What's a full lockdown when all above going
Construction
Hardware stores
B and Q
Food takeaways
Coffee shop takeaways
Play Parks
Mechanical workers

Because with all above likely to be open it's far from a lockdown regardless of what anyone thinks.
The towns about here are buzzing
And that's with schools closed
You either lockdown or ya half lockdown
And to me it's half a lockdown

Cunny Funt

Bad start to a new week for the ROI with another record high in cases with 6110 today. 776 patients are hospitalised the daily increase remains high.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 04, 2021, 06:25:29 PM
What's a full lockdown when all above going
Construction
Hardware stores
B and Q
Food takeaways
Coffee shop takeaways
Play Parks
Mechanical workers

Because with all above likely to be open it's far from a lockdown regardless of what anyone thinks.
The towns about here are buzzing
And that's with schools closed
You either lockdown or ya half lockdown
And to me it's half a lockdown

All factories will remain open

Wildweasel74

Should closed airports at Halloween time and went full lock down everything for a month. Then started up again gradually and still heavy restrictions at airports. We are an island with a small population compared to the rest of Europe and were in best position of the lot to get a grip on this.

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on January 04, 2021, 04:51:20 PM
Sid/Seaney: sorry to hear that. Hope both pull through.
+1.
Best wishes to both.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 04, 2021, 06:36:40 PM
Bad start to a new week for the ROI with another record high in cases with 6110 today. 776 patients are hospitalised the daily increase remains high.
11,000 cases reported in 2 days.
Over 70 now in ICUs and Hospitals in Galway and Dublin cancelling operations and outpatients.

The VFI are gone very quiet mind you.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 05:28:29 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 04:56:24 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:31:48 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Ignore those and put the full focus on Covid?

What exactly was being done for people in abusive relationships that isn't being done now?

Sweden tried the herd immunity approach and it has backfired spectacularly. Even the King of Sweden has admitted they got it wrong. Rolling lockdowns are the only option available to governments around the world unfortunately.

Their abuser wasn't f**king locked up with them 24/7 - not the brightest spark are you!

They also have less access to drink which was one of the main issues when a family member had to deal with it. There is still help out there you arrogant fool.

Where's your evidence that there was a) less access to drink or b) drink is the main issue, some folk are just evil bastards.

With my family it was coming home pissed when the pub closed. Carnage ensued. Have you had similar experience in this area?

Seaney

There's a lot more abuse, mental, verbal, controlling as well as physical, being locked up 24/7 with these abusers you surely can see doesn't help the abused.

Seaney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 04, 2021, 05:45:53 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 05:30:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 04, 2021, 05:10:45 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.

It's not going be sorted by repeated lockdown
, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

What's your plan on getting it sorted?

Above my pay grade, but its 10 months in and repeated lockdowns have failed, I can see why folk especially the younger are breaking restrictions, put yourself in their shoes as a 17 or 18 year old.

general_lee

Repeated lockdowns have failed because they haven't been enforced properly. It still baffles me why this island didn't shut up shop from the start.

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 08:09:38 PM

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.

, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

Above my pay grade, but its 10 months in and repeated lockdowns have failed, I can see why folk especially the younger are breaking restrictions, put yourself in their shoes as a 17 or 18 year old.

The hurler on the ditch.

The 2nd bit in bold, I personally know about a dozen 40 somethings (a few with children with underlying health conditions, I kid you not!) who partied during Christmas and have all tested positive, entitled p***k's the lot of them. Easiest thing is to point the finger but a hefty percentage of folk need to be more responsible for their own actions

BennyCake

Quote from: general_lee on January 04, 2021, 08:12:20 PM
Repeated lockdowns have failed because they haven't been enforced properly. It still baffles me why this island didn't shut up shop from the start.

Exactly.

Seaney

Quote from: JoG2 on January 04, 2021, 08:31:52 PM
Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 08:09:38 PM

The hurler on the ditch.

The 2nd bit in bold, I personally know about a dozen 40 somethings (a few with children with underlying health conditions, I kid you not!) who partied during Christmas and have all tested positive, entitled p***k's the lot of them. Easiest thing is to point the finger but a hefty percentage of folk need to be more responsible for their own actions

Complete ballbags, I and mine have followed every guidance,  government has not helped with mixed messages, folk are human, always thought him without sin.

Seaney

You have to ask?

Rossfan

2 different jurisdictions one of which has an überbritish major component whose ideology won't allow any similarities to the other part.
Wasn't its leader was waffling today about the "4 Nations" agreeing a strategy despite the fact that Scotland and Wales were doing their own lockdowns.