China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 23, 2020, 08:15:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 11:49:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Look, closing beaches is like closing Cavehill or closing streets. When full lockdown comes, you won't be allowed there without good reason. That will be soon, I think. I mean, you can call for beaches to be closed but having Royal Ave or O'Connell St open at the same time, you're pissing into the wind.

Ok so people put up charts showing where we are now in comparison to Italy and if Italy had a Chance to go back to that point they would have locked down earlier. Itchy is waffling that you can't close the beaches, you can enforce it with fines, yes some clampits will continue to do it but let them be fined!

But yes we need a lockdown, essential travel only in my view

If anyone has been shown to be a total waffler on here its you, just take a look at our pathetic posts early in this and ignoring of all info put in front of you and now you are looking for lockdown of beaches! You are the Donald Trump of the board.

Keep your pants on lad... At no point did I say this wasn't serious. I questioned things as I'm not an expert on these things but you seem happy enough that the place isn't on lockdown. Maybe it's you that's getting on like Trump
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on March 23, 2020, 09:38:26 AM
Cue MR2 telling me that I need to shut up as I can't do anything about it so no point talking about it.

Yet he's rattling about whether or not he's getting paid his sales commission by the government.  ::)

I'm not worried at all, in fairness my wages will be the least of my worries, as long as my family is safe. Again that was a question that came up in work, I thought maybe someone with some insight into these things would know.

My job is purely servicing our patients now. has been for a couple of weeks.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Franko on March 23, 2020, 09:40:18 AM
Also.

Cancel the f**king Olympics.

I see Canada officially withdrew from the games overnight

The pretence that there is a chance of anything other than total cancellation is laughable.

armaghniac

This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Sure you can "lockdown' for a couple of weeks, but then you have to reactivate production and people still have to cop themselves on. The WHO have pointed out that you can't close the world, that you need to track the disease and isolate people who have and everyone they met recently.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

The lockdown can be pretty much instantaneous. The emergence from that lockdown will obviously have to be slow and staggered. No doubt the Irish attitude to that in Day 1 however will be "sweet, I'm going down the pub for a rake of pints".

In case people don't get it, here are some things you can't do during lockdown at it is in Spain and Italy:

Go for a walk
Take the kids out for fresh air
Visit family
Visit friends
Go to the park
Go shopping as a family
Go for a jog round the block
Take the dog out as an excuse to go for a walk

All these self righteous c***ts on Twitter banging on about how they're "social distancing" don't have a f**king clue what's about to hit them. "Oh I went for a walk up Cavehill with the dog, but it's ok, I made sure I stayed 2m away from everybody"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 09:55:39 AM
This is not a sprint, it is a marathon. Sure you can "lockdown' for a couple of weeks, but then you have to reactivate production and people still have to cop themselves on. The WHO have pointed out that you can't close the world, that you need to track the disease and isolate people who have and everyone they met recently.

The Lockdown needs to be done to reduce the needs for the ICU teams, then relax it a bit then put it back on when the numbers increase, that needs repeated till they get a vaccine.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2020, 10:18:11 AM

The Lockdown needs to be done to reduce the needs for the ICU teams, then relax it a bit then put it back on when the numbers increase, that needs repeated till they get a vaccine.

Yep - thats more or less what will have to happen.

Too many stupid people either unwilling to listen or unable to comprehend what they are told.

Another example of why democracy is a load of shit - the dumb f**kers vote counts every bit as much.
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Fine. But you have to test and trace while doing all this and the wasters in Stormont are threatening us all by their refusal to do this.

JohnDenver

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 10:03:10 AM
The lockdown can be pretty much instantaneous. The emergence from that lockdown will obviously have to be slow and staggered. No doubt the Irish attitude to that in Day 1 however will be "sweet, I'm going down the pub for a rake of pints".

In case people don't get it, here are some things you can't do during lockdown at it is in Spain and Italy:

Go for a walk
Visit family
Visit friends
Go to the park
Go shopping as a family

All these self righteous c***ts on Twitter banging on about how they're "social distancing" don't have a f**king clue what's about to hit them. "Oh I went for a walk up Cavehill with the dog, but it's ok, I made sure I stayed 2m away from everybody"

With regards this - i can see your point, but I also think it's somewhat confusing the information supplied. We are getting the stay 2 metres apart thing, so where is that applicable to?  I'm sure a lot of people are just out to clear the head for a walk and still trying to be adhering to distancing etc. Of course there will always be eejits who can't be told and will go ahead as normal.

If there was a total lockdown like you mentioned above in Spain and Italy, how does it work for getting food or shopping supplies - is it somehow monitored per household, or time?

Wee Roddy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 10:41:14 AM

Fine. But you have to test and trace while doing all this and the wasters in Stormont are threatening us all by their refusal to do this.

My understanding of it is that Michelle O'Neill is calling for this so I am assuming the directive has to come from Boris as Arlene is against it.
Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Wee Roddy on March 23, 2020, 11:03:37 AM

My understanding of it is that Michelle O'Neill is calling for this so I am assuming the directive has to come from Boris as Arlene is against it.

So what is the point of having an Executive office if all MON can do is say stuff to no effect?

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 23, 2020, 11:12:29 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on March 23, 2020, 11:03:37 AM

So what is the point of having an Executive office if all MON can do is say stuff to no effect?

Let them geg the Alliance wasters to support a motion in the Assembly to do this, and  pressure the DUP.

gallsman

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 23, 2020, 10:58:39 AM

Go for a walk
Visit family
Visit friends
Go to the park
Go shopping as a family

With regards this - i can see your point, but I also think it's somewhat confusing the information supplied. We are getting the stay 2 metres apart thing, so where is that applicable to?  I'm sure a lot of people are just out to clear the head for a walk and still trying to be adhering to distancing etc. Of course there will always be eejits who can't be told and will go ahead as normal.

If there was a total lockdown like you mentioned above in Spain and Italy, how does it work for getting food or shopping supplies - is it somehow monitored per household, or time?

Oh I absolutely agree you, people don't know what to be doing because Boris, Arlene and Michelle have absolutely fucked the messaging. But there are also plenty of otherwise intelligent people who think taking the dog for a walk is fine as long as you don't bump into or engage with other people and don't consider any other exposure they leave themselves or others open to. None of these people have a clue what's going to happen if an actual lockdown is in place.

Here in Spain, one person is allowed to go out at a time, for one of six or seven key reasons, most prominent of which is to purchase food or medical supplies or attend a critical medical appointment. As an example of what that means, my wife is due to have a 16 week checkup with the midwife next week. That's been cancelled. As we're also in the private system, she was due for a 16 week scan. Cancelled.

From today, anyone out and about is supposed to print and carry a certificate explaining who they are, where they live, where they're going and why. Police never the power to fine you on the spot. For serious breaches, you can get fines of tens of thousands and a year in prison.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gallsman on March 23, 2020, 11:14:43 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on March 23, 2020, 10:58:39 AM

Go for a walk
Visit family
Visit friends
Go to the park
Go shopping as a family

Oh I absolutely agree you, people don't know what to be doing because Boris, Arlene and Michelle have absolutely fucked the messaging. But there are also plenty of otherwise intelligent people who think taking the dog for a walk is fine as long as you don't bump into or engage with other people and don't consider any other exposure they leave themselves or others open to. None of these people have a clue what's going to happen if an actual lockdown is in place.

Here in Spain, one person is allowed to go out at a time, for one of six or seven key reasons, most prominent of which is to purchase food or medical supplies or attend a critical medical appointment. As an example of what that means, my wife is due to have a 16 week checkup with the midwife next week. That's been cancelled. As we're also in the private system, she was due for a 16 week scan. Cancelled.

From today, anyone out and about is supposed to print and carry a certificate explaining who they are, where they live, where they're going and why. Police never the power to fine you on the spot. For serious breaches, you can get fines of tens of thousands and a year in prison.

This is the level we need.

gallsman

My sis lives in New Zealand. They've just had they're first two cases of "non-imported" Covid-19. Country immediately in lockdown.