Armagh media ban over - McGeeney says "we'll rip Donegal's heads off"

Started by Sidney, August 07, 2014, 01:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Armagh assistant manager Kieran McGeeney has smashed the county's self-imposed media ban by launching an astonishing attack of trash talking against Jim McGuinness, Donegal, and every other team left in this year's championship.

When I exclusively asked McGeeney for his thoughts on Armagh's chances against the 2012 All-Ireland champions, he was blunt.

"On Saturday we're going to rip Donegal's heads clean off, and especially Jim McGuinness and his little pea head. Jim thinks it's all talk but when he wakes up with his nose plastered on the other side of his face he's gonna know it's not all talk. You ask me where my confidence comes from? My confidence comes from looking in the mirror and knowing that I am the one, the only, the "Notorious KMG" I am a God."

Given the shock hostility against McGuinness, I felt it only fair to ask McGeeney if McGuinness had insulted him personally.

"Don't get me wrong  - I like the kid - but he's a pathetic little hillbilly from the back arse of nowhere. You know I've nothing against the guy, you know what I mean? But I'm sure he grew up in a circus or a fair as a kid - his cousin's probably named Cletus or something, but his chin is going to be cracked, and cracked early, by me and my arms of granite. He'll know pretty early that he's in over his head. He'll wake up, and he'll bow before me and my God-like physique."

McGeeney clearly smells blood.

"Too f**king right I do. All you gotta do is look at Donegal's last couple of matches. Antrim are an Ulster Championship reject, and Donegal still got wobbled about 40 times.  In their last match they played a tough reject that had them on the ropes. After this they'll be more punch drunk than Jim McDaid when he drove down the wrong side of the Naas Road after 15 pints. A gust of wind and they'll be doing the chicken dance. It's going to be a KO that makes what Mayo did to them last year look like a punch from a starving Gazan child  - we're going to win by 30, no, 40 points - mark my words."

Asked if he was being a bit presumptuous given Armagh's status as rank outsiders of the six teams left, McGeeney was defiant.

"If you think we're going to celebrate getting into the last six, you're highly mistaken, my friend.  I don't give a shit about being in the top six, I only give a shit about being number one. As far as I'm concerned, we're number one, and everybody else is gonna know that come September 21st, and when the heads of Michael Murphy, Bernard Brogan and James O'Donoghue clatter off the canvas when Ciaran McKeever runs into them, they'll know it too - but not until they recover consciousness - which could take a very long time. "

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

"If you think we're going to celebrate getting into the last six, you're highly mistaken, my friend.  I don't give a shit about being in the top six, I only give a shit about being number one. As far as I'm concerned, we're number one, and everybody else is gonna know that come September 21st, and when the heads of Michael Murphy, Bernard Brogan and James O'Donoghue clatter off the canvas when Ciaran McKeever runs into them, they'll know it too - but not until they recover consciousness - which could take a very long time. "

It was believable till that fook up, *Cillian O Connor* would of made it believable, that other Kerry fella is only a two trick pony anyway ,he'll be forgotten about when the gooch gets back.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

bcarrier

Quote from: J70 on August 07, 2014, 01:53:56 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 07, 2014, 01:06:29 AM
Troll score 0/10.

Ah, its pretty amusing, in fairness!  :)

"Too f**king right I do. All you gotta do is look at Donegal's last couple of matches. Antrim are an Ulster Championship reject, and Donegal still got wobbled about 40 times.  In their last match they played a tough reject that had them on the ropes. After this they'll be more punch drunk than Jim McDaid when he drove down the wrong side of the Naas Road after 15 pints. A gust of wind and they'll be doing the chicken dance. It's going to be a KO that makes what Mayo did to them last year look like a punch from a starving Gazan child  - we're going to win by 30, no, 40 points - mark my words."

amusing my hole.

Pathetic.inappropriate.tasteless.shit.

Zip Code

Quote from: J70 on August 07, 2014, 01:53:56 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 07, 2014, 01:06:29 AM
Troll score 0/10.

Ah, its pretty amusing, in fairness!  :)

It's pathetic, what's more pathetic is he obviously took some time to write that childish shite and probably pulled the taw of himself typing it, in awe at his own genius - complete knob end.

ONeill

It's tough in here Sidney.

The Gazan paragraph was probably a bit much but apart from that keep er lit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

We need more of this stuff. In fact I move for a resurrection of the Tractor Pulling Championships.

Sidney

When I asked McGeeney for a clarification of his comments this morning, the mixed martial arts black belt holder was in no mood to back down.

"I'm the King of the UFC - the Ulster Football Championship, and I never lost to Donegal. Alright, 1993, but I wasn't the Notorious KMG then that I am now, so that doesn't count. Remember how I squashed McGuinness like a bug in 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006? I'm going to do it again. It'll be UFC for Donegal on Saturday - ultimate football catastrophe."

Asked if he also spoke for manager Paul Grimley, McGeeney replied; "I am the manager."

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2014, 10:47:49 AM
Did you bring up his time in Kildare?
Geezer wasn't willing to discuss GAA matters relating to that time but did talk about when, as part of his initiation ceremony into Kildare GAA, he took part in a bare knuckle fight against a savage invader from Tyrone, only known as "Sean", in front of five thousand screaming spectators in Donnelly's Hollow on the Curragh. "I'd say that Dan Donnelly was one tough nut", said McG, "but he had nothing on me."

"Dermot Earley, God rest him, was watching it, and he said to me afterwards: "You are a leader of men. We need you to lead the Army , now." I said "Jeez, Dermot, I'd love to, but I've got bigger fish to fry*."

"I watched "Fight Club" the night before, and it inspired me. Brad Pitt really reminds me of myself, except he's obviously not as handsome. When I hit that Sean fella, he stayed down. I said to him, "you might think you're a bare knuckle boxer, but you can forget about yourself as a man".

"But one of the rules of Fight Club is that what happens in Fight Club stays in Fight Club, so I don't like to talk about it. Anyway, I'm far too modest to boast about myself."

*Grill, McGeeney considers fried food far too unhealthy to eat.

Captain Scarlet

I think it worked well but many on here didn't see he was using the Notorious quotes. Sure doesn't Geezer use the same gym although they have very different ideas of how to do press conferences...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

DuffleKing

Be careful logging in and out there O'Neill - don't post under the wrong handle...