China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2021, 09:55:31 PM
You pointed it out then pointed it out again and again and again and again and again and again. (Did I say again enough times?)

That would probably be because the data changes every day, sometimes by quite a lot.
My failing, in the eyes of many here, is that I look at the 32 counties. My apologies for being Irish.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 02, 2021, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 07:35:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 06:18:24 PM
3,394 new Covid-19 cases is 26 counties with the backlog.
Frightening, but less pro rate than the 6 counties has had for the last week.
Let's hope this is a bulge, although hospital admissions will presumably continue to increase.

I'm glad it's less than the pro rate than the north, southerners can sleep easy tonight knowing that information

What a dick

What is wrong with you? I pointed out a simple piece of statistics, just as others pointed out comparisons with different times of the year. You feel the need to post, contributing nothing to the discussion, abusing me. This isn't about you and whether you are glad or not.

I've called out the other Dicks too, making comparisons to the north is stupid, and makes the person doing it look silly...
It's been the ROI Government's PR tactics from day one, look at NI we're doing so much better than them (so please don't point out our actual shortcomings). Political Deflection 101, the gullibility of some posters on here defies belief.

Why doesn't the North call their bluff and do better then?
Such a spake, holy Jesus.

You unfailingly trot out the ROI Government line, you show no independent or critical thinking whatsoever, it is embarrassing and it's not as tho it's clear if you support FF or FG it's just the Government line all the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 10:10:09 PM
You pointed it out then pointed it out again and again and again and again and again and again. (Did I say again enough times?)

That would probably be because the data changes every day, sometimes by quite a lot.
My failing, in the eyes of many here, is that I look at the 32 counties. My apologies for being Irish.

You don't give a f**k...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on January 02, 2021, 10:10:36 PM
You unfailingly trot out the ROI Government line, you show no independent or critical thinking whatsoever, it is embarrassing and it's not as tho it's clear if you support FF or FG it's just the Government line all the time.

Bollix. I have commented on their shortcomings when required. As for FG/FF, what proposals exist from other parties that I have opposed?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 10:16:49 PM

You don't give a f**k...

I don't think you'll be replacing Oscar Wilde for witty repartee.

imtommygunn

The bigger illustration of your failing was when you were told Letterkenny at a point in time had higher cases than Derry. You then asked for proof as you didn't believe it. When you were told that it was in the Irish news you seemed to be ok with taking that as proof fair enough however then proceeded to say it wouldn't be Letterkenny's fault it would be the north's fault as the north didn't apply or follow rules as well. I can't remember some verbatim what you said but basically some completely unfounded nonsense to suggest that even though there was nothing to point to it it was the north's fault.

Btw that reply is a crock of shit. "My apologies for being Irish". Not quite as bad as why doesn't the north call their bluff and do better. Yeah we'll show you pesky southerners and get zero COVID that will shut you up ::)

You continually dig at the north. Continually. Not just with objective data as the above proved.

Btw you come across as a reasonable person who I have nothing against but your incessant north stuff is a bit annoying... you are a bit like another poster here who's very reasonable except when it comes to sf. Reasonable until that topic comes up.

Seaney

Sounds like covid is an STD the amount of dicks and bollocks being sounded about.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2021, 10:27:58 PM
The bigger illustration of your failing was when you were told Letterkenny at a point in time had higher cases than Derry. You then asked for proof as you didn't believe it. When you were told that it was in the Irish news you seemed to be ok with taking that as proof fair enough however then proceeded to say it wouldn't be Letterkenny's fault it would be the north's fault as the north didn't apply or follow rules as well. I can't remember some verbatim what you said but basically some completely unfounded nonsense to suggest that even though there was nothing to point to it it was the north's fault.

I didn't say that north didn't apply or follow rules as well, although this may be true. I said that the North had different rules and things were open there that were not open in Letterkenny, and this undermined the closure of things in Letterkenny. This is entirely an objective view and several GPs in Donegal said the same thing.

QuoteBtw that reply is a crock of shit. "My apologies for being Irish". Not quite as bad as why doesn't the north call their bluff and do better. Yeah we'll show you pesky southerners and get zero COVID that will shut you up ::)

You continually dig at the north. Continually. Not just with objective data as the above proved.

I do believe the North should be abolished and that it has lasted 100 years too long. I make no secret of this.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I live in border area, i be in both jurisdictions daily, what I seen from start was better direction from govt in South than we got up here and also seemingly better compliance by people , but in recent weeks there have been some astoundingly stupid and tragic outbreaks in Muff,burnfoot and other parts of Inishowen which points to a complacency that can creep in everywhere and which can cause havoc.
I don't think it helps to compare stats here for political point scoring but I think it's fair to point to where one govt may have taken wiser action

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 11:28:36 PM

I didn't say that north didn't apply or follow rules as well, although this may be true. I said that the North had different rules and things were open there that were not open in Letterkenny, and this undermined the closure of things in Letterkenny. This is entirely an objective view and several GPs in Donegal said the same thing.

QuoteBtw that reply is a crock of shit. "My apologies for being Irish". Not quite as bad as why doesn't the north call their bluff and do better. Yeah we'll show you pesky southerners and get zero COVID that will shut you up ::)

I do believe the North should be abolished and that it has lasted 100 years too long. I make no secret of this.
Yeah, couldn't have been the Schools, factories whatever in Letterkenny area, it was the daytrippers from the black north. Ministry of information foot soldier.

bennydorano

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 03, 2021, 12:09:52 AM
I live in border area, i be in both jurisdictions daily, what I seen from start was better direction from govt in South than we got up here and also seemingly better compliance by people , but in recent weeks there have been some astoundingly stupid and tragic outbreaks in Muff,burnfoot and other parts of Inishowen which points to a complacency that can creep in everywhere and which can cause havoc.
I don't think it helps to compare stats here for political point scoring but I think it's fair to point to where one govt may have taken wiser action
The last point has never been in doubt, its the continual pushing of the ROI Government line thats being called out, the obvious continual Gorverment deflection to NI and the buying of it ALL the time.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2021, 12:18:15 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 02, 2021, 11:28:36 PM

Yeah, couldn't have been the Schools, factories whatever in Letterkenny area, it was the daytrippers from the black north. Ministry of information foot soldier.

I suggested that it was day trippers to the black North, there wasn't any particular attraction to bring day trippers to Letterkenny.

Quote from: bennydorano on January 03, 2021, 12:23:03 AM
The last point has never been in doubt, its the continual pushing of the ROI Government line thats being called out, the obvious continual Gorverment deflection to NI and the buying of it ALL the time.

Whatever about me, I don't think the 26 county government has especially drawn attention to NI, or not any more than anything else anyway, unless you count sending the ambulances. The data speaks for itself.

imtommygunn

I don't either but I do think you have whether you mean to or not. You are not as objective as you think you are.

Rossfan

Calling him a "dick" for stating a fact  is still very much out of order.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2021, 11:01:46 AM
Calling him a "dick" for stating a fact  is still very much out of order.

Explain why you need to bring in the relevance of the north has x cases that would relate to x cases in the south.... every time!! Very bizarre or maybe you think we couldn't work that out.

Is it because the north's government has fucked up along with the rest of the uk in terms of Covid lockdowns and we need to hear how good the South is? Does this make you feel better?

Hear are some simple facts going forward, the muppets on the hill have made a pigs ear out of this, the public have made a pigs ear out of it also. You reminding the board on the daily stats of the difference means what?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

The stupid things people argue about...