China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It is 100% true.

Can you please detail what your plan would be? No one seems to know it?

Detail please.

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 02:29:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2020, 02:26:59 PM
It is not remotely like asking that at all.

Not true.

We are dealing in hypotheticals here, nobody know but it is clear that people are losing sight of the bigger picture when it comes to Covid.

If the fatality rate is dropping so rapidly across Europe why are we creating so many societal and economic consequences in our bid to combat Covid.

People cannot see outside of the Covid bubble.

Because the successful treatment required to stop those fatalities is clogging up the hospitals.
And don't come back with usual simplistic crap that they should double hospitals overnight.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2020, 02:31:36 PM

Not true.

We are dealing in hypotheticals here, nobody know but it is clear that people are losing sight of the bigger picture when it comes to Covid.

If the fatality rate is dropping so rapidly across Europe why are we creating so many societal and economic consequences in our bid to combat Covid.

Because the successful treatment required to stop those fatalities is clogging up the hospitals.
And don't come back with usual simplistic crap that they should double hospitals overnight.

More Covid tunnel vision.

Currently around 0.11% of active Covid cases are in ICU at present in the O6.

Why for once can't you look away from Covid and the detrimental impacts of every resource and decision being made to combat Covid.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on October 19, 2020, 02:31:36 PM

Not true.

Here's a nutshell about part of the problem here, it relates to the 26 but it shows there are healthcare workers there to cater for the demand.

https://www.thejournal.ie/on-call-for-ireland-workers-5170155-Aug2020/

This is a problem created by governments in underfunding/under resourcing the health service for decades. So for governments to then try and shift the blame back to the people in the face of their incompetence and mismanagement takes some neck.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 02:36:10 PM

There are currently 29 COVID occupied ICU beds. There are 19 spare beds.

At 0.11%, that means an additional 17,000 people can contract the virus before ICU capacity is reached.

Currently, the rate is around 1000 new cases per day. So within 3 weeks ICU capacity is exhausted. At which point mortality rate will increase.

All stats from:
https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/publications/daily-dashboard-updates-covid-19-october-2020

Just on mortality rate, current mortality rate in the north is calculated around 4%.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

Not sure I believe that - 4% is very high. While it is declining on that graph, I do expect it will start to approach a more realistic asymptote as the virus disseminates across a wider cross section of the populace (which probably reflects the younger population that have acted as carriers over the past few weeks, students, parties etc).

This will be my only reply to you - as reading back through your posts you are thick as f**k or a sh!t stirrer. Possibly both. But it is crystal clear the idea of continuing on as before is not viable. Anyone with a double digit IQ will be able to grasp this.

[Also, as a general note, the current testing hit rate is around 10% (1 in ten tests are positive). Which means nothing like enough testing and contact tracing is being done.]
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2020, 02:31:07 PM
It is 100% true.

Can you please detail what your plan would be? No one seems to know it?

Detail please.

It is not. How can you say something completely unknown is true.

Action has been taken too hastily, focus should be on increasing hospital capacity and living with the virus.

Some people here are remarkably blinkered here and have Covid tunnel vision. The economic and societal problems from sustained lockdowns and restrictions are going to be unprecedented for what benefit?

What about all the vulnerable people who are decimated by the lockdown and restrictions: addicts, people with disabilities, people with mental health problems, small business owners, people who have been furloughed, children, teenagers, elderly people who live alone.

This is the point that all the donkeys here cannot answer - I'll put it in bold:

At what point do we look at the bigger picture and say that the measures we are taking to fight Covid have much more far-reaching consequences than they have benefits?

Can any of the genius know-it-alls here qualify that for me?

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 19, 2020, 02:55:49 PM

At 0.11%, that means an additional 17,000 people can contract the virus before ICU capacity is reached.

Currently, the rate is around 1000 new cases per day. So within 3 weeks ICU capacity is exhausted. At which point mortality rate will increase.

All stats from:
https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/publications/daily-dashboard-updates-covid-19-october-2020

Just on mortality rate, current mortality rate in the north is calculated around 4%.
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZGYxNjYzNmUtOTlmZS00ODAxLWE1YTEtMjA0NjZhMzlmN2JmIiwidCI6IjljOWEzMGRlLWQ4ZDctNGFhNC05NjAwLTRiZTc2MjVmZjZjNSIsImMiOjh9

Not sure I believe that - 4% is very high. While it is declining on that graph, I do expect it will start to approach a more realistic asymptote as the virus disseminates across a wider cross section of the populace (which probably reflects the younger population that have acted as carriers over the past few weeks, students, parties etc).

This will be my only reply to you - as reading back through your posts you are thick as f**k or a sh!t stirrer. Possibly both. But it is crystal clear the idea of continuing on as before is not viable. Anyone with a double digit IQ will be able to grasp this.

[Also, as a general note, the current testing hit rate is around 10% (1 in ten tests are positive). Which means nothing like enough testing and contact tracing is being done.]

Another braindead donkey with Covid tunnel vision.

If you had a brain in your head you might be able to take on board the consequences of everything being consumed by Covid.

I asked a question above, numbnuts - maybe see if you peabrain can handle that one for size.

At what point do we look at the bigger picture and say that the measures we are taking to fight Covid have much more far-reaching consequences than they have benefits?

You're also making a lot of unqualified assumptions there, people in ICU don't stay there forever, they recover or they die. If cases remain steady then ICU cases will not always see a steady rise. You seem to be under the allusion people with Covid have it for life, it is generally a 2 week period for them to no longer be positive with it so your whole rationale is completely flawed.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 03:06:01 PM

All stats from:

If you had a brain in your head you might be able to take on board the consequences of everything being consumed by Covid.

I asked a question above, numbnuts - maybe see if you peabrain can handle that one for size.

You're also making a lot of unqualified assumptions there, people in ICU don't stay there forever, they recover or they die. If cases remain steady then ICU cases will not always see a steady rise. You seem to be under the allusion people with Covid have it for life, it is generally a 2 week period for them to no longer be positive with it so your whole rationale is completely flawed.

I said I wouldn't reply, but I will.

If you are in ICU, you are not going to have it for the standard 2 weeks you dumbfukk. Average time to death was something like 30-40 days last time I looked. Hence why I said 3 weeks and not 18 days.
edit on above: This is out of date, studies now show a dramatic drop in ICU time. Its now somewhere between 16 and 25 days.

On 25th Sept, there were 5 in ICU.
On 30th Sept, there were 9 in ICU.
On 5th Oct, there were 12 in ICU.
On 10th Oct, there were 19 in ICU.
On 15th Oct, there were 24 in ICU.
As of now, there are 29 in ICU.

Even you can see what way that is going.

as regards to your:

QuoteAt what point do we look at the bigger picture and say that the measures we are taking to fight Covid have much more far-reaching consequences than they have benefits?

Are you too stupid to realise that once ICU capacity is exhausted case mortality rate will jump?

After a time of dramatically increased death rates then people will reduce social interaction out of fear anyway. So you'll have most of the economic drawbacks of restrictions - along with a high death toll of no restrictions. Restrictions and strong trading conditions are not mutually exclusive - but your little brain cannot seem to absorb that.

No one has bothered commenting as all that was probably explained about 550 pages ago.

We aren't remotely close to the point where the cure is worse than the disease. Of course, the govt needs to stop trying to solve this on the cheap as they are only dragging it out and ending up making it cost more in the long run.
i usse an speelchekor

Angelo

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 19, 2020, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 03:06:01 PM

All stats from:

I said I wouldn't reply, but I will.

If you are in ICU, you are not going to have it for the standard 2 weeks you dumbfukk. Average time to death was something like 30-40 days last time I looked. Hence why I said 3 weeks and not 18 days.

On 25th Sept, there were 5 in ICU.
On 30th Sept, there were 9 in ICU.
On 5th Oct, there were 12 in ICU.
On 10th Oct, there were 19 in ICU.
On 15th Oct, there were 24 in ICU.
As of now, there are 29 in ICU.

Even you can see what way that is going.

as regards to your:

QuoteAt what point do we look at the bigger picture and say that the measures we are taking to fight Covid have much more far-reaching consequences than they have benefits?

Are you too stupid to realise that once ICU capacity is exhausted case mortality rate will jump?

After a time of dramatically increased death rates then people will reduce social interaction out of fear anyway. So you'll have most of the economic drawbacks of restrictions - along with a high death toll of no restrictions. Restrictions and strong trading conditions are not mutually exclusive - but your little brain cannot seem to absorb that.

No one has bothered commenting as all that was probably explained about 550 pages ago.

We aren't remotely close to the point where the cure is worse than the disease. Of course, the govt needs to stop trying to solve this on the cheap as they are only dragging it out and ending up making it cost more in the long run.

Dumbfuck?

Are you talking to yourself?

The answer you've given to the question I posed is so full of horseshit. I've asked you to look at the consequences having everything consumed by Covid creates and your answer completely ignores that. The vulnerable in our society, those with mental and physical handciaps, those alone and vulnerable, recovering addicts cut off from their supports, people with mental health problems cut off from their supports, the rise in domestic violence cases, the problems that young children will inevitably have from living in this world. None of this matters in your pea sized little brain, why don't you actually address the question this time numbnuts?

Of course the number in ICU have went up, you halfwit. Cases have been rising the past month but daily new cases are now beginning to level out and you should then see active cases level out. If you had 20k new cases 2 weeks ago and you have 20k new cases this week then there should not be sufficient movement in active cases. Have you actually managed to grasp that now or do you need me to explain it to you further?

Your last line is complete and utter speculation that you can't qualify.

What was explained 550 pages ago was at a time before fatality rates had dropped in double digit multiples across Europe. Your whole premise is based on complete ignorance and you're too arrogant to stand back actually read your own nonsense.

Cunny Funt

112,134 tests carried out in the ROI over the last 7 days thats almost 20,000 more than the previous week. Back in April when we were getting over 5,000 weekly case numbers the weekly test number was just over 40,000.

Angelo

Be very interesting to see how the Slovaks get on with their mass testing.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 03:33:25 PM
Your last line is complete and utter speculation that you can't qualify.

As opposed to:

Quotethe consequences having everything consumed by Covid creates and your answer completely ignores that. The vulnerable in our society, those with mental and physical handciaps, those alone and vulnerable, recovering addicts cut off from their supports, people with mental health problems cut off from their supports, the rise in domestic violence cases, the problems that young children will inevitably have from living in this world

You are the one making the accusation. Back it up with some figures or STFU.

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 03:33:25 PM
What was explained 550 pages ago was at a time before fatality rates had dropped in double digit multiples across Europe. Your whole premise is based on complete ignorance and you're too arrogant to stand back actually read your own nonsense.

Reach capacity in hospitals and where do you think fatality rates are going to go to?

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 03:33:25 PMOf course the number in ICU have went up, you halfwit. Cases have been rising the past month but daily new cases are now beginning to level out and you should then see active cases level out. If you had 20k new cases 2 weeks ago and you have 20k new cases this week then there should not be sufficient movement in active cases. Have you actually managed to grasp that now or do you need me to explain it to you further?

30th Sept, tot number of covid cases: 12,346
18th Oct, tot number of covid cases:  28,040

2.3x increase in cases, 3.2x increase in ICU needs. The two do not directly correspond, they never do. Of course - such is beyond the simpleton.
i usse an speelchekor

laoislad

Looking like a full Level 5 for 6 weeks.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Blowitupref

A move to Level 5 has caught all journalists by surprise when all were saying level 4 earlier. Shows a lot of second guessing was going on.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose