China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 16, 2020, 01:03:08 AM
I see you and I raise you:
https://twitter.com/drantbradley/status/1239325741386432513

A pastor in Florida keeps his megachurch open, encourages people to mingle and shake hands, and pledges to keep bible study classes going because they're "revivalists not pansies." This could wipe a significant portion of Florida's population out.

Lock him up, ffs.

Hardy

The most accurate description of the situation and clearest presentation of the essential message I've seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4&feature=youtu.be

Boycey

Quote from: dublin7 on March 16, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 16, 2020, 09:07:48 AM
Quote from: MayoBuck on March 15, 2020, 11:51:22 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 15, 2020, 11:48:52 PM
Has anyone heard the recording of yer man whose mate works at Europcar? HSE / Gardai / defense forces have had a meeting. It's all under wraps for now to prevent panic-buying. They've been buying vehicles instead of leasing them because they reckon this is going to last more than three months. Come Tuesday morning there's to be an address to the nation initiating a 2-week lockdown.

Yer man: "What exactly does lockdown mean?"
Defense forces fella: "It means you don't f**ing leave your house."

Army will be on the streets to deter looting and curfew-breaking.

Yes, that's the recording I got. Seemed very elaborate to be bullshit but who knows.

Def bullshit

I've a mate working in Cathal Brugha barracks and he said its rubbish

Did u get the pics of the 7 seaters with Garda branding on them?

johnnycool

I wonder has Leo been on the phone with Medtronic in Galway to prevent them shipping new ventilators outside of Ireland?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: johnnycool on March 16, 2020, 10:24:51 AM
I wonder has Leo been on the phone with Medtronic in Galway to prevent them shipping new ventilators outside of Ireland?

Arlene, ye want a ventilator? Well, just wait till I get my phone out then I want you to dance a wee jig saying your Irish.

Boris, you want a rake of ventilators shipped? Then get your bunch tae f**k out of Ireland!
i usse an speelchekor

Itchy

I doubt it, it would totally go against the grain for a FG leader to do that. Led by the Markets.

armaghniac

Well the EU has placed a ban on sending medical equipment out of the EU. Not sure where Britain is in that calculation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mackers

Does anyone know where the scientific evidence is behind statements coming from Westminister and Stormont in relation to regarding the closure of the schools and a lockdown for over 70's for FOUR months?  Are they just pulling this timescale out of the air?  China has only four new cases coming from domestic sources after a (draconian) lockdown of approximately four weeks. I'm genuinely confused.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Solo_run

Quote from: mackers on March 16, 2020, 11:17:25 AM
Does anyone know where the scientific evidence is behind statements coming from Westminister and Stormont in relation to regarding the closure of the schools and a lockdown for over 70's for FOUR months?  Are they just pulling this timescale out of the air?  China has only four new cases coming from domestic sources after a (draconian) lockdown of approximately four weeks. I'm genuinely confused.

There is no evidence to support the idea that herd immunity would work with Coronavirus as it is a new virus.

The lockdowns won't happen for 4 months or at least they won't if countries take different approaches to travel. China could have easily had the virus spread throughout the country again if they didn't quarantine tourists.

mackers

That's not what I'm getting at. Foster said that they are stalling on closing schools in the north because when they close they will be closed for 16 weeks.  The British Health Secretary said yesterday that the lockdown on over 70s will be coming within "weeks" and when it does come it will be for four months.  When you compare this to what's happening in China and South Korea it doesn't stack up.  I'm not doubting that the next few weeks/months will be tough but is there scientific evidence to justify that the lockdowns on schoolchildren and over 70s for such an extended period?  Are they just trying to focus minds?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 11:02:17 AM

Well the EU has placed a ban on sending medical equipment out of the EU. Not sure where Britain is in that calculation.
GB is outside
NI isn't.
But not until.the end of the transition period I think.

seafoid

Ryanair thinks it may have to ground its fleet

https://www.ft.com/content/f5bedb66-51a1-3eb2-a1ef-9ab452acc357

Chief executive Michael O'Leary said: We are doing everything we can to meet the challenge posed by the Covid-19 outbreak, which has over the last week caused extraordinary and unprecedented travel restrictions to be imposed by National Governments, in many cases with minimal or zero notice.

Itchy

Quote from: mackers on March 16, 2020, 11:17:25 AM

Well it is not coming from the WHO, and they are the leading experts in the world. The people who deal with pandemics year in year out, SARs, Swine Flu etc etc. This is not the approach they are advising. If I were North of the Border I would be following what we are doing in the South and to hell with the advice from Westminster.

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on March 16, 2020, 12:00:18 PM
Ryanair thinks it may have to ground its fleet

https://www.ft.com/content/f5bedb66-51a1-3eb2-a1ef-9ab452acc357

Chief executive Michael O'Leary said: We are doing everything we can to meet the challenge posed by the Covid-19 outbreak, which has over the last week caused extraordinary and unprecedented travel restrictions to be imposed by National Governments, in many cases with minimal or zero notice.

Good chance airlines could fold by the time this is all over.

johnnycool

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 11:02:17 AM

They're ok JCB have offered to help out.....

Digging graves it seems.