China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Thanks Rois. So not quite 0.25 yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2020, 03:51:43 PM
Just get a hazmat suit for the plane and lock yourself in the villa when you get there  ;D

If there is a supermarket open that'll do me, pool and outside barbecue bar area so I'll be fine!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Riddle me this!

Our local factory has 1,200 employees who have gone to work for the last 9 weeks. They go to work they go home to their families.

Then we have 100 Leaving Certs in a school in the same town who can't go in to do their Leaving Cert that is the guts of a week and a half!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Smurfy123

Read 0.25 lads and lowest in Europe done by a scientist but seen where they quoted 0.5 so that's me told. But I would guess they would go on the high side of the number just to keep everyone alert and may be closer to the 0.25 rather than the 0.5 but great number all the same and has been at 0.5 for 4 weeks. Things sure are looking on the strong side. The R number has dropped in the UK again going by that Hancock man. So lockdown in the uk lifted 10 days and the R nunber going down. Work that one out?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on May 21, 2020, 05:05:26 PM
No riddle just fact.

But why is there one set of rules for 1,200 and another for 100?

J70

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 21, 2020, 05:08:46 PM
Read 0.25 lads and lowest in Europe done by a scientist but seen where they quoted 0.5 so that's me told. But I would guess they would go on the high side of the number just to keep everyone alert and may be closer to the 0.25 rather than the 0.5 but great number all the same and has been at 0.5 for 4 weeks. Things sure are looking on the strong side. The R number has dropped in the UK again going by that Hancock man. So lockdown in the uk lifted 10 days and the R nunber going down. Work that one out?

The r-rate is going to lag behind whatever is happening day to day.

Rossfan

60,000 doing the Leaving Cert in the great big world outside your town.
What does the factory produce and what's the hygiene regime etc.?
It was proposed to hold the LC deferred to late July but seems everyone but the Minister objected and wanted it called off.

Milltown Row2

Nail on heard HS, and listening to thon clampit Nolan last night being a mixing Cnut! He can't get any proper guests on the show cause he actually doesn't care for anything but his ratings!

Edit: Nolan did a feature on getting schools opened
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2020, 05:53:42 PM
Nail on heard HS, and listening to thon clampit Nolan last night being a mixing Cnut! He can't get any proper guests on the show cause he actually doesn't care for anything but his ratings!

He has more influence than you think. He made a big deal about the lack of computers in working class houses and hey presto Weir announces today that funding will be available for exactly that....

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 21, 2020, 05:08:46 PMThe R number has dropped in the UK again going by that Hancock man.

If that Hancock man told me it was raining, I'd be sure to stick my hand out the window to check.

i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Yanks expect round 2 in November.

It will be like this until there is a vaccine.

Rossfan

Another "Democrat plot"???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on May 21, 2020, 06:05:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2020, 05:53:42 PM

He has more influence than you think. He made a big deal about the lack of computers in working class houses and hey presto Weir announces today that funding will be available for exactly that....

Is he paying for the broadband as well?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2020, 06:27:43 PM
Yanks expect round 2 in November.

It will be like this until there is a vaccine.

They ain't even out of wave 1! That'll take another 2 or more months the way they are carrying on