Hairdresser does not.

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Hereiam

Has America been cured of COVID 19. Since Trump left the white house the BBC news etc have stopped reporting on the situation over there.

GetOverTheBar

They just don't care, China's economy is going to overtake them earlier than predicted over the head of this. So it's play ball.