Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:20:15 PM
Quote from: mackers on October 04, 2020, 11:18:35 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:14:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 11:13:09 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2020, 11:11:56 PM
Have you lost your wages?

If there is a lockdown and no furloughed pay yes I'll lose wages.
So, no. You're getting ahead of yourself. Although, you look likely to lose the referee wages. ;D
Do you know something that the rest of us don't? Is the furlough scheme not ending at the end of the month? I think MR2 is right to take offence at people using terms like suck it up when people's livelihoods are at stake
He doesn't know he will be out of work yet, let alone what the gov plan is if he happens to be. It's ironic that you are asking me if I know something you don't.

The medical advisor in the north has mentioned a circuit breaker . He never mentioned what the government may do or not. My issue is why should I lose out for other people not following the rules? If that is there is another lockdown?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

So whats all the fuss about? Have many people died the last couple of weeks? What is an acceptable number of Deaths? Are we ever going to live life again? Is this all really worth it all these lock-downs/restrictions? Are we just going to live in this madness for the foreseeable future? What sort of life is this living in fear? I'd rather be dead!

Get busy living or get busy dying!

Milltown Row2

Not at the minute no. This is purely hypothetical of course.

I'm sure with the way the government here has dealt with this problem so far I'll be fine.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 04, 2020, 11:31:01 PM
So whats all the fuss about? Have many people died the last couple of weeks? What is an acceptable number of Deaths? Are we ever going to live life again? Is this all really worth it all these lock-downs/restrictions? Are we just going to live in this madness for the foreseeable future? What sort of life is this living in fear? I'd rather be dead!

I'd much rather be alive and the vast majority of people think likewise

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on October 05, 2020, 12:35:39 AM

That's what you think!

Eire90

what about introverts do there lives not matter are you saying only extroverts should be valued if your not some sort of gaa extrovert your life does not matter.

armaghniac

People can choose to live if they want, what they cannot do is be allowed choose a course of action that will kill other people.
There is a balance here of course, but rapidly increasing numbers shows that many people have not behaved in a balanced way.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

Disgraceful scenes in cork and a lot old fellas there too what a joke i bet they will come up with some nonsense about how the euphoria took over.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 11:21:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 11:00:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2020, 10:54:41 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 04, 2020, 10:51:10 PM
The reason we're all heading for a lockdown is precisely that: people didn't cop on.

So, suck it up.

Why should I lose out cause of the stupid Cnuts out there?

We're all losing out, MR.

So I'll ask again, why should I lose out? I'm following guidelines. Who's going to pay my wages?

I'm following them too. But thousands aren't. But what's the alternative? Open everything up and allow people to do anything they want?

The government should pay wages because it's their failures to put in proper powers in place to help control this. Everyone could see weeks and weeks ago that many people didn't give a f**k and were following no guidelines.

"Ah come on now lads, don't be doing that now" talk was never going to work.Heavy, on the spot fines for breach of rules needed to be introduced but they weren't. Now look where we are.

Yup. There was a rumour going around before the first lockdown that the army would be on the streets enforcing it. That didn't happen. Maybe it should have. Maybe it'll have to. Against my better judgment I read the social media comments on Irish news outlets and the amount of covid-denial and tinfoil-hat BS out there is scary. People have not taken this seriously enough and there's a time bomb of death ticking away as we speak.

tonto1888

What a stupid thing to say

imtommygunn

It's a shawshank quote but point still valid.

imtommygunn

I do think the Gaa pretty much needs stopped. The gatherings happening of the back of it are causing big issues. That's not anti Gaa like some people, perversely, on a Gaa forum seem to be. It's a community etc thing where people get carried away, you can't blame them, but it's just leading to too many gatherings outside the sport. It is causing cases and probably massive knock on effects too.

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2020, 07:16:50 AM
I do think the Gaa pretty much needs stopped. The gatherings happening of the back of it are causing big issues. That's not anti Gaa like some people, perversely, on a Gaa forum seem to be. It's a community etc thing where people get carried away, you can't blame them, but it's just leading to too many gatherings outside the sport. It is causing cases and probably massive knock on effects too.

Its actually the C'ship games that are causing the problems.

If we had run league games only then you wouldnt have had this euphoria/celebrations etc.

Thats no excuse for the way people are behaving

imtommygunn

Agreed. I imagine you could trace a lot of numbers back to celebrations etc.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 05, 2020, 12:40:53 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 05, 2020, 12:35:39 AM

That's what you think!

Go on then, prove him wrong. ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.