China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hopefully Cunny.
As long as Smurf isn't in charge of anything.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 04, 2020, 01:53:23 PM
Sounds encouraging and i can imagine before phase 1 comes into play on May 18th its hoped that ICU numbers fall to less than 50.

There were fewer than 100 people in intensive care units with confirmed coronavirus last night, the third day in a row, Health Service Executive (HSE) data also shows.

The HSE's daily operations update released last night shows 93 people were in these units across the country and a further 20 people with suspected cases of Covid-19 were being treated in intensive care.

The equivalent figures were 98 and 22 on Saturday night, 99 and 21 on Friday and 105 and 18 the day before, meaning the number of confirmed cases in intensive care is below 100 for the third day running and the lowest in more than a month.

As of 8pm on Sunday there were 906 cases or suspected cases of Covid-19 in the Republic's acute hospitals, compared to 953 at the same time on Saturday night and 1,010 on Friday night

By my count the amount of cases in the ROI this week was 2244 in comparison to the last 3 weeks it was

April 6th to 12th - 4661
April 13th to 19th - 5596
April 20th to 26th  - 4011

Do you mean the amount of new cases or the amount of cases? (Not a dig a genuine question - I am assuming that is new cases?)

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 04, 2020, 02:40:43 PM
Do you mean the amount of new cases or the amount of cases? (Not a dig a genuine question - I am assuming that is new cases?)

It is new cases. Cases is a bit harder as recovery is sometimes not logged or only recorded once a week.
However if  you look here, the trends are generally down. Bit to go yet though, but we are getting there.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ireland/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 04, 2020, 02:40:43 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 04, 2020, 01:53:23 PM
Sounds encouraging and i can imagine before phase 1 comes into play on May 18th its hoped that ICU numbers fall to less than 50.

There were fewer than 100 people in intensive care units with confirmed coronavirus last night, the third day in a row, Health Service Executive (HSE) data also shows.

The HSE's daily operations update released last night shows 93 people were in these units across the country and a further 20 people with suspected cases of Covid-19 were being treated in intensive care.

The equivalent figures were 98 and 22 on Saturday night, 99 and 21 on Friday and 105 and 18 the day before, meaning the number of confirmed cases in intensive care is below 100 for the third day running and the lowest in more than a month.

As of 8pm on Sunday there were 906 cases or suspected cases of Covid-19 in the Republic's acute hospitals, compared to 953 at the same time on Saturday night and 1,010 on Friday night

By my count the amount of cases in the ROI this week was 2244 in comparison to the last 3 weeks it was

April 6th to 12th - 4661
April 13th to 19th - 5596
April 20th to 26th  - 4011

New cases each week. For the week ahead hopefully the numbers drop much further.

imtommygunn

RadioGAAGAA

Its good news alright.

Question now is - what can be relaxed without causing that to shoot up?

I'm not sure how we monitor it closely enough to avoid being 2 weeks behind the curve if we relax the wrong thing.

Best I can think of is concentrating whatever spare testing resource there is on (representative) sample communities around the country. Test (regardless of symptoms) extensively in those communities every 2 days or something like that so if it does start to creep up, you can more quickly react rather than when people first start arriving into hospital - by which point it could be far too late.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 04, 2020, 04:14:29 PM
Its good news alright.

I'm not sure how we monitor it closely enough to avoid being 2 weeks behind the curve if we relax the wrong thing.

Best I can think of is concentrating whatever spare testing resource there is on (representative) sample communities around the country. Test (regardless of symptoms) extensively in those communities every 2 days or something like that so if it does start to creep up, you can more quickly react rather than when people first start arriving into hospital - by which point it could be far too late.
Inceptions are down because of the lockdown.
Opening up again will increase them .

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2020, 04:41:01 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on May 04, 2020, 04:14:29 PM
Its good news alright.

Inceptions are down because of the lockdown.
Opening up again will increase them .

...  ???
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

So France's first case was now confirmed in December 2019.

Long before this thread started, which is actually in relieving and worrying at the same time. If it was in France in December, it could easily have been in Ireland, you'd be foolish to think otherwise considering what we are told is the contagious nature of this particular virus.

Does that change everything? Are we actually in the 2nd wave right now....we just know what we are dealing with....

*EDIT - I had put fatality here, it was not, it was a positive test that was retested now they know what Covid is.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 05, 2020, 09:24:35 AM
So France's first fatal case was now confirmed in December 2019.

Long before this thread started, which is actually in relieving and worrying at the same time. If it was in France in December, it could easily have been in Ireland, you'd be foolish to think otherwise considering what we are told is the contagious nature of this particular virus.

Does that change everything? Are we actually in the 2nd wave right now....we just know what we are dealing with....

We need the antibody test.

clarshack

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 05, 2020, 09:24:35 AM
So France's first fatal case was now confirmed in December 2019.

i'm also starting to think this.

imtommygunn

I have thought this for a while to be honest. There was some study in oxford or cambridge drew this conclusion too but there were gaps in it I think too.

Maroon Manc

They've covered it a number of times on LBC the last month, plenty of listeners ringing him claiming to have had it in January. I can recall one woman claiming a colleague returned from a holiday in China in early January and several people in the office had coronavirus symptoms and a couple of them ended up in hospital. You'd wonder how many deaths were missed in January & February have been missed.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 05, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
They've covered it a number of times on LBC the last month, plenty of listeners ringing him claiming to have had it in January. I can recall one woman claiming a colleague returned from a holiday in China in early January and several people in the office had coronavirus symptoms and a couple of them ended up in hospital. You'd wonder how many deaths were missed in January & February have been missed.

In my own workplace, in December I remember a lot of sickness - so much so, the coughing and spluttering looking back now was really very obvious that it could well have been this - at the time it was put down to 'a bad oul flu going round'....I'm sure a few of you looking back might remember something similar.