Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Do leagues have playoffs to determine champion or just the top team is champions.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Eire90 on January 23, 2020, 10:40:42 AM
Do leagues have playoffs to determine champion or just the top team is champions.

Only league to have a playoff is D1.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on January 23, 2020, 12:11:18 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on January 22, 2020, 10:43:25 PM
Fionn Dromore never conceded a reserve game in 2018, haven't to my knowledge conceded a reserve game in at least 10 years.

From tyronegaa.ie/fixtures-results-2018

Sun 21st Oct 18

An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait (CONC) v (0-0) Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig

ACFL Division 1 Reserve 2018 9
12:00 PM

Dayum son

WT4E

Tyrone95

Quote from: chieftain on January 23, 2020, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: WT4E on January 23, 2020, 11:14:20 AM
CARRICKMORE SAYS NO

So we all abide by them  :o :o :o

Take from it what you will.  Majority wins - Do the math. 

Christmas Lights

Couldn't believe when I heard the result.  It was like the shock of the referendum all over again only this time remain won when you would have thought leave would have come through by a landslide.

My biggest gripe is that there seems to be very little to no engagement whatsoever from clubs and their actual reserve players.  From speaking to a number of reserve players, a lot where in favour of this new system but nobody bothered to ask them on their thoughts or views which I find the most disappointing aspect and shows a total lack of respect from the clubs towards their own reserve players. 

A few old heads at the top of each club calling the shots.  The gammons have won again.  Welcome to Brexit Tyrone.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Christmas Lights on January 23, 2020, 11:54:33 AM
Couldn't believe when I heard the result.  It was like the shock of the referendum all over again only this time remain won when you would have thought leave would have come through by a landslide.

My biggest gripe is that there seems to be very little to no engagement whatsoever from clubs and their actual reserve players.  From speaking to a number of reserve players, a lot where in favour of this new system but nobody bothered to ask them on their thoughts or views which I find the most disappointing aspect and shows a total lack of respect from the clubs towards their own reserve players. 

A few old heads at the top of each club calling the shots.  The gammons have won again.  Welcome to Brexit Tyrone.

As I said earlier Carrickmore did consult there senior squad and their was no appetite for it at all. The lads in their mid to late 20s said they would retire if they were not on the senior squad, which wouldnt be possible if the reserve were playing on a different day.
Maybe if WT4E or his Kildress club had of followed Carrickmores path on player development they wouldnt be in Division. Why would we vote to change something that is working for us?

blackball

Quote from: Wee Roddy on January 23, 2020, 12:26:06 PM

As I said earlier Carrickmore did consult there senior squad and their was no appetite for it at all. The lads in their mid to late 20s said they would retire if they were not on the senior squad, which wouldnt be possible if the reserve were playing on a different day.
Maybe if WT4E or his Kildress club had of followed Carrickmores path on player development they wouldnt be in Division. Why would we vote to change something that is working for us?

Why would it not be possible to be on the senior squad if the reserve game was played on a different night? that argument makes absolutely no sense!

Redhand Santa

If the reserves are played on a different day what's to stop them being on the senior squad? The senior team will still needs subs like is currently the case.

If anything it would be better for a reserve player being asked to come on for the seniors as he won't have already played a game that day. Also it would mean players not being held back for the senior game who could end up getting little or no game time that week at all.

Tyrone95

Quote from: blackball on January 23, 2020, 12:45:34 PM

Why would it not be possible to be on the senior squad if the reserve game was played on a different night? that argument makes absolutely no sense!

So you are actually expecting lads to tog out twice within 2 days.. maybe not featuring in a senior match then travelling to probably the same opponent again to play a reserve match on a monday evening with next to no one at the match. I think it's your deluded argument that makes absolutely no sense

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 23, 2020, 12:50:03 PM

So you are actually expecting lads to tog out twice within 2 days.. maybe not featuring in a senior match then travelling to probably the same opponent again to play a reserve match on a monday evening with next to no one at the match. I think it's your deluded argument that makes absolutely no sense

I don't think you've understood the proposal Tyrone95.

WT4E

OUCH!

But sure Carrickmores all about tradition Hi!

Our club where against it from what I hear and the players where never consulted. From a purely selfish point of view I thought it would have been to our benefit letting lads play teams of a better quality as they only had about 3-4 competitive league fixtures last year.

trailer

Quote from: WT4E on January 23, 2020, 01:17:33 PM

OUCH!

But sure Carrickmores all about tradition Hi!

Our club where against it from what I hear and the players where never consulted. From a purely selfish point of view I thought it would have been to our benefit letting lads play teams of a better quality as they only had about 3-4 competitive league fixtures last year.

But how would they not be in the senior squad? Do Carrickmore just list 24 or 26 for a Sunday and all the rest play reserve? Is that how it works?

I understand some clubs are against it but this is going to get worse not better. Teams are going to concede more and more games. Fionn's list won't get any better.

blackball

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 23, 2020, 12:50:03 PM

your really not getting the point here are you? They already tog out twice in the same day! and sometimes have to come on and play in the senior game after a full game of reserve football in their legs. They wouldn't likely be travelling to play the same opponent either as the reserve league was going to be split into east and west so im sure the fixtures would have been different. as for next to no one being at the match I dont think that would be the case.