China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

My view is that it's the schools which are the major factor in spreading COVID, not the hospitality trade.  It's no coincidence schools returned a month ago and here we are now.  What were they expecting, numbers to fall after the schools went back.

imtommygunn

I think universities right up there but no excuse for them opening the way they did in halls etc.

Angelo

Quote from: balladmaker on October 14, 2020, 08:18:09 AM
My view is that it's the schools which are the major factor in spreading COVID, not the hospitality trade.  It's no coincidence schools returned a month ago and here we are now.  What were they expecting, numbers to fall after the schools went back.

The experts has been flip flopping since day 1 about whether children are spreaders or not.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on October 14, 2020, 08:32:52 AM

The experts has been flip flopping since day 1 about whether children are spreaders or not.

Smurphy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2020, 08:09:50 AM
Are nurseries closing??

County classified as elite yeah.

Kick in the teeth for bars and restaurants doing it right.
If they are compensated properly it shouldn't matter

imtommygunn

thewobbler

Quote from: seafoid on October 14, 2020, 08:39:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2020, 08:09:50 AM
Are nurseries closing??

County classified as elite yeah.

Kick in the teeth for bars and restaurants doing it right.
If they are compensated properly it shouldn't matter

Are they going to compensate everyone "properly" all the way up the supply chain?

RedHand88

Only elite sport allowed.

Does that mean Derrys year is over?

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 14, 2020, 08:17:05 AM
What about weddings? We've a wedding at the end of November in Fermanagh. Covid pending of course.

It could be a Zoom wedding.

RedHand88

In a spar yesterday and saw about 10 schoolchildren running around the shop as a pack, not a mask in sight. Lifting stuff, touching everything.
Man behind the counter not wearing a mask either.
Policeman happened to be in the shop at the time, he never even turned an eye to it.

Itchy

Have you any data to back that up? I don't think that is the case at all.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 14, 2020, 09:28:07 AM
Only elite sport allowed.

Does that mean Derrys year is over?

It will be on 1st November.

Jeepers Creepers

So in da Nart mainly pubs & resturants and indoor sports (ex Elite sports) to close for 4 weeks with schools for 2 over midterm? All retail to remain open with alcohol sales banned after 8pm? Current house visiting restictions to remain.

BennyCake

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 14, 2020, 09:34:08 AM
So in da Nart mainly pubs & resturants and indoor sports (ex Elite sports) to close for 4 weeks with schools for 2 over midterm? All retail to remain open with alcohol sales banned after 8pm? Current house visiting restictions to remain.

What about people having to work in people's homes? Decorators, tilers, washing machine repair men, mobile hairdressers/podiatrists etc?

imtommygunn

Mobile hairdressers are banned apparently. Not sure on tradesmen but think they're probably ok.