Started by Minder, December 01, 2009, 08:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Seems you cannot view any content now without subscribing
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Minder on December 01, 2009, 08:22:28 AM

That came in a while ago, I think most of the other papers will be following suit in the not to distant.
Tbc....

Minder

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 01, 2009, 10:33:52 AM

That came in a while ago, I think most of the other papers will be following suit in the not to distant.

I was on it yesterday and you can still see the headlines and first few lines of the stories as it has always been but today it is a totally new front page directing you to subscribe.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Minder on December 01, 2009, 10:36:39 AM

I was on it yesterday and you can still see the headlines and first few lines of the stories as it has always been but today it is a totally new front page directing you to subscribe.

Ah, just seen that, still thought you could get a wee bit.
Tbc....

móidín doire

I saw something in the paper edition last week about the online edition changing to a flip book/pdf like version from now on. i.e. the same look and format as the paper edition, rather than the look and feel of a webpage. Not sure if that is why there are no free pages anymore. Haven't a subscription so couldn't say for sure.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Minder on December 01, 2009, 10:36:39 AM

Yes, they sent an email out last week warning about such (no freebie pages any more).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Sandino

I think this publication has gone down hill. there is no way I would pay money for it. Most of my GAA reading needs are catered for online.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

ziggysego

I got an email about it last week.
Testing Accessibility

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Sandino on December 01, 2009, 12:19:55 PM
I think this publication has gone down hill. there is no way I would pay money for it. Most of my GAA reading needs are catered for online.

Agree with this.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Sandino on December 01, 2009, 12:19:55 PM

why?
The Boys in Red and Black are back