Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 10:27:57 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:15:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 10:09:55 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:05:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 10:01:59 AM
Not busy today, so will get the popcorn ready for this explosion!

Definite signs of Schizophrenia

Still no sign of your outrage at the deaths of the elderly in 17/18???

You going to call me Harold Shipman again and accuse me of wanting to suffocate elderly people. That's the kind of level of nastiness and viciousness we have come to expect from you. Wee snide jokes about serial killers and murdering elderly as you justify elderly people being sent to their slaughter during the winter flu season. I'm glad you find it so funny.

Ok, I know your not well, so I'll explain it one more time, If you look down the front page of the Non GAA discussion page, there is a thread called Aussie Flu, was started in 2018, Jan..

It talks about the lad from Tyrone, I think young family and he died of the strain that was about at the time, was a very strong strain which caused a lot of deaths worldwide, keep up..

So, someone started a thread about it called Aussie flu, and boarders discussed it. Now it didn't have a 1000 pages as you or Seaney were not on the internet then and ordinary discussions were had

Get your wife to teach you the difference between you're and your.

Anyway, bump a few of your contributions for us so where you called for lockdown and told us how much of a disgrace it was what happened. It's your reputation here, if you can't defend it then obviously there's nothing worth defending and you are indeed the worst type of sanctimonious hypocrite.

2,101 deaths and you justified them, now a few years later you are up on your moral high horse and joking about Harold Shipman and suffocating the elderly with pillows

You're a charming piece of work.

Is that it? You asked for evidence about people discussing the flu of 2018, tick.

There's no joking about you killing off the elderly,  that's what you said is better, rather have someone live on in their 20's than someone who's lived life? What complete horseshit!!

Then have the brass neck and worry about the flu of 2018? You'd have killed off the elderly then too

I asked for evidence and got an anecdote. It's your reputation here, if you can't put up your posts then I suppose that just proves my point. The floor is yours.

You joked about killing off the elderly and Harold Shipman, another platform for you to take back those comments should you wish. I of course never said what you're saying, you might need your wife to give you extra grinds as your comprehension levels are deplorable.

You seem fit of justify the volumes of death during the Winter flu death and take to joke about Harold Shimpan and suffocating the elderly while falsely accusing other posters of wanting the elderly to die. I don't want anyone to die and never said that, I did say that given the choice between saving an elderly life and a young life I would save the life that hasn't been lived yet. Presumably given your objection to that you'd like to kill the younger person (applying your skewed rationale).
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:24:38 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 10:22:56 AM
I've posted already why your comparisons are illogical. You can decide not to accept that. That's down to you. I won't be forcing you to, as you just want to continually ignore why the comparisons are not valid.

But I'll leave it with you, as the points have all been made and rehashing them for you just gives you oxygen.

Illogical? So at the end of the day, the amount of lives lost is irrelevant?

Surely that should be the most important factor of all of this. We have yet to reach that level of loss of life and you're calling it illogical.

That to me is utterly illogical.

That's grand. We'll obviously agree to differ. I've explained why I think the comparisons aren't relevant. You're entitled to think different.   Other people can make up their minds as well, based on the what has been said. Some will agree that the constant comparison with 2017 is rubbish, others might think it valid. But everything that can be said about it, has been now. But just be aware the constant referring back to 2017/2018 carries no water with a lot of people it seems.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 10:33:44 AM
I've posted already why your comparisons are illogical. You can decide not to accept that. That's down to you. I won't be forcing you to, as you just want to continually ignore why the comparisons are not valid.

But I'll leave it with you, as the points have all been made and rehashing them for you just gives you oxygen.

Surely that should be the most important factor of all of this. We have yet to reach that level of loss of life and you're calling it illogical.

That's grand. We'll obviously agree to differ. I've explained why I think the comparisons aren't relevant. You're entitled to think different.   Other people can make up their minds as well, based on the what has been said. Some will agree that the constant comparison with 2017 is rubbish, others might think it valid. But everything that can be said about it, has been now. But just be aware the constant referring back to 2017/2018 carries no water with a lot of people it seems.

That's fine. I do see it differently though but I appreciate you can accept that and didn't find the the need to falsely accuse me of wanting to murder elderly people.

But there does need to be an acknowledgement we as a society have no problems sending hundreds of people off to their grave every winter through the flu season. Now that we are led to believe winter flu has been eradicated this year, will we now use lockdowns on an annual basis to save lives from flu or what levels of death do we deem acceptable?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:32:44 AM

You going to call me Harold Shipman again and accuse me of wanting to suffocate elderly people. That's the kind of level of nastiness and viciousness we have come to expect from you. Wee snide jokes about serial killers and murdering elderly as you justify elderly people being sent to their slaughter during the winter flu season. I'm glad you find it so funny.

Ok, I know your not well, so I'll explain it one more time, If you look down the front page of the Non GAA discussion page, there is a thread called Aussie Flu, was started in 2018, Jan..

It talks about the lad from Tyrone, I think young family and he died of the strain that was about at the time, was a very strong strain which caused a lot of deaths worldwide, keep up..

So, someone started a thread about it called Aussie flu, and boarders discussed it. Now it didn't have a 1000 pages as you or Seaney were not on the internet then and ordinary discussions were had

Anyway, bump a few of your contributions for us so where you called for lockdown and told us how much of a disgrace it was what happened. It's your reputation here, if you can't defend it then obviously there's nothing worth defending and you are indeed the worst type of sanctimonious hypocrite.

2,101 deaths and you justified them, now a few years later you are up on your moral high horse and joking about Harold Shipman and suffocating the elderly with pillows

Is that it? You asked for evidence about people discussing the flu of 2018, tick.

There's no joking about you killing off the elderly,  that's what you said is better, rather have someone live on in their 20's than someone who's lived life? What complete horseshit!!

Then have the brass neck and worry about the flu of 2018? You'd have killed off the elderly then too

I asked for evidence and got an anecdote. It's your reputation here, if you can't put up your posts then I suppose that just proves my point. The floor is yours.

You joked about killing off the elderly and Harold Shipman, another platform for you to take back those comments should you wish. I of course never said what you're saying, you might need your wife to give you extra grinds as your comprehension levels are deplorable.

You seem fit of justify the volumes of death during the Winter flu death and take to joke about Harold Shimpan and suffocating the elderly while falsely accusing other posters of wanting the elderly to die. I don't want anyone to die and never said that, I did say that given the choice between saving an elderly life and a young life I would save the life that hasn't been lived yet. Presumably given your objection to that you'd like to kill the younger person (applying your skewed rationale).

So its down to the basics of comprehension?  ;D 

I didn't engage in that question, you did, and you nailed your colours to the mast, kill the old. Hopefully your not involved with working in care-homes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 10:45:30 AM

I didn't engage in that question, you did, and you nailed your colours to the mast, kill the old. Hopefully your not involved with working in care-homes

Well seeing as you're stating I said something which I never did, it's either that your comprehension skills are appalling or you deliberately tried to associate comments to me which you knowingly know were not true. You then followed up these comments with your hilarious jokes about Harold Shipman and suffocating the elderly with a pillow. A real charmer as I said.

It's not that you didn't engage in the question, it's that you are bound by your own contradictions. You have a platform here to clarify things but as is your nature you neither have the decency, manners or courage to do so. Going by your avatar and contributions on here, I'd put your mental age down as 14.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:44:09 AM

That's fine. I do see it differently though but I appreciate you can accept that and didn't find the the need to falsely accuse me of wanting to murder elderly people.

But there does need to be an acknowledgement we as a society have no problems sending hundreds of people off to their grave every winter through the flu season. Now that we are led to believe winter flu has been eradicated this year, will we now use lockdowns on an annual basis to save lives from flu or what levels of death do we deem acceptable?

Flu kills roughly 13-17K a year in the UK. If Covid can be managed by the vaccine to this level, then I think requirements for stringent lockdowns would not be required.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 13, 2021, 10:59:59 AM

Flu kills roughly 13-17K a year in the UK. If Covid can be managed by the vaccine to this level, then I think requirements for stringent lockdowns would not be required.

Chris Witty alluding to this the other day on UK govt breifing that they will have to start the accepeble level of covid deatha conversation for each year.

Angelo

I don't think that's a valid comparison to Covid.

We had excess deaths of 50k in the winter flu season of 17/18.

The reason it's not a valid comparison is that we don't carry out mass testing for flu and we don't classify deaths from flu in the same manner as we do with deaths from Covid. Positive test for Covid = Covid death regardless of whether it was the reason the person died or not. If we did those flu deaths would probably rise in multiples.

That's a very important distinction. Excess deaths is probably the fairest measure so I'm intrigued as to what the death figures will be like between Dec-Mar 17/18 and Dec-Mar 20/21.

I struggle to comprehend how we could accept 50k excess deaths in 2017/18 during the winter flu season without batting an eyelid and have all this mass hysteria and draconian restrictions and lockdowns over Covid. It's a contradiction.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 10:49:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2021, 10:45:30 AM

Well seeing as you're stating I said something which I never did, it's either that your comprehension skills are appalling or you deliberately tried to associate comments to me which you knowingly know were not true. You then followed up these comments with your hilarious jokes about Harold Shipman and suffocating the elderly with a pillow. A real charmer as I said.

It's not that you didn't engage in the question, it's that you are bound by your own contradictions. You have a platform here to clarify things but as is your nature you neither have the decency, manners or courage to do so. Going by your avatar and contributions on here, I'd put your mental age down as 14.

Yes, so we've jumped from poor comprehension skills to me being 14.. Really clutching at straws now.

Tell me Angelo, did you read the thread on the Aussie flu? It's on the page.

I know your stand point on how you see the elderly in all of this, they've lived a life, let someone young have their bed instead
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 13, 2021, 11:05:57 AM

I don't think that's a valid comparison to Covid.

We had excess deaths of 50k in the winter flu season of 17/18.

The reason it's not a valid comparison is that we don't carry out mass testing for flu and we don't classify deaths from flu in the same manner as we do with deaths from Covid. Positive test for Covid = Covid death regardless of whether it was the reason the person died or not. If we did those flu deaths would probably rise in multiples.

That's a very important distinction. Excess deaths is probably the fairest measure so I'm intrigued as to wath the death figures will be like between Dec-Mar 17/18 and Dec-Mar 20/21.

Fair enough. I do. We've discussed the excess deaths thing previously so again, I'll not go down that route. Same for the classification of deaths.

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2021, 10:51:53 PM
46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Sorry to hear this Sid. I'll be saying a prayer for him and for your family.

macdanger2

46 dead in the Republic is the latest daily figure and I fear my father will be among these figures in the near future, he is on Day 10 and now has pneumonia, is being fed through a tube in his nose and fluids through IV, I find it hard to see him make it through to be honest

He is afraid and alone and my heart is breaking over it, I spent nearly ten months doing everything I could to keep Covid out, I haven't been in a pub since the start of March, I succeeded in keeping it out but he got it when he had go to hospital for a treatable non-Covid medical problem

Hope your father pulls through Sid

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 13, 2021, 11:26:05 AM

Hope your father pulls through Sid

Very sorry to hear this Sid, I hope and pray your father pulls through.

Rossfan

Best wishes to your dad Sid.

Meanwhile imagine if our Government had gone Angelo's way instead if the WHO way.....
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40206080.html

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jeepers Creepers

Best wishes Sid to you and your Father.