Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on January 04, 2021, 05:33:13 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 04, 2021, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:47:20 PM
I think we should just go down the Logan Run approach.. anyone over the age of 50 (think it was 25 in the film) just just be left to fend for themselves or put in the gas chamber

We do, as a whole have to start asking when is the time to return to 'normality' in fairness.

1,300 odd deaths in NI. By end of Jan (or before) we will have vaccinated all of the over 80s including GPs / Staff which is apparently 82,000 + people (Guess which gets far more 'media time').

We are in lockdowns to protect the elderly and the NHS. Surely, this latest lockdown of 6 weeks must be the last? I think as a people we deserve to be told the expectations, numbers wise for what will get us out of this lockdown hell since they have no problem telling us the figures that get us into it.

I'm obviously not a massive fan of lockdowns....but, like the majority of the public I follow the guidelines for the good of others. I just don't have absolutely any belief whatsoever the politicians here will give us anything at the end of January.

Personally I'm pretty much at the end of my interest in it after my previous post regarding a far enough out relative that was put down as a covid death after months and months of negatives prior. Frankly it is a disgrace that they can do things like that, that bulks up numbers for Covid. Again, the man was just old, his time had come. No Covid, nothing.

We do have a right to start asking when the end will be in sight, I would obviously just try and phrase it a bit better than "let it rip".

What is your idea of this normality you speak of?

Approximately this time 365 days ago is good enough for me.

I have no answer for that to be honest  :o

I'm not really looking an answer. I prefered life before Covid was ever a thought on this island, or earth. I'd give anything I have right now, to rewind before.

Some seem to welcome this current state of hell. Whatever makes people happy I suppose.

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 04, 2021, 08:49:27 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 04, 2021, 08:12:20 PM
Repeated lockdowns have failed because they haven't been enforced properly. It still baffles me why this island didn't shut up shop from the start.
2 different jurisdictions one of which has an überbritish major component whose ideology won't allow any similarities to the other part.
Wasn't its leader was waffling today about the "4 Nations" agreeing a strategy despite the fact that Scotland and Wales were doing their own lockdowns.

Tbf, ye were allowing plane loads of Italian rugby fans to fly into from the epicentre of the virus for a cancelled rugby match down south.

It was conceivable that Ireland should have had a NZ style borders closed approach to Covid that would allow it to be eliminated here through a north/south joined strategy but the DUP/UUP would never allow that.

On the other hand, the south did nothing really until they were told they were allowed to from the EU with regard to airports and ports.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 08:09:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 04, 2021, 05:45:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 05:30:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 04, 2021, 05:10:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:31:48 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Ignore those and put the full focus on Covid?

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.

It's not going be sorted by repeated lockdown
, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

What's your plan on getting it sorted?

Above my pay grade, but its 10 months in and repeated lockdowns have failed, I can see why folk especially the younger are breaking restrictions, put yourself in their shoes as a 17 or 18 year old.

In other words you have no plan and just to complain about the plans in place.

Smurfy123

So boris has just confirmed that the uk will administer 13.9 million vaccines by the middle of February
With all 4 nations getting exactly the same amount per population that leaves Northern Ireland getting 2.9% of 13.9 million which means by mid February we should have vaccinated 406000
And it has been confirmed that we plan to vaccinate 11000 this week. Why are questions not being asked. 11000
Sweet Christ

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 08:59:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 04, 2021, 08:49:27 PM
Quote from: general_lee on January 04, 2021, 08:12:20 PM
Repeated lockdowns have failed because they haven't been enforced properly. It still baffles me why this island didn't shut up shop from the start.
2 different jurisdictions one of which has an überbritish major component whose ideology won't allow any similarities to the other part.
Wasn't its leader was waffling today about the "4 Nations" agreeing a strategy despite the fact that Scotland and Wales were doing their own lockdowns.

Tbf, ye were allowing plane loads of Italian rugby fans to fly into from the epicentre of the virus for a cancelled rugby match down south.

It was conceivable that Ireland should have had a NZ style borders closed approach to Covid that would allow it to be eliminated here through a north/south joined strategy but the DUP/UUP would never allow that.

On the other hand, the south did nothing really until they were told they were allowed to from the EU with regard to airports and ports.

The airports were never closing and will not close lads.

Forget about it. It's not happening. It won't happen. It's a moot point.

We all know it would have been an ideal tool, but it's on the level of throwing the dome over ireland like Springfield in the simpsons movie.

God14

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 04, 2021, 09:03:57 PM
So boris has just confirmed that the uk will administer 13.9 million vaccines by the middle of February
With all 4 nations getting exactly the same amount per population that leaves Northern Ireland getting 2.9% of 13.9 million which means by mid February we should have vaccinated 406000
And it has been confirmed that we plan to vaccinate 11000 this week. Why are questions not being asked. 11000
Sweet Christ

Where did you get 11000? I read we got an extra shipment of pfizer, and with Oxford we are scheduled to do 33000

Smurfy123

Dr Michael McBride confirmed 11000 vaccinations would be made this week. He also confirmed all 85s and above would be vaccinated in 3 weeks.
Such a lazy leadership

Seaney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 04, 2021, 09:01:06 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 08:09:38 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 04, 2021, 05:45:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 05:30:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 04, 2021, 05:10:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:31:48 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Ignore those and put the full focus on Covid?

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.

It's not going be sorted by repeated lockdown
, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

What's your plan on getting it sorted?

Above my pay grade, but its 10 months in and repeated lockdowns have failed, I can see why folk especially the younger are breaking restrictions, put yourself in their shoes as a 17 or 18 year old.

In other words you have no plan and just to complain about the plans in place.

You have a great name there, I am not a paid politician what does it matter what I think we are in a shit storm caused in the main by inept leadership.

imtommygunn

https://t.co/3N9YTbSrqS

Anyone read this thing called "the great barrington declaration? Some theory on alternative to lockdown. Could be whacky I don't know...

Ed Ricketts

This thread today is like something from a time loop movie.

Boys on both sides having the exact same argument as was had three months ago.

The exact same points being made about lockdown vs. people's jobs/ mental health/ abuse.

Even that Barrington ball of dung getting another run out.

You're all really weird.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

GetOverTheBar

Lock the GAA Board down.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 11:30:34 PM
Lock the GAA Board down.

lockdowns don't work... have you not read this thread!!  :o

restorepride

Lock the GAA Board down.
Having read "The Great Barrington Declaration", locking down this thread might be a very good idea.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 04, 2021, 11:39:18 PM
Lock the GAA Board down.

lockdowns don't work... have you not read this thread!!  :o

the gah board is where the experts are sure  8)

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on January 04, 2021, 10:32:15 PM
This thread today is like something from a time loop movie.

Boys on both sides having the exact same argument as was had three months ago.

The exact same points being made about lockdown vs. people's jobs/ mental health/ abuse.

Even that Barrington ball of dung getting another run out.

You're all really weird.

I didn't realise that had been rolled out before lol. Agree on the rest.