China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Gyms will be opened for individual weight training i take it?

mackers

Quote from: balladmaker on October 14, 2020, 08:18:09 AM
My view is that it's the schools which are the major factor in spreading COVID, not the hospitality trade.  It's no coincidence schools returned a month ago and here we are now.  What were they expecting, numbers to fall after the schools went back.
For me it was the universities going back that has produced this spike, not the schools.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

imtommygunn

Quote from: downjim on October 14, 2020, 09:54:50 AM
Gyms will be opened for individual weight training i take it?

Yeah just no classes.

GetOverTheBar

Kick in the teeth for certain industries, once again the scapegoats for the whole thing.

A sticky plaster over a wound that clearly needs stitching and basically a waste of everyone time and money.

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on October 14, 2020, 10:01:12 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on October 14, 2020, 08:18:09 AM
My view is that it's the schools which are the major factor in spreading COVID, not the hospitality trade.  It's no coincidence schools returned a month ago and here we are now.  What were they expecting, numbers to fall after the schools went back.
For me it was the universities going back that has produced this spike, not the schools.

A school where people from the same district side beside each other each day is a risk, but much less than university where you have people from all places coming together and then going nack to those places at the weekend. 
One reasons schools are seen as causing this if Jimmy gets Covid then his pod at school are tested and perhaps Johnny has it also. But Jimmy brought it into the school from his family, but the way it got into the family is not recorded and that might well be a pub or similar.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

The next few weeks will tell a lot.

The fact that there are outbreaks in 53 care homes means the death are going to be inevitable.

Do they actually record care home deaths in their figures or is it purely hospital deaths?

You would feel for those in the hospitality/bar sector though. Livelihoods will be ruined over this and you can't keep stop/starting sectors like that but to be fair Westminister do constrict what can be done in the O6.

As far as I see, the damage has already been done, the virus has been allowed run free for the past few weeks and we are now going to find out to what impact.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2020, 09:51:29 AM
Mobile hairdressers are banned apparently. Not sure on tradesmen but think they're probably ok.

It's a nightmare keeping up with it all. Is there a link somewhere that is continually updated on the rules for stuff like this?

Jeepers Creepers

Revealed: New 'circuit breaker' restrictions in full

Maintenance of current household restrictions. This means a continuation of the restriction on meeting indoors, and a limit on the number who can meet in a garden. There are existing exemptions for child care and maintenance etc which would stay in place. However, as close contact economy is proposed for closure, it would be consistent with that to prohibit the provision of those services (eg hairdressing) in a domestic setting;

Bubbling to be limited to a maximum of 10 people from 2 households;

No overnight stays in a private home unless in a bubble;

Work from home unless unable to do so;

in guidance, we will advise Universities and further education to deliver distance learning to the maximum extent possible with only essential face to face learning where that is a necessary and unavoidable part of the course;

Closure of the hospitality sector apart from deliveries and takeaways for food, with the existing closing time of 11pm remaining. Other take away premises will then be brought in line with hospitality with a closing time of 11pm;

Retail will stay open. However, there will be urgent engagement with the sector to ensure that retail is doing everything it can to help suppress the virus;

Closure of close contact services apart from those meeting essential health needs which will be defined in the Regulations to ensure continuation of essential health interventions and therapeutics. This will not include complimentary treatments;

No Indoor sport of any kind or organised contact sport involving household mixing other than at elite level;

No mass events Involving more than 15 people (except for allowed outdoor sporting events where the relevant number for that will continue to apply);

Gyms may remain open but for Individual training only with local enforcement in place;

Places of worship to remain open with a mandatory requirement to wear face coverings when entering and exiting. This will not apply to parties to a marriage or civil partnership;

Wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to be limited to 25 people with no receptions. This will be implemented on Monday 19 October. Venues providing the post-ceremony or partnership celebration may remain open for this purpose this weekend but may not provide other services for people who are not part of the wedding or partnership and this will be limited to 25;

Funerals and committals to be limited to 25 people with no pre- or post-funeral gatherings;

In guidance, no unnecessary travel will be advised; • Off licenses and supermarkets will not be permitted to sell alcohol after 8pm;

We believe the above restrictions should apply for four weeks, and the continuation or amendment of any element would require Executive approval;

In Education, the half term holiday break will be extended from 19th to 30th October with schools reopening on Monday 2nd November. To permit this the Department of Education will allocate to schools two of the Optional Days and the remainder of the additional time through Exceptional Closure Days.

imtommygunn

GetOverTheBar

The best one of the lot for me is the no selling beer after 8pm in shops. Literally pointless. Almost like one can't go and buy it for the 8 hours prior.

armaghniac

A lot of this is wishy-washy. Engagement with the retail sector, but no particular obligations on them to actually do anything. Guidance on no unnecessary travel, what that is exactly? Is Bubbling a new word in the English language?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Pub Bore

Do hotels come under 'hospitality'?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on October 14, 2020, 11:05:05 AM
A lot of this is wishy-washy. Engagement with the retail sector, but no particular obligations on them to actually do anything. Guidance on no unnecessary travel, what that is exactly? Is Bubbling a new word in the English language?

Page filling stuff, that's what it reads like to me.

They are going to lose the people soon, it's the same message over and over. (Obviously the useful stuff is always worth repeating of course).

What are we going to do in Mid November when everything emerges and numbers start to go up again?

Short term, buy time, hit and hope regulations.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 14, 2020, 11:04:33 AM
The best one of the lot for me is the no selling beer after 8pm in shops. Literally pointless. Almost like one can't go and buy it for the 8 hours prior.

Off licenses should shut, full stop.

Have a booking system in pubs, where you can only stay an hour. If you can't be arsed booking, giving details, filling a form, adhering to distancing etc to have your drink, then do without it.

And if you flaunt the rules inside pub, you're responsible for it closing. So it's up to all punters to behave otherwise no drinky.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 14, 2020, 11:16:41 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 14, 2020, 11:05:05 AM

Page filling stuff, that's what it reads like to me.

They are going to lose the people soon, it's the same message over and over. (Obviously the useful stuff is always worth repeating of course).

What are we going to do in Mid November when everything emerges and numbers start to go up again?

Short term, buy time, hit and hope regulations.

Now that we are getting Wave 2 now and not winter!? Does this mean we are going to get waves 3,4 & 5?