China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on January 04, 2021, 03:20:46 PM
My oul' lad had to be carted off to hospital by ambulance on December 26th, UCH Galway

He has a persistent urinary tract infection, also has advanced Parkinson's/dementia, he's 77

Tested Covid negative on December 26th and 30th

After a course of antibiotics he was doing well and was supposed to be coming home today

Well, he's not now, we were told this morning he's Covid positive, picked it up in the ward, the place is riddled

He'll probably be coming home soon, in a box most likely

But sure at least the country had a Christmas

Sorry to hear Sid. Hope he pulls through.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on January 04, 2021, 03:20:46 PM
My oul' lad had to be carted off to hospital by ambulance on December 26th, UCH Galway

He has a persistent urinary tract infection, also has advanced Parkinson's/dementia, he's 77

Tested Covid negative on December 26th and 30th

After a course of antibiotics he was doing well and was supposed to be coming home today

Well, he's not now, we were told this morning he's Covid positive, picked it up in the ward, the place is riddled

He'll probably be coming home soon, in a box most likely

But sure at least the country had a Christmas
The risk in Ireland is half that of the UK , if that's any consolation, Sid. Fingers crossed.

BennyCake

Sid/Seaney: sorry to hear that. Hope both pull through.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 04, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:31:48 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

Ignore those and put the full focus on Covid?

What exactly was being done for people in abusive relationships that isn't being done now?

Sweden tried the herd immunity approach and it has backfired spectacularly. Even the King of Sweden has admitted they got it wrong. Rolling lockdowns are the only option available to governments around the world unfortunately.

Their abuser wasn't f**king locked up with them 24/7 - not the brightest spark are you!

They also have less access to drink which was one of the main issues when a family member had to deal with it. There is still help out there you arrogant fool. 

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 04:56:24 PM
Just let the old die, only way out of this, as they'd have only a few months to live, according to angelo

Or just regard the plight of many vulnerable groupings, disabled people, people who live alone, people in abusive relationships, people with health conditions not associated with Covid, the education of kids, people who lose their jobs, businesses that are closed down?

What exactly was being done for people in abusive relationships that isn't being done now?

Sweden tried the herd immunity approach and it has backfired spectacularly. Even the King of Sweden has admitted they got it wrong. Rolling lockdowns are the only option available to governments around the world unfortunately.

Their abuser wasn't f**king locked up with them 24/7 - not the brightest spark are you!

They also have less access to drink which was one of the main issues when a family member had to deal with it. There is still help out there you arrogant fool.

How so less access? Off licenses are still operating.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2021, 02:47:20 PM
I think we should just go down the Logan Run approach.. anyone over the age of 50 (think it was 25 in the film) just just be left to fend for themselves or put in the gas chamber

We do, as a whole have to start asking when is the time to return to 'normality' in fairness.

1,300 odd deaths in NI. By end of Jan (or before) we will have vaccinated all of the over 80s including GPs / Staff which is apparently 82,000 + people (Guess which gets far more 'media time').

We are in lockdowns to protect the elderly and the NHS. Surely, this latest lockdown of 6 weeks must be the last? I think as a people we deserve to be told the expectations, numbers wise for what will get us out of this lockdown hell since they have no problem telling us the figures that get us into it.

I'm obviously not a massive fan of lockdowns....but, like the majority of the public I follow the guidelines for the good of others. I just don't have absolutely any belief whatsoever the politicians here will give us anything at the end of January.

Personally I'm pretty much at the end of my interest in it after my previous post regarding a far enough out relative that was put down as a covid death after months and months of negatives prior. Frankly it is a disgrace that they can do things like that, that bulks up numbers for Covid. Again, the man was just old, his time had come. No Covid, nothing.

We do have a right to start asking when the end will be in sight, I would obviously just try and phrase it a bit better than "let it rip".

What is your idea of this normality you speak of?

armaghniac

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on January 04, 2021, 05:00:11 PM
I think we should just go down the Logan Run approach.. anyone over the age of 50 (think it was 25 in the film) just just be left to fend for themselves or put in the gas chamber

We do, as a whole have to start asking when is the time to return to 'normality' in fairness.

1,300 odd deaths in NI. By end of Jan (or before) we will have vaccinated all of the over 80s including GPs / Staff which is apparently 82,000 + people (Guess which gets far more 'media time').

We are in lockdowns to protect the elderly and the NHS. Surely, this latest lockdown of 6 weeks must be the last? I think as a people we deserve to be told the expectations, numbers wise for what will get us out of this lockdown hell since they have no problem telling us the figures that get us into it.

I'm obviously not a massive fan of lockdowns....but, like the majority of the public I follow the guidelines for the good of others. I just don't have absolutely any belief whatsoever the politicians here will give us anything at the end of January.

Personally I'm pretty much at the end of my interest in it after my previous post regarding a far enough out relative that was put down as a covid death after months and months of negatives prior. Frankly it is a disgrace that they can do things like that, that bulks up numbers for Covid. Again, the man was just old, his time had come. No Covid, nothing.

We do have a right to start asking when the end will be in sight, I would obviously just try and phrase it a bit better than "let it rip".

Approximately this time 365 days ago is good enough for me.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on January 04, 2021, 04:56:24 PM

Where's your evidence that there was a) less access to drink or b) drink is the main issue, some folk are just evil bastards.

Seaney

Quote from: armaghniac on January 04, 2021, 05:10:45 PM

Yes, the sooner Covid is sorted the sooner these people can get back to normal service.

It's not going be sorted by repeated lockdown, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 04, 2021, 05:21:48 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 04, 2021, 05:00:11 PM

Approximately this time 365 days ago is good enough for me.

I have no answer for that to be honest  :o

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Seaney on January 04, 2021, 05:30:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 04, 2021, 05:10:45 PM

It's not going be sorted by repeated lockdown
, those who are following the narrative genuinely have no empathy for those whom lockdown us killing, as long as you are ok eh, you should all be ashamed.

What's your plan on getting it sorted?

BennyCake

I'm not trying to make light of domestic abuse victims, but I'd imagine quite a lot of abusers were  abusers before lockdown.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Gaslighting seems to be the buzzword du jour on Twitter. Had to look it up

Walter Cronc

Looks like a full lockdown (similar to Scotland) coming.

Anyone know how that will affect construction?