China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2020, 02:18:58 PM
NI trina cheile as DUP align with fruitcake Tories and the more rational Shinners follow developments down South.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-row-over-sinn-feins-u-turn-on-school-closures-as-health-minister-says-nhs-services-in-northern-ireland-must-be-curtailed-39043439.html

This is a seriously high risk game of poker being played out now by the Tories. Frightening.

Milltown Row2

Was with a lecturer from Trinity yesterday, his classes are closed till September, now I was all for closing schools at the start but 4 months plus A levels and GCSE's to be done, mental.

What's the best fix? Can't have them being looked after by grandparents surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Well here is one for the DUP. In what age bracket are there most protestants vrs Catholics in the north. What age bracket will  have have the highest mortality rates.

It's like Brexit, following the Tories blindly as it's the British thing to do even though its completely against their interests. Those interests this time of course are everyone's interests. I can't believe what the Brits are at.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 04:03:17 PM
Was with a lecturer from Trinity yesterday, his classes are closed till September, now I was all for closing schools at the start but 4 months plus A levels and GCSE's to be done, mental.

I can't see, in the timeframe, any exams being completed this year.
What will happen? Repeat the year perhaps???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 14, 2020, 04:19:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 04:03:17 PM

I can't see, in the timeframe, any exams being completed this year.
What will happen? Repeat the year perhaps???

That's madness, whole schools having an extra year group in place? What about the lack of teachers, then it comes back (the Virus)  again in September?

No easy answers, proper cluster f**k
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

redzone

Did I see something about the Cubans having some sort of cure

Joeythelips

The Dutch have discovered an antibody that works apparently but it has to be properly tested and mass produced which will take the guts of a year, byt which time this pandemic will have run its course. Herd immunity will happen by that stage, that where 80% of the population will have got the virus and there bodies will have dealt with it and given them immunity from future infection. However that means there will be a lot more deaths to come Im afraid.

Square Ball

US travel ban now extended to the UK and Ireland
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Itchy

Quote from: Joeythelips on March 14, 2020, 04:48:35 PM
The Dutch have discovered an antibody that works apparently but it has to be properly tested and mass produced which will take the guts of a year, byt which time this pandemic will have run its course. Herd immunity will happen by that stage, that where 80% of the population will have got the virus and there bodies will have dealt with it and given them immunity from future infection. However that means there will be a lot more deaths to come Im afraid.

Sound. You might just tells what evidence there is to support this herd immunity theory and any real world examples where it worked before.

imtommygunn

The herd immunity thing is bullshit.

Itchy

Prediction. Since uk isnt going to test people now we will never know how many people are infected. I bet when people start to die they won't categorise them as Corona victims either. We will never know where this stands in the uk. I'm afraid if north refuses to follow the lead of the republic border may have to be closed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 14, 2020, 05:03:46 PM
Prediction. Since uk isnt going to test people now we will never know how many people are infected. I bet when people start to die they won't categorise them as Corona victims either. We will never know where this stands in the uk. I'm afraid if north refuses to follow the lead of the republic border may have to be closed.

People are being tested, and if someone shows signs of a cold or flu like symptoms they should isolate, is everyone in the south being tested? Or recommended to self isolate?

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on March 14, 2020, 06:00:17 PM
Second death .
And 39 new cases today, 129 confirmed cases in ROI now.