China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

To me one overriding thing throughout this is that the Irish government actually appear to give a f**k about peoples lives whereas the UK government, and this is not a shock with how the tories are, do not.

five points

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2020, 02:05:48 PM
To me one overriding thing throughout this is that the Irish government actually appear to give a f**k about peoples lives whereas the UK government, and this is not a shock with how the tories are, do not.

Two words: cervical check.

imtommygunn

Well then maybe it's all relative.

trailer

People look at politicians or scientists or advisors like they know more than you. Or successful people. They know the secret. They know more than me. Spoiler alert, they don't. Many are promoted far beyond their abilities and spend their days trying not be found out.

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:01:23 PM
People look at politicians or scientists or advisors like they know more than you. Or successful people. They know the secret. They know more than me. Spoiler alert, they don't. Many are promoted far beyond their abilities and spend their days trying not be found out.
The thing is, when it comes to science, scientists know more then you. When it comes to medicine and healthcare, doctors know more than you. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

APM

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: mouview on April 28, 2020, 11:25:36 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 10:13:23 AM
A few points.

1) The lockdown isn't as effective as it should be because a significant amount of people cannot be locked down. Key workers (who are usually the lowest paid) It should be called the "rich work from home."

2) Again the effectiveness is compromised as there is little or no contact testing. Testing itself is minimal. The authorities are unable to say with conviction what the spread of the virus looks like. Testing is key. It's not being done. Therefore the lockdown is probably only about 50% effective to what it should be.

3) There is no quarantining of people arriving into the UK or Ireland. So a second, third, fourth wave is inevitable. Is a 6. 9 or 12 month lockdown viable?

4) People have lost confidence in what appears to be a hugely incompetent response from CMOs, Scientists and Gov.

5) Was on the roads this morning - they are definitely busier. The game is up unless governments publish an exit plan.

6) If anything comes out of this, maybe people will start to question so called "Experts" and by extension Ministers who are hiding behind bullshit lines like "we will be guided by science" It's a f**king copout that translates as "I have no idea what I am doing and I am in a job role far beyond my ability"

7) A vaccine is the solution. Until then we have to live with it. So sensible measures, social distancing, protect the vulnerable. It's the only way forward as our Local and National governments are unable to help.

With respect, the gist of this is a bit silly. Do you advocate people ignore Govt. and scientific advice and make up their own rules about how best to approach this? Would you go to the doctor with an ailment and then decide to ignore his diagnosis if you didn't like it? Politicians in the main are people of very disparate backgrounds and qualifications; when there's a specific or serious issue, and it's hard to think of a more extreme example of this than now, then it's absolutely correct that they take on board the most informed professional guidance available. Point 4 above is very generic and misguided - I don't hear any sustained or national outcry against the current measures being implemented.

Yes of course you're are correct. When has the British government ever lied before?

Be very very careful about trusting these chancers.

I said it before, posts like this are a complete scourge.  The same poster previously talked about "CMO fraudsters". I would love to know your public health credentials that allow you to talk so authoritatively and stridently about this.
"The game is up" - What game? The measures are there to protect you and your family, you make it sound like the measures were taken with ulterior motives. You are presenting this as if someone has something to gain from these arrangements. 
"The authorities are unable to say with conviction" - I'm amazed at how much you are prepared to say with conviction!
"Start to question so-called experts" - Perhaps you would be better listening to someone who will advise you do drink bleach
"A vaccine is the solution" - Let's hope so, but maybe you should read these articles first: 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51665497
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52446965

Smurfy123

The uk government has made a complete balls up of this
A complete ballsup
Cheltenham
Liverpool v Madrid
Schools
No testing at airports people walking freely as they land all around the uk
Not getting a hold of nurseling homes first(this should have been done first)

Johnstone and his government need to be accountable for all these actions
And see them scientists tell them to go and f**k

Scotland now saying wear masks after being told they are no good

imtommygunn

Trailer you should start a thread - trailer's advice page. Nothing would be off limits ;D

The balls up with regard to airports being open - have a look at dublin airport's reply to Jim Allister on twitter. The airports being open is across the board and is WHO. It would be the same most places and not specific to Uk. The old peoples homes is across the board in various countries too. The difference is not allowing them into hospitals and quite frankly not giving a f**k about them. Also the worst thing the UK govt is doing is spinning shit about PPE for NHS staff.

QuoteJohnstone and his government need to be accountable for all these actions

I would agree with this bit.

Aughafad

Don't argue with idiots! they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: highorlow on April 28, 2020, 12:31:25 PM
Hey, I got it wrong, so did lots of people. Glad people who called it right are getting satisfaction by going back over old posts and re posting them. It's a sign of the times if that's how you get your kicks.

When all the facts are churned out on this we will know the rights and wrongs.

I disagree now, and only now, that perfectly healthy people should still remain locked away after next week. We need some sort of income to pay for this. But hey, some knowitalls on here that called it right are the only ones now entitled to and opinion.

Nostradamus has spoken.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:01:23 PM

Karen from Facebook knows more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Where or when does Dr Trailer do his triple by passes?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

The trust people here are putting the British Government is unbelievable. Chris Whitty the UKs CMO has prseided over one of the worst death totals anywhere in the world! But we should follow like a lemming! Catch a grip.

trailer

Quote from: APM on April 28, 2020, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 12:14:31 PM
Quote from: mouview on April 28, 2020, 11:25:36 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 10:13:23 AM
A few points.

1) The lockdown isn't as effective as it should be because a significant amount of people cannot be locked down. Key workers (who are usually the lowest paid) It should be called the "rich work from home."

2) Again the effectiveness is compromised as there is little or no contact testing. Testing itself is minimal. The authorities are unable to say with conviction what the spread of the virus looks like. Testing is key. It's not being done. Therefore the lockdown is probably only about 50% effective to what it should be.

3) There is no quarantining of people arriving into the UK or Ireland. So a second, third, fourth wave is inevitable. Is a 6. 9 or 12 month lockdown viable?

4) People have lost confidence in what appears to be a hugely incompetent response from CMOs, Scientists and Gov.

5) Was on the roads this morning - they are definitely busier. The game is up unless governments publish an exit plan.

6) If anything comes out of this, maybe people will start to question so called "Experts" and by extension Ministers who are hiding behind bullshit lines like "we will be guided by science" It's a f**king copout that translates as "I have no idea what I am doing and I am in a job role far beyond my ability"

7) A vaccine is the solution. Until then we have to live with it. So sensible measures, social distancing, protect the vulnerable. It's the only way forward as our Local and National governments are unable to help.

With respect, the gist of this is a bit silly. Do you advocate people ignore Govt. and scientific advice and make up their own rules about how best to approach this? Would you go to the doctor with an ailment and then decide to ignore his diagnosis if you didn't like it? Politicians in the main are people of very disparate backgrounds and qualifications; when there's a specific or serious issue, and it's hard to think of a more extreme example of this than now, then it's absolutely correct that they take on board the most informed professional guidance available. Point 4 above is very generic and misguided - I don't hear any sustained or national outcry against the current measures being implemented.

Yes of course you're are correct. When has the British government ever lied before?

Be very very careful about trusting these chancers.

I said it before, posts like this are a complete scourge.  The same poster previously talked about "CMO fraudsters". I would love to know your public health credentials that allow you to talk so authoritatively and stridently about this.
"The game is up" - What game? The measures are there to protect you and your family, you make it sound like the measures were taken with ulterior motives. You are presenting this as if someone has something to gain from these arrangements. 
"The authorities are unable to say with conviction" - I'm amazed at how much you are prepared to say with conviction!
"Start to question so-called experts" - Perhaps you would be better listening to someone who will advise you do drink bleach
"A vaccine is the solution" - Let's hope so, but maybe you should read these articles first: 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51665497
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52446965

Listen, I'm shinning a light on the incompetence of Gov, scientists, advisors. Look at their handling of this crisis. Are you telling me they're doing a good job? That they know what they're doing? They got the initial response wrong because they used an infection rate based on the flu rather than coronavirus! If that's not scientific incompetence I don't know what is!
They don't know what they're doing. They have no plan. They're making it up as they go along!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trailer on April 28, 2020, 03:49:28 PM
The trust people here are putting the British Government is unbelievable. Chris Whitty the UKs CMO has prseided over one of the worst death totals anywhere in the world! But we should follow like a lemming! Catch a grip.

Look up Panoramas tweet about the PPE scandal. Read the replies. The amount of people queuing up to defend the govt is frightening.